Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

falan wrote: »
    Dunno if this was posted. Its about the water war in Bolivia that led to the entire political order being overthrown. Interesting.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/water-war-in-bolivia-led-eventually-to-overthrow-of-entire-political-order-1.2004444

Going by that article, it would seem all they managed to do was take control of water away from a foreign civil engineering company, & hand it to foreign mining companies. As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions ...
    Eager though for more taxes from mineral exports, it has also allowed the booming mining sector to use – for free – huge quantities of water needed for its operations.
    This has placed mines, many foreign-owned, in direct competition for water resources with local communities at a time when climate change is provoking drought conditions across large parts of the country.
    Critics say 14 years on from the water war, the MAS has again allowed multinationals to grab control of much of the country’s water resources, only now via the mining sector. “We are going backwards,” argues the centre’s Ávila Montaño. “Under the MAS, multinationals can now come back to Bolivia and exploit water with much more security than during the aftermath of the water war.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

UCDVet wrote: »
    Two e-mails and a phone call and IW can't tell me if I'm a customer. They want me to tell them if my apartment is connected to the main lines and where the waste water goes. I dunno how I'm meant to know this?

Very frustrating that they don't know/won't tell me, if they've installed a meter for my apartment, my building or what. I did try to contact my landlord (but I deal with a property manager, who gave me the run around and basically said the landlord doesn't know?).

You're berating them for not knowing all the while you don't seem to have much of a clue of your surroundings yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You're berating them for not knowing all the while you don't seem to have much of a clue of your surroundings yourself?

He is a tenant.

Next post will be

"We already paid"

or

"Kill Irish Water"

or

"Progressive Tax"

:rolleyes:

And then

Shin.

Whatever is being currently paid is not enough, therefore, any additional monies will now be collected from those actually connected to Public Water, as opposed the the existing system where everybody's taxes are used to pay, regardless of whether people are connected or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Chucken wrote: »

Privatisation is what it needs and what will happen. But the government having to play a very cagey game here with the protest groupies. Privatisation is a necessary step, but as I have said before, a lot people cant handle this fact and get excited about it.
    The price will ramp up. To a its real required level. In the ballpark of €600/an. It will then be privatised. The deal will involve a lot of redundancies, which will be good news, streamlining the service to be efficient. And this will keep prices from rising much beyond that. Everyone's a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Privatisation is what it needs and what will happen. But the government having to play a very cagey game here with the protest groupies. Privatisation is a necessary step, but as I have said before, a lot people cant handle this fact and get excited about it.
    The price will ramp up. To a its real required level. In the ballpark of €600/an. It will then be privatised. The deal will involve a lot of redundancies, which will be good news, streamlining the service to be efficient. And this will keep prices from rising much beyond that. Everyone's a winner.

Why is it necessary? So a private company buys IW for penny's on the pound. can make insane profits?!
    And still have a poor water supply, did you read about the UK water suppliers in the UK that made 2 billion and only paid 73 million in tax?
    And you really think that's the way to go?!
    "everyone's a winner "
    Crazy talk!!

Edit: or are you taking the pee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Privatisation is what it needs and what will happen. But the government having to play a very cagey game here with the protest groupies. Privatisation is a necessary step, but as I have said before, a lot people cant handle this fact and get excited about it. The price will ramp up. To a its real required level. In the ballpark of €600/an. It will then be privatised. The deal will involve a lot of redundancies, which will be good news, streamlining the service to be efficient. And this will keep prices from rising much beyond that. Everyone's a winner.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

:eek:

Wow, the sheer, pigheaded, stupidity of this post is too staggering to believe. The appalling abandonment of critical rationality in favour of pure fantasy says a lot though.

You know, I'm really beginning to think that the pro IW crowd are coming on here in between ****, because they genuinely have nothing better to do.

How anyone could think that above is a good solution is simply remarkable.

The Pro IW circle jerk offers nothing but ridiculous non-points, farcical commentary and in some cases just plain old trolling (Barely There, here's looking at you).

It's just silly buggers at this stage.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Dear god I mean sweet mother of God what are you on do you think money grows on trees do you honestly think people have 600 euro to spend just like that. This post right here is why Irish water must be defeated at all costs I cannot stress the sheer stupidity of this post enough

I thought Id seen it all but obviously not

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Privatisation is what it needs and what will happen.

Idiocy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Plenty of time for this to happen. Probably in about 5 years when the country has gotten used to paying for water and the protestors have moved onto another Cause du Jour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Plenty of time for this to happen. Probably in about 5 years when the country has gotten used to paying for water and the protestors have moved onto another Cause du Jour.

Never go into business ye two, you need to be an sensible adult for a start.

Shin

Whatever is being currently paid is not enough, therefore, any additional monies will now be collected from those actually connected to Public Water, as opposed the the existing system where everybody's taxes are used to pay, regardless of whether people are connected or not!

