Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

gladrags wrote: »
    Unfortunately she is on the board of the RSA.

Judging by her inability to form a rational perspective, what does that say about road safety awareness,and her capacity to lessen the death toll.?

She should resign.

She could have used the article to express the risks,as outlined by the RSA to dangerous driving.

I wonder who she knew to get that gig. I wouldn't say she has much umph in the RSA anyhow.

Regardless, she was 4th rate politician in a failed right wing party. She's means absolutely nothing to the vast majority of the people of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Tony EH wrote: »
    a failed right wing party

Brilliant. Yizzer just pulling tripe out of yer arses at this point. All bang, no bark.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The water charge protesters have always represented a small minority of opinion. They can talk all they like about 100,000 people in a protest (most of which will now want nothing to do with the behaviour in recent times) but there are 4.6 million people in this country and this is a democracy.

Who do these people think they are acting like they speak for me when they call for the government to go? They don't speak for me and they certainly don't speak for the majority of the people of Ireland. They are undemocratic and unrepresentative.

It is curious that when USC came in and all the other charges on work these people were silent. But because so many of the more thuggish elements don't work water charges actually hits them for once.

I think a party that went out of it's way to support working tax payers in this country would do really well. We don't seem to have any such parties right now.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Yizzer just pulling tripe out of yer arses at this point. All bang, no bark.

Have you nothing, whatsoever, to contribute, except pointless nonsense.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Who's ever cared about what that cünt said.

:pac:

She's utterly meaningless.[/

Not enough roll eyes on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The water charge protesters have always represented a small minority of opinion. They can talk all they like about 100,000 people in a protest (most of which will now want nothing to do with the behaviour in recent times) but there are 4.6 million people in this country and this is a democracy.

Who do these people think they are acting like they speak for me when they call for the government to go? They don't speak for me and they certainly don't speak for the majority of the people of Ireland. They are undemocratic and unrepresentative.

It is curious that when USC came in and all the other charges on work these people were silent. But because so many of the more thuggish elements don't work water charges actually hits them for once.

I think a party that went out of it's way to support working tax payers in this country would do really well. We don't seem to have any such parties right now.

You're assuming all protesters are unemployed, you are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

You're assuming all protesters are unemployed, you are wrong.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Nothing in the quoted post intimated that all protesters are unemployed.

Valetta wrote: »
    Who's ever cared about what that cünt said.

:pac:

She's utterly meaningless.[/

Not enough roll eyes on the internet.

But, seriously, who cares what she says?

She's totally irrelevant. She was never much cop as a politician and is even less worth an ear today.

She's nothing...like the PD's. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

You speak of democracy, but all you want is a dictatorship with no right to protest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Hate to burst the Fine Gailers bubble but i didnt protest today because i booked the 10th off work.

I live in a tiny town of 5000 people and i know of 5 buses booked and ready for dublin,I know a few who have taking the 10th off work also,Can you even comprehend that...Non politically aligned people taken time off work (if like me out of their xmas holiday days) to travel 50k to a freezing cold dublin on a wednesday.

The numbers will be massive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Hate to burst the Fine Gailers bubble but i didnt protest today because i booked the 10th off work.

I live in a tiny town of 5000 people and i know of 5 buses booked and ready for dublin,I know a few who have taking the 10th off work also,Can you even comprehend that...Non politically aligned people taken time off work (if like me out of their xmas holiday days) to travel 50k to a freezing cold dublin on a wednesday.

The numbers will be massive.

There must be a huge "sinister element " and a lot of " unemployed thugs" in your town :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

You didn't read it then.

You also didn't answer my question

Should we also charge a flat rate for electricity and gas and incorporate it into general taxes ?

No but neither of those 2 are needed for life water is so it shouldn't be treated as a commodity to be bought and sold

Shin

hju6 wrote: »
    There must be a huge "sinister element " and a lot of " unemployed thugs" in your town :pac::pac:

Yes we carry out beheadings every friday,Just before the call to prayer,But sure...tis all in good fun. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Surprising how much Stockholm Sydrome and colonial obedience we have in this country. I blame the Roman church :)

You speak of democracy, but all you want is a dictatorship with no right to protest.

Says 100,000 people do not represent nation, accused of supporting authoritarianism. :rolleyes:

The new left in this country will never come to anything if they continue to engage in this type of meaningless, fruitless hysteria.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Surprising how much Stockholm Sydrome and colonial obedience we have in this country. I blame the Roman church :)

Jaysus. Yes, I suppose the Brits were inevitably to be dragged into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Your comments mirror,the thugs,who like Stalin,believed that human misery,is a choice.

Kenny's drop dead insanity,is ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Jaysus. Yes, I suppose the Brits were inevitably to be dragged into this.
    I am trying to set you free oh prisoner to the status quo. Take the blue pill...

(By the way, Stockholm is in Sweden and Rome is in italy)

Your comments mirror,the thugs,who like Stalin,believed that human misery,is a choice.

You accuse Inda of being mentally lacking, yet your manner of writing would make Jack Torrance proud.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I am trying to set you free oh prisoner to the status quo. Take the blue pill...

Dont bother he seems like the type that would of been first in line to throw tomatoes at the risers!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

shinzon wrote: »

2) do you honestly believe that people in this country leave taps showers baths and hoses on 24/7 if you do then that's a very skewed vision of life in Ireland and totally wrong

Of course they don't leave "taps, showers, baths and hoses on 24/7"

But if people have no incentive to conserve, the majority won't.

If they can waste water without any consequences, most people won't bother conserving water

That's human nature

Sure what the heck, it's falling from the sky, it's not costing me anything..

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Dont bother he seems like the type that would of been first in line to throw tomatoes at the risers!

Again with comparing yourselves to Rising participants. You realise that from Easter 1916 came Enda and the boyos.

I have a box of projectiles here at home in case protests come to my estate, all in the name of peaceful protest, of course.

Of course they don't leave "taps, showers, baths and hoses on 24/7"

But if people have no incentive to conserve, the majority won't.

If they can waste water without any consequences, most people won't bother conserving water

That's human nature

Sure what the heck, it's falling from the sky, it's not costing me anything..

And the conservation argument again which is completely meaningless now theres a flat charge so the argument is moot and nonsense at this stage

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

No but neither of those 2 are needed for life water is so it shouldn't be treated as a commodity to be bought and sold

Shin

When is the protest against Ballygowan so?

It's not about the right to protest, it's about the methods used. Leaving the violence aside, the campaign to harass ministers everywhere they go is pretty undemocratic. Democracy is about voting for someone to represent you. It is not about intimidating those you dislike. Protesting is about making your voice heard, it's not about drowning out the voice of others.

Ballygowan isn't charging 260 euro a year for water (less a 100 euro rebate which you have to wait till next year to get) and god knows what when the cap is lifted

Shin

It's not about the right to protest, it's about the methods used. Leaving the violence aside, the campaign to harass ministers everywhere they go is pretty undemocratic. Democracy is about voting for someone to represent you. It is not about intimidating those you dislike. Protesting is about making your voice heard, it's not about drowning out the voice of others.

Worthless,pointless.

No perspective

No alternitaves.

Next.?

Ballygowan isn't charging 260 euro a year for water (less a 100 euro rebate which you have to wait till next year to get) and god knows what when the cap is lifted

Shin

They are charging based on usage, and we don't already pay for Ballygowan in our taxes though...:D So what's the difference.

Worthless,pointless.

No perspective

No alternitaves.

Next.?

It's this type of shíte that comprehensively undermines any prospect of this becoming a popular, meaningful movement.

• Advertisement

Again with comparing yourselves to Rising participants. You realise that from Easter 1916 came Enda and the boyos.

I have a box of projectiles here at home in case protests come to my estate, all in the name of peaceful protest, of course.

Im impressed i didnt think you would even be aware of who the risers were,The lack of knowledge you have shown regarding irish matters thus far has astounded me good chap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement