Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair NCD

Options
  • 17-11-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend a good place to get an old computer and two laptops fixed in the area ?

Looking to upgrade the old pc to windows 7 from xp and speed it up, speed up one of the laptops & stop it over heating and fix the keyboard on the other laptop.

I'd be willing to travel if nessaxary either !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Trinity Computer Repair are good. Don't have contact details on me, but a quick Google should get them for you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Can anyone reccomend a good place to get an old computer and two laptops fixed in the area ?

Looking to upgrade the old pc to windows 7 from xp and speed it up, speed up one of the laptops & stop it over heating and fix the keyboard on the other laptop.

I'd be willing to travel if nessaxary either !

You might want to check if your old computer is of an appropriate spec to upgrade to Win7 before getting it done, otherwise you could be looking at new memory chips etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

If you're looking to speed it up, you'll probably end up buying memory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

aaabbbb wrote: »
    speed up one of the laptops & stop it over heating and fix the keyboard on the other laptop.
    The cost on the keyboard fix might be more than the laptop's worth, the over heating issue could be just a build up of dust in the air vents - try using a vacuum cleaner yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Trinity Computer Repair are good. Don't have contact details on me, but a quick Google should get them for you.

Googled it but says they're in Sligo ?
    Stheno wrote: »
    You might want to check if your old computer is of an appropriate spec to upgrade to Win7 before getting it done, otherwise you could be looking at new memory chips etc

I hadn't even thought of that, It's an old Dell so it prob isn't but even if we could get it on vista it'll do the job. Its only needed for My Mother to have internet & email access really (we tried her with a tablet and it was more painful trying to teach her how to even turn it on than it was worth).

The cost on the keyboard fix might be more than the laptop's worth, the over heating issue could be just a build up of dust in the air vents - try using a vacuum cleaner yourself!

I've tried hoovering it out numerous times to no avail sadly ! Its the actual fan itself that's stopped working.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

you might be better buying new computer

pc world laptop 300 euros

some 260

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

biggest speed increase would be an ssd. Wont help with gaming, but will speed up windows etc.
    But would the cost be worth it for you?

Advertisement