Except for those who have already stated categorically they wont pay irish water a thing which renders your post meaningless, and under the alternatives mentioned pages ago by me and tony Eh more then enough money would be raised to fix in infrastructure without the need for Irish water at all

And queue al the question about how etc etc etc and me saying no cause ive already explained it a thousand times YADA YADA BLAH BLAH BLAH round and round we go

Shin

And even more wastage

Irish Water spends more than 5 million euro on 3 law firms

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/irish-water-spends-more-than-81-000-a-week-in-legal-fees-1.2020797

And queue the vigorous defence of that spend, certainly adding upto a lot of spending and **** all saving, remind me again when is this Toxic quango meant to start saving us all money, come on pro side tell me

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    Except for those who have already stated categorically they wont pay irish water a thing

You will pay. The only question is how much extra penalty and late payment charges will get added to your bill.

I like people like you - you subsidise the rest of us who pay our bills on time.

Lol some climbdown from all the Irish Water will never be privatised posts from all the threads and posts by other users put together

Thanks for confirming what the anti side knew all along the ultimate end game for this Toxic quango, whether tongue in cheek or completely serious at least you admitted it and aren't blinded by all the lies told about strengthening legislation etc etc

Which is why this company needs to die and be consigned to history before that very thing happens

Shin

You will pay. The only question is how much extra penalty and late payment charges will get added to your bill.

I like people like you - you subsidise the rest of us who pay our bills on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :D:D:D

What a langer :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

And the meltdown begins :D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:;)

Red Pepper wrote: »
    And the meltdown begins :D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:;)

Obsessed much?

Seriously, you need to get yourself a new teenage crush victim - I'm not interested in you.
    Barely is back!! Fantastic!! :D

Someone is cracking up...

Now now Barely, take it easy on the language. Remember themauling you got before.

PS. You know I am right.

Pot and kettle...but good to have you back!

Come on now Frano, even you barelycant take anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

And even more wastage

Irish Water spends more than 5 million euro on 3 law firms

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/irish-water-spends-more-than-81-000-a-week-in-legal-fees-1.2020797

And queue the vigorous defence of that spend, certainly adding upto a lot of spending and **** all saving, remind me again when is this Toxic quango meant to start saving us all money, come on pro side tell me

Shin

Were you this concerned with the waste of public money going in pay rises to nurses, teachers and gards during the boom with no reform and no improvement in services for the public?

Lol some climbdown from all the Irish Water will never be privatised posts from all the threads and posts by other users put together

Thanks for confirming what the anti side knew all along the ultimate end game for this Toxic quango, whether tongue in cheek or completely serious at least you admitted it and aren't blinded by all the lies told about strengthening legislation etc etc

Which is why this company needs to die and be consigned to history before that very thing happens

Shin

If only to deal with the likes of you, privatisation of water utility would be a good thing.

As regards your debating skills? You need to improve.
    You fail to debate any issue properly, resorting to failed rhetoric and poor arguments (all typical of those swallowing the Shinners propaganda).

Those people currently availing of free water need to man up and pay their fair share. Are you a man or a sponger?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Pathetic.

:pac:

If only to deal with the likes of you, privatisation of water utility would be a good thing.

As regards your debating skills? You need to improve.
    You fail to debate any issue properly, resorting to failed rhetoric and poor arguments (all typical of those swallowing the Shinners propaganda).

Those people currently availing of free water need to man up and pay their fair share. Are you a man or a sponger?

I love it when people have literally nothing else to say and resort to this to make a point, and just as an aside nobody has paid a penny to Irish Water yet so I guess were all spongers, but then again theres that pesky general taxation that we all pay for water, oh the dilemma must kill you when you have no argument against that

Please continue keeps me amused of a Monday morning

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Were you this concerned with the waste of public money going in pay rises to nurses, teachers and gards during the boom with no reform and no improvement in services for the public?

Compared to the salary of corrupt bondholders, bankers,politicians and
    Tierney's of this world...

It pales into insignificance.

Nurses and teachers provide a substantial service to the community in return.

gladrags wrote: »
    Compared to the salary of corrupt bondholders,bankers,politicians
    and the Tierney's of this world...

Please name one corrupt bond-holder?

gladrags wrote: »
    Compared to the salary of corrupt bondholders,bankers,politicians
    and the Tierney's of this world...

Wow!

You used banker, bondholder and politician in the one sentence. That's a hat-trick in the holy trinity of placard sloganeering.

Your prize is multiple thanks from your usual suspect coterie of hard-left numpties.

Well done.

• Advertisement

I love it when people have literally nothing else to say and resort to this to make a point,.......

I've made a simple point, you need to man up and pay your fair share for using Public water supply.

......... and just as an aside nobody has paid a penny to Irish Water yet so I guess were [sic] all spongers,.........

Incorrect. Only those connected to Public water supplies are spongers. The rest of the people are paying for water.
    I........ then again theres [sic]that pesky general taxation that we all pay for water,..............

It's an unfair way of paying for the supply. Everyone should pay their fair share, at the moment that is not the case. For the increased funding required, those connected to Public water must pay more, those not connected should not be expected to pay anything.
    Please continue keeps me amused of a Monday morning

That does not make sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement