Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New FaceBook Business rules and the results of it..

Options
  • 17-11-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭

Seems the organic reach of posts from Facebook Business pages will dramatically reduce to "improve user experience" and of course have business pay to have posts boosted and profiles shown to customers..

Do many people pay for their posts and ads on Facebook, is it comparable to PCC from Google regarding returns.

Maybe if they had actually cracked down on people using personal style profiles for their business it would have actually improved Facebook. I see so many local businesses near me using personal profiles for years now without being stopped.. But that wouldn't generate revenue.

I find that Twitter seems populated with many more business users and fewer private users.. A case of lots of people "raising their business profile" than actual general social networking, I'm not convinced of its usefulness for business at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've seen a lot of people moaning about the dropping reach numbers but haven't noticed a massive drop for us. We did boost a post for a sale or something I seem to remember and the reach was about 4x the norm and that was the entry priced option at about €5. I haven't really seen many businesses using the consumer account but it definitely doesn't help and you would think it would be easy to track them down. Twitter definitely seems to be full of other businesses more so than Facebook! Businesses, journalists and people retweeting Kim kardashian instagram pictures. Someone even asked us why we weren't on tsu or whatever it is the other day can't see that one lasting for now Facebook is the best option but it seems like it might well get more expensive to use which is somewhat fair as it is a great platform for advertising and sales wise has worked incredibly well for us our best advertising roi has been Facebook and its not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Hi Brian

For me it depends of what type of business you run. I'm in B2B sector so for me twitter works as I get through to owners and decision makers but imo B2C will get far more out of Facebook.

Advertisement