Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

shinzon wrote: »
    one if you read the post correctly instead of jumping the gun as always in relation to fraud im talking social welfare fraud and welfare tourists a similar situation or circumstance could apply to people working outside of Ireland in relation to paying for water through progressive tax. the law was strengthened to allow the government to pursue that cohort of people. I cant see why further laws couldn't be changed to allow the government to collect taxes for part timers like yourself or are you afraid that could happen and they could tax you for water even though your not here for part of the year

It's called a Tax Treaty, look it up. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/practitioner/law/tax-treaties.html

I work in Germany in the German Market .. its not possible for Ireland to tax that income because its all declared in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

It's called a Tax Treaty, look it up. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/practitioner/law/tax-treaties.html

I work in Germany in the German Market .. its not possible for Ireland to tax that income because its all declared in Germany

and clearly no other alternative will do for you except Irish water wonder will you have a little tear when its all dead and buried

Shin

Believe what ye want clearly to you there is no other alternative then Irish water so good luck with your water meter charges

Shin

Are you drinking now or something :D ?

Edit:

Ah you are drinking:
    and clearly no other alternative will do for you except Irish water wonder will you have a little tear when its all dead and buried

Shin

Are you drinking now or something :D ?

Edit:

Ah you are drinking:

Nope and at least im not drinking in all the Irish water bull**** either

Shin

Nope and at least im not drinking in all the Irish water bull**** either

Shin

Now now Shin, use your words ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Progressive Tax taken from the American system

lol

Now now Shin, use your words ;)

Right so let me amend the last day of posts then just to end this interminable squabble once and for all

Everyone in the Republic of Ireland IE full time resident in said country would make a contribution under the progressive tax system as regards welfare a nominal contribution would be made so that everyone that's a full timer in this country would pay under the ability to pay no exceptions.

Again im not going to go and study every tax code and see how to implement such a program and then come back here and give a point by point dissection as some people seem to want me or tony eh to do.

Shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Today i have decided that i will be voting SF regardless of their history.

Once in power,I hope they find away to throw Ahern,kenny,Cowen and O'Brien in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Today i have decided that i will be voting SF regardless of their history.

Once in power,I hope they find away to throw Ahern,kenny,Cowen and O'Brien in jail.

Watched Noonan on six news,talking way above the heads of the electorate,on the economy.

We owe IMF another 9 billion,and the E bank 6 billion.,but we will save 300 million.

A real vote catcher that.

Right so let me amend the last day of posts then just to end this interminable squabble once and for all

Everyone in the Republic of Ireland IE full time resident in said country would make a contribution under the progressive tax system as regards welfare a nominal contribution would be made so that everyone that's a full timer in this country would pay under the ability to pay no exceptions.

Again im not going to go and study every tax code and see how to implement such a program and then come back here and give a point by point dissection as some people seem to want me or tony eh to do.

Shin

My feeling is that you are angry and you're not really sure why.

My point is I would like a fair and equitable system where everyone is cared for.

Your solution is just anti everything and brushes the problem under the carpet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

My point is I would like a fair and equitable system where everyone is cared for.

As you are for the "pay for what you use" model, would you like to see this implemented for schools and hospitals. and other services ?

If not, why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

hju6 wrote: »
    As you are for the "pay for what you use" model, would you like to see this implemented for schools and hospitals. and other services ?

If not, why not ?

Non-domestic water charges - either flat rate or metered - are levied on businesses, schools, hospitals and other non-domestic users. There are about 150,000 non-domestic connections, which constitute approximately 20% of total public water supply.

Non-domestic customers pay a combined charge for water and wastewater. Local authorities set the rates. In 2013, the national average water rate stood at €1.13 per m³. The national average wastewater rate was €1.19 per m³. €2.37 per m³ is the average combined rate. Significant variation exists in the local authorities’ rates, however, with Kildare County Council having a combined rate of €1.59 per m³, in contrast with €3.04 per m³ charged by Wicklow County Council. The cost of water for industrial users has remained relatively static since 2007.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Non-domestic water charges - either flat rate or metered - are levied on businesses, schools, hospitals and other non-domestic users. There are about 150,000 non-domestic connections, which constitute approximately 20% of total public water supply.

Non-domestic customers pay a combined charge for water and wastewater. Local authorities set the rates. In 2013, the national average water rate stood at €1.13 per m³. The national average wastewater rate was €1.19 per m³. €2.37 per m³ is the average combined rate. Significant variation exists in the local authorities’ rates, however, with Kildare County Council having a combined rate of €1.59 per m³, in contrast with €3.04 per m³ charged by Wicklow County Council. The cost of water for industrial users has remained relatively static since 2007.

I don't think that was the point they were making, but seeing as you're intent on talking about non domestic charges, 50% of the charges due fail to make it to the exchequer.

The costs etc. since 2007 would have risen.

The true contribution from the non domestic sector must realistically return half a billion, before any contribution required from households can be accurately calculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

hju6 wrote: »

If not, why not ?

We already fúcking do.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

Or, more likely, an unfortunate & pricey consequence of the sh*t salad that was the Croke Park & Haddington Road agreements.

Redeployment was part of those agreements

Thousands of public servants have been redeployed since the crash, moving into areas in need of staff

I do not understand how exemptions were made for the staff moved to Irish water. Why, like other public servants, were they not moved to areas with staff shortages, social welfare and so on?

So now that ive agreed with you and revised how people (in Ireland) pay fairly without Irish water in the picture your still not happy, I can only think you have one narrow minded vision of Irish Water being the one and only way for paying for water even though there is already alternatives put forward

You just dont want to hear it

Shin

gladrags wrote: »
    Watched Noonan on six news,talking way above the heads of the electorate,on the economy.

We owe IMF another 9 billion,and the E bank 6 billion.,but we will save 300 million.

A real vote catcher that.

And his comments regarding the USC bring here to stay. :rolleyes:

Just dont pay the debt. Short term loss for massive future gain imo. Im already contributing in my tax towards these crooks,I wont abide the idea of my kid doing this also when hes of working age.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205069802842197&set=vb.1157057457&type=2&theater

Enda Kenny's 2011 pre election speech 2 minutes.

No waiting for

A Government that puts the people first

A House

Free healthcare,

for a hospital bed,

No more governments wasting your money,

Vote fine gail and see that all government are not all the same

.... Lying cnut.

He also said that if he didnt deliver on these promises he would not stand for re-election.....Fraud!!

So now that ive agreed with you and revised how people (in Ireland) pay fairly without Irish water in the picture your still not happy, I can only think you have one narrow minded vision of Irish Water being the one and only way for paying for water even though there is already alternatives put forward

You just dont want to hear it

Shin

I heard the alternatives, basically they consist of ideas to keep it in general taxation or your progressive taxation.

Totally unfair schemes for people that would be paying for something they don't use.

Why don't you just want to pay directly for what you use ?
    Why do you want it hidden in taxes ?

Why don't you just want to pay directly for what you use ? Why do you want it hidden in taxes ?

Theres nothing hidden tbh and it doesn't matter what you use theres a flat rate now so the meters are redundant and will more then likely never be used as you want them to be used so your whole argument is nonsense

Shin

• Advertisement

'Hi Thomas.

With regard to today’s events, we wish to confirm that we have terminated our agreement with the Contactor on site. Because there was still concrete in our truck which was the property of the Contractor, we were obliged to deliver it to another site. Otherwise we would have had to pay for it.

Unfortunately our driver could not dictate which sites to deliver to and was only informed on the morning of each day where he was to go.

Our only agreement with the contractor was the hire of our truck and driver only. We did not supply any material whatsoever. All the concrete which we delivered was supplied by a third party. We were informed each morning where we were to pick up the concrete and where we were to deliver it to.

Once again, I wish to confirm that we have terminated our agreement with the contractor and will not be delivering anything to their sites in the future.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Best Regards
    [/email]
    www.tarstone.ie'

Company breaks contract and refuses to hall to sites connected with IW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

My application pack finally popped through the door yesterday... but with no application number or pin on the form, well done lads ye're getting there.

john.han wrote: »
    My application pack finally popped through the door yesterday... but with no application number or pin on the form, well done lads ye're getting there.

Apparently only 200 odd thousand have singed up and i imagine half of that number are kicking themselves.

'Hi Thomas.

With regard to today’s events, we wish to confirm that we have terminated our agreement with the Contactor on site. Because there was still concrete in our truck which was the property of the Contractor, we were obliged to deliver it to another site. Otherwise we would have had to pay for it.

Unfortunately our driver could not dictate which sites to deliver to and was only informed on the morning of each day where he was to go.

Our only agreement with the contractor was the hire of our truck and driver only. We did not supply any material whatsoever. All the concrete which we delivered was supplied by a third party. We were informed each morning where we were to pick up the concrete and where we were to deliver it to.

Once again, I wish to confirm that we have terminated our agreement with the contractor and will not be delivering anything to their sites in the future.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Best Regards
    e[/email]
    www.tarstone.ie'

Company breaks contract and refuses to hall to sites connected with IW!

Well done that company, it keeps unravelling for IW few more pushes now and itll be dead roll on the 10th

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Apparently only 200 odd thousand have singed up and i imagine half of that number are kicking themselves.

Why are 'application packs' needed for a flat rate tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

This has to be one of the most unrestrained and vicious articles on the water issue, I have read.

It comes from Liz O'Donnell, who was recently appointed to the RSA, by god knows who.

It raises the question of her suitability for that role, and her intellectual capacity to make unbiased decisions, in perspective. You could see how she would do well on the board of IW.

Who appointed this individual?

She should be sacked.

"The media's coverage of the water protests, particularly some TV journalists', has been disappointing. They will plead their duty to provide balance but many have been pandering to populism. Some seem more interested in the Government's discomfort than in challenging those equivocating about violence.
    The revised package on water charges has mitigated the worst aspects of the original proposals; they are fair, low, and predictable and capped. My feeling is that most reasonable people will back off the protest and be content that their legitimate concerns have been assuaged by the Government.
    It was instructive to see the unions who were part of the water protest movement balking at the removal of the bonus payments scheme, even though that was one of the major gripes of the protests about Irish Water as an organisation. They want to have it both ways."

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/liz-odonnell/cynically-populist-sinn-fein-and-loony-left-offer-only-defiance-and-instability-30783679.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

gladrags wrote: »
    This has to be one of the most unrestrained and vicious articles on the water issue, I have read.

It comes from Liz O'Donnell, who was recently appointed to the RSA, by god knows who.

It raises the question of her suitability for that role, and her intellectual capacity to make unbiased decisions, in perspective. You could see how she would do well on the board of IW.

Who appointed this individual?

She should be sacked.

"The media's coverage of the water protests, particularly some TV journalists', has been disappointing. They will plead their duty to provide balance but many have been pandering to populism. Some seem more interested in the Government's discomfort than in challenging those equivocating about violence.
    The revised package on water charges has mitigated the worst aspects of the original proposals; they are fair, low, and predictable and capped. My feeling is that most reasonable people will back off the protest and be content that their legitimate concerns have been assuaged by the Government.
    It was instructive to see the unions who were part of the water protest movement balking at the removal of the bonus payments scheme, even though that was one of the major gripes of the protests about Irish Water as an organisation. They want to have it both ways."

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/liz-odonnell/cynically-populist-sinn-fein-and-loony-left-offer-only-defiance-and-instability-30783679.html

O'Donnell is correct. The media is pandering to populism.

We still have a huge amount of people, most of whom don't bother voting, who want unlimited supplies of water for nothing. We are not a Country who can afford to be giving this away for free.

Theres nothing hidden tbh and it doesn't matter what you use theres a flat rate now so the meters are redundant and will more then likely never be used as you want them to be used so your whole argument is nonsense

Shin

Tell me again how progressive taxation would be a fair an equitable system for providing a public utility ?

Or why should someone that uses water responsibly pay for someone that uses water irresponsibly ?

I guess I could setup a business selling mini hydro electric generators that attach to taps.

You could charge your phone for free ! :D

Tell me again how progressive taxation would be a fair an equitable system for providing a public utility ?

Or why should someone that uses water responsibly pay for someone that uses water irresponsibly ?

I guess I could setup a business selling mini hydro electric generators that attach to taps.

You could charge your phone for free ! :D

In answer to your questions

1) no because ive oulined it a thousand times already

2) do you honestly believe that people in this country leave taps showers baths and hoses on 24/7 if you do then that's a very skewed vision of life in Ireland and totally wrong

3) LA LA land

Its the same arguments by the pro side again and again with no proof to back it up

Shin

• Advertisement

In answer to your questions

1) no because ive oulined it a thousand times already

2) do you honestly believe that people in this country leave taps showers baths and hoses on 24/7 if you do then that's a very skewed vision of life in Ireland and totally wrong

3) LA LA land

Its the same arguments by the pro side again and again with no proof to back it up

Shin

Proof ?

I already posted this:
    http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTWSS/Resources/Workingnote9.pdf

The only person not referencing anything is you.

I like that phrase "LA LA LAND" very Joe Duffy :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement