Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

There's nothing stopping you jumping in front of a bus. Doesn't mean we should stop all buses in case you do. No party has shown any desire to sell off Irish Water. It would not benefit them to do so in any way.
    Ah, but I'm not a fool. Unlike you with your blind posting without researching facts from around the world, but go ahead with you're ridiculous put downs of posters on here...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

There is absolutely zero evidence to support and speculation that Irish Water is to be privatised. Not one single bit. The only party that has even indicated any desire to do so is Sf and they rowed back on that fairly fast. The last time it was done was Eircom and that was such a disaster it's not even an appealing prospect. Even the M50 was brought back out of privatisation.

Water as a resource would make the M50 look like chicken feed. Comparing them is quite ridiculous. Glad you believe our TDs. I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The "violence" and the "riot" are fact now. Despite there being no violence or riots, these words are trotted out routinely now by the pro-charges side.

No matter what points the pro IW side come out with, it's the pathetic, miserable, clinging onto ridiculous nonsense that destroys any credibility they think they have.

It's just weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

donvito99 wrote: »
    Says 100,000 people do not represent nation, accused of supporting authoritarianism. :rolleyes:

The new left in this country will never come to anything if they continue to engage in this type of meaningless, fruitless hysteria.

be it 1 or 1,000000 the right to protest remains,

Just because it doesn't suit your far right dictatorship :rolleyes:

What is the " new left " you speak of ? Do you even know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Valetta wrote: »
    In order to have a surplus of funds, we would need to have zero debt, or funds on deposit exceeding our debt.

Our debt at the moment is roughly €200 million, of which a small amount is related to the bank bailouts.

Our public debt is 200 billion approx gross.

The costs of the banking crisis were 64bn.

Therefore, the banking crisis contributed 32% of our gross public debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

In your opinion only. There's nothing at all to support it yet you state it as fact.

You live in a world of fairies and pixies if you can't see what's going on.
    It's happening the world over, there's profit in water, big profit. We are becoming slaves to corporations, we are just a way to generate profit. You can listen to Leo Varadcar and Joan Burton and all their lies if you want, but if this comes in, you will look back years from now and despair that we blew the chance we had to stop this madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Gotta laugh at the spindo. Had a look at their website there for the craic and the headline on the main page is 'Hundreds take to the street to protest.....' Click the link and the headline is 'Thousands take to the street to protest.....' What a rag....

I saw that too haha...I've been on 3 marches now in Limerick. I thought today was the biggest and yet rte said there was 3000. There was double that easy.We are gonna hear allsorts of ****e in the coming weeks...Roll on the 10th December.

Tbh, I find it a sad state of affairs that so much of our media is controlled by so few, thus creating so many blind followers.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

falan wrote: »
    I saw that too haha...I've been on 3 marches now in Limerick. I thought today was the biggest and yet rte said there was 3000. There was double that easy.We are gonna hear allsorts of ****e in the coming weeks...Roll on the 10th December.

Who cares how many were on the march?

I do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

deco nate wrote: »
    Ah, but I'm not a fool. Unlike you with your blind posting without researching facts from around the world, but go ahead with you're ridiculous put downs of posters on here...
    Sobko wrote: »
    Water as a resource would make the M50 look like chicken feed. Comparing them is quite ridiculous. Glad you believe our TDs. I don't.
    You live in a world of fairies and pixies if you can't see what's going on.
    It's happening the world over, there's profit in water, big profit. We are becoming slaves to corporations, we are just a way to generate profit. You can listen to Leo Varadcar and Joan Burton and all their lies if you want, but if this comes in, you will look back years from now and despair that we blew the chance we had to stop this madness.

Still not one shred of proof posted. Nothing but paranoia and political capitalising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Still not one shred of proof posted. Nothing but paranoia and political capitalising.

Bit like you with your "riotous behaviour" accusations in Jobstown.

Not a protester charged yet, to the best of my knowledge.

you are posting in a thread for all things IW related? Maybe you don't care but trust me, you are in the minority. No Way, We Won't pay...This will go down in history. I might see myself on reeling in the years in 10 years time...The time irish water and the water tax were abolished:) Peace.

Not a protester charged yet, to the best of my knowledge.

Bit like you with your "riotous behaviour" accusations in Jobstown.

You beat me to it..

If I leave €100 out on the path tonight, it will be gone tomorrow. I can't prove it, I have no link either, reality is that people walk along the path and one of them will pick it up and pocket it. Just the same way that I don't have proof that Irish Water will be privatised, it's happening in every country in the world as profit is there to be made.
    You are arguing out of pure stubbornness about this point, Irish Water is only being set up so privatisation can happen. There is no other logical reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Well Bord Gais is the parent company and it is on the market. The refusal to have a referendum to ensure water will not be sold is also a red flag. Comparing this to any other government decision or money raising exercise is disingenuous. This is a resource which belongs to the people and should not under any circumstances be sold to a private company.

You have provided zero proof it won't be sold off.

The usc brings in 4.5 to 5 billion a year. The water infrastructure will take 1.2 billion to fix so as far as I'm concerned they can take it out of that. David Cameron had the right idea a few weeks ago when they billed the UK. Told them to sing for it. We have to tell the Eu where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The usc brings in 4.5 to 5 billion a year. The water infrastructure will take 1.2 billion to fix so as far as I'm concerned they can take it out of that. David Cameron had the right idea a few weeks ago when they billed the UK. Told them to sing for it. We have to tell the Eu where to go.

Yes it's easy to blame the supranational organisation in the same way that Cameron and the Daily Mail do, when we really should be looking a lot closer to home...

Are YOU ever gonna add anything worth while to the debate? Or are you just gonna contuine to post guff, just like a political candidate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

The usc brings in 4.5 to 5 billion a year. The water infrastructure will take 1.2 billion to fix so as far as I'm concerned they can take it out of that.

And if they did as you would suggest then what do they cut the the 1.2 billion from - the whole HSE drugs budget for Leinster and Munster maybe ? Or what ?

• Advertisement

Say no to Europe for once. We pay 42% of the European debt ffs We already pay for water as stated before. When running water was first invented, who paid for it to be set up and to run into people's homes? The people of course through taxes.

And if they did as you would suggest then what do they cut the the 1.2 billion from - the whole HSE drugs budget for Leinster and Munster maybe ? Or what ?

Nah just one of;

* Burn the bondholders

* Tax the rich

* Remove the legislature and install An tUsail Adams as dear leader of all Ireland

Removing 'cronyism' alone ought to save, what, 14 - 15 billion?

We pay 42% of the European debt ffs

Christ not again... :pac:
    We already pay for water as stated before. When running water was first invented, who paid for it to be set up and to run into people's homes? The people of course through taxes.

What about electricity? We built Ardnacrusha, and all the infrastructure? Where's electricity's slogan?

From our transformers to our kettles, our electricity will be free!

Stop paying the debt that isn't ours?

Seems crazy I know, but really why are my kids and I paying off the debts of fat rich assholes??? Please answer me that.

Well Bord Gais is the parent company and it is on the market. The refusal to have a referendum to ensure water will not be sold is also a red flag. Comparing this to any other government decision or money raising exercise is disingenuous. This is a resource which belongs to the people and should not under any circumstances be sold to a private company.

Eh, hello! Like, look in a mirror, man.

Christ not again... :pac:

What about electricity? We built Ardnacrusha, and all the infrastructure? Where's electricity's slogan?

From our transformers to our kettles, our electricity will be free!

Electricity in this country is generated using mainly natural gas and coal. There is some renewable content but its a small percentage. These hydro-carbons are imported from abroad and as such have a large financial cost. Water on the other hand falls from the f*cking sky all year long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Stop paying the debt that isn't ours?

Seems crazy I know, but really why are my kids and I paying off the debts of fat rich assholes??? Please answer me that.

It is in your best interest to do so. Counterintuitive. And unpalatable. But the case. (Oh, and a good portion of thay debt is actually yours too).

Nah just one of;

* Burn the bondholders

* Tax the rich

* Remove the legislature and install An tUsail Adams as dear leader of all Ireland

Removing 'cronyism' alone ought to save, what, 14 - 15 billion?
    Do you remember the
    Cervical cancer debate, the government said they would pay for all girls to have the vaccine, and it would cost something like 600-800 for each child! (for all girls in Ireland) Then it was dropped because we could not afford it... Cue ray D'Arcy giving it loads about it, and a lot of doctors joining In with him. And what happened?
    As far as I remember they got a deal for 150-200 per child!
    And that was manly just Dublin, goes to show how those in power will just blow money, how can a few doctors
    Get meds at a third of the price, and yet some people think the government are doing a good job on behalf of the Irish people. This is just one small example of waste by people that lead us that are out of touch with prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

If I leave €100 out on the path tonight, it will be gone tomorrow. I can't prove it, I have no link either, reality is that people walk along the path and one of them will pick it up and pocket it. Just the same way that I don't have proof that Irish Water will be privatised, it's happening in every country in the world as profit is there to be made.
    You are arguing out of pure stubbornness about this point, Irish Water is only being set up so privatisation can happen. There is no other logical reason for it.

There's plenty of reasons.

Only part of Bord Gáis is on the market. The rest, the gas network, is still a semi state body. Just like ESB networks and just like Irish Water. Of course, it is possible that the water supply market will be de-regulated in the distant future, but there is zero evidence to support that theory. I mean, the chance of FG being in power when it happens are slim so where is the incentive for them to set all this up?
    deco nate wrote: »
    Are YOU ever gonna add anything worth while to the debate? Or are you just gonna contuine to post guff, just like a political candidate...

That's a bit rich considering your general contribution. Look, I'm sorry I don't accept your completely groundless statements of "fact" or indulge in your circle jerk. You'll just have to get over it and try and post something that's not based solely on hysteria or blatant falsehood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What's the best flavoured water I can buy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement