Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

BoatMad wrote: »
    You already posted this at 15:36. I think we got your view- thanks

I wanted to reiterate the point. :D
    Don't be scared of me, I want your vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

would you perfer, to get all your news from the Mirror, or perhaps the the dail doorman, should respond to such matters.

If all you do is look under rocks, all you'll find is worms.

no I prefer to look you know question everything I find that way I get past all the bull that's been drip fed and get someway towards the truth

Shin

Irish Water is being ordered by the Government to dramatically cut costs and reduce the number of staff transferred over from local authorities.
    The new board of Irish Water's parent company Ervia will be told to come up with a plan to reduce costs by 85m a year by 2020. 'There will no political constraints on whatever cost reduction plan the Ervia board come up with, as long as it delivers on the job of fixing the network. If a voluntary redundancy scheme is needed for excess local authority workers, then the Government is willing to fund it' a Government source said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Red Pepper wrote: »

thats not for sale, but I do have this 2nd hand bridge........

• Advertisement

shinzon wrote: »
    no I prefer to look you know question everything I find that way I get past all the bull that's been drip fed and get someway towards the truth

Shin

Again, if you merely ignore one set of bull all you do is hear another set, the reality is there are nuggets of reason on both sides.

Yes, we have a long history of poets leading us down useless paths....:D

Ah well seems ive been infracted even though I warned a certain someone that everytime he posted complete rubbish I would post the troll video

A change is as good as a rest I guess

see you peeps soon

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

gladrags wrote: »
    One of the hallmarks of a civilized society is a basic living standard...

A house over your head., it goes back to the earliest recorded Sumerian society.

There was,and is, no excuse, thousands of houses are lying vacant.

Politicians and State run bodies, directly caused this timebomb.

No one was regulating, or setting simple basic priorities, on behalf of the electorate.

Reach.ie are now reporting that an increasing amount of tenants in the private sector, are fearing homelessness, as a result of the non existance, of affordable accommodation.

Like FF before them, FG and labour have looked on, while prices have left so many homeless, and in despair.

As with Irish Water, the horse has bolted.

How would you like to live in emergency accommodation?

AS I have said, it is a civilized right, to a home.

Not property btw, a home.

And they are letting the housing crisis get worse. Banks are repossessing as homes are falling back into positive equity and people are being put on the streets at alarming rates. Expect homelessness and housing to get far worse before it gets better. I got put out of my apartment at the weekend as the bank are taking it from the landlord. Sad state of affairs. For a country our size housing should be manageable but apparently not.

with the greatest respect and I also have two children aboard, what emigrants say is of little consequence. ( They are leaving). The number on the live registers are not down as a result of emigration, they are as a result of net job creation. Why do you look for doom and gloom everywhere.

Equally I had one child return home 3 weeks ago and got a job in 3 days and an apartment place in centre Dublin. !!! Like everything, its not quite as you read about it !.

The issue of "can pay, but wont pay" is in my view a very small group. Once the general issue of the amounts has been sorted, most of the dissension goes away.

The same thing happens with the LPT. Initially there were also sorts of fears about is costing " 1000s etc"), for many people, its not a huge bill

"I hope opposing this final nail in the coffin might speak of the frustration and desperation of a lot of us in this country."

Funny, rising property, increased car buying, consumer spending, would suggest that there's somewhat" less frustration and desperation" about.

I'm not sure why you say I look for doom and gloom everywhere???? For me and the people i work with the property tax and other bills and levies does feel like a huge bill.

Even though I earn just over 200euro a week I pay my property tax and I signed up for IW and sent my PPS. Dont tar me with the "cant pay wont pay" brush. Maybe I am disillusioned - its hard to survive on so little and its hard to see your only 2 kids leave the country. My 3rd child died. Maybe its all or some of the above.
    Both my remainiing kids have good degrees - and maybe I'd like to have seen at least one of them being able to live here in Ireland, especially after losing a child.

I wish I could say I partake in increased consumer spending, new cars, holidays - but I dont. I'm just back from visiting my sister in Donegal and you can be sure there is nobody at all in Donegal that seems to be feeling the effect of this growth.

Perhaps this growth is mostly being felt in Dublin? In the area I work in (mostly with people on SW and with homelessness) I myself and the people I work with are just about keeping our heads above water. Sorry if thats all doom and gloom to you. Its reality to me. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I'm not sure why you say I look for doom and gloom everywhere???? For me and the people i work with the property tax and other bills and levies does feel like a huge bill.

Even though I earn just over 200euro a week I pay my property tax and I signed up for IW and sent my PPS. Dont tar me with the "cant pay wont pay" brush. Maybe I am disillusioned - its hard to survive on so little and its hard to see your only 2 kids leave the country. My 3rd child died. Maybe its all or some of the above.
    Both my remainiing kids have good degrees - and maybe I'd like to have seen at least one of them being able to live here in Ireland, especially after losing a child.

I wish I could say I partake in increased consumer spending, new cars, holidays - but I dont. I'm just back from visiting my sister in Donegal and you can be sure there is nobody at all in Donegal that seems to be feeling the effect of this growth.

Perhaps this growth is mostly being felt in Dublin? In the area I work in (mostly with people on SW and with homelessness) I myself and the people I work with are just about keeping our heads above water. Sorry if thats all doom and gloom to you. Its reality to me. :rolleyes:

From talking to people at work and friends in various fields I simply do not believe some of these growth figures. The average joe isn't seeing the change. Possibly the numbers are skewed to promote the story that austerity works to our European counterparts and we are certainly being hailed as the poster child of austerity. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Hang on ... you post a link to a facebook page that has a picture of a snipped article from the Mirror.

And I have to prove you wrong ? :pac::pac::pac:

That's how he works. You are wasting your time trying to get reasonable discussion out of him or Red Pepper. He'll post completely unsubstantiated claims and then demand you prove a negative to counter them.

It's called spam. You have a habit of reposting your posts when they don;t get enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

It's called spam. You have a habit of reposting your posts when they don;t get enough attention.

Noticed this. Thought it was a problem on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

While your heart is in a good place, these are extremely naive comments. The "time bomb" you mentioned is a very complex interaction of issues, and cannot be explained by blaming "Politicans and State run Bodies"

Complex?

Who exactly has made it complex?

The Estate Agent's,the banks,the political system?

A combination of one or more,or all these factors?

Tens of thousand's of houses were planned for in advance,in the 1930's and 1940's,and subsequently built.

They were built to last,and will outlive most of the complex dogboxes,thrown together for no other complex reason,than greed.

There is no valid reason whatsoever,why successive governments have not given priority,to resolving this issue,other than the feel they are not accountable to do so.
    And that the property market,controlled and run by parasites,have the call on who should,and should not,have a house over their head.

It is not their place.They f***** us once,and they will do it again,and again.

The control needs to be taken away from these greedy b*******,and placed firmly at gov level.

That is not complex or naive.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Noticed this. Thought it was a problem on my end.

You lightweights know my posts are spot on and are afraid to engage :)

Vote RPPP #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

You lightweights know my posts are spot on and are afraid to engage :)

Vote RPPP #1

Careful now Red, you forgot a couple of full stops there. ;)

He'll post completely unsubstantiated claims and then demand you prove a negative to counter them.

You have proof there unsubstantiated some insider information, can a newspaper with something this volatile not have hard evidence of this sort of thing especially with tds and ministers involved before going to press in this day and age after the phone tapping scandals in the uk etc etc, papers or anyone have to be careful in what they post or write red tops and all.

They have a Fianna Fail td saying that in that article do you think its some Joe Soap they found down a back alley.

Its not unreasonable to call someone to task on something and ask to produce anything that refutes the article, but because there is none except that's its the mirror you say its unsubstantiated and say that's how I work

Incredible to be honest, just so im clear if someone said to you that something you said was a lie or completely false you wouldn't ask him to prove it youd just stand there and say jaysus you know your right ill leave it so, I don't think you would and im doing nothing different in this case.

Shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

What grants for private wells?

http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/WaterServices/WellGrants/

Well Grants

What is a Well Grant?

A Well Grant is a grant to bore a new well, upgrade existing well or install an treatment system.
    Am I Eligible for a Well Grant?

You are eligible for a Well Grant if:
    House is over 7 years old,
    You haven’t received a grant to house within last 7 years and
    You're not connected on a public water supply.

The grant is a maximum of €2031.58 or 75% of overall cost of works, whichever is the lesser.
    An initial inspection has to be carried our prior to any works been done.
    What is the Well Grant Scheme For?

The Well Grant Scheme is to assist households, dependent on private individual water supplies, who are incurring capital expenditure to:
    Provide a piped supply of water for domestic purposes, or
    Remedy serious deficiencies in an existing supply of water for domestic purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

in a word yes you obviously dont believe the article in question cause its in a red top, so unless your prepared to back up that up with links showing me there not exempt that all I can surmise is your trolling.

Again if there isn't truth in it they can face liable law suits which can be very expensive

Shin
    yeah I stopped reading at that

Shin

http://www.thejournal.ie/state-board-appointments-1801611-Nov2014/

Maybe research things yourself, rather than just blindly believing what some keyboard warrior puts on facebook to get likes and reactions.

In other news ... this is truely shocking .. Irish Mirror cracks open the lid:

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/man-drinks-ten-cans-coke-4726217

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Thanks for confirming what the anti side knew all along the ultimate end game for this Toxic quango, whether tongue in cheek or completely serious at least you admitted it and aren't blinded by all the lies told about strengthening legislation etc etc

Thanks for considering me an authority on the topic.

On the lies, fudging, question dodging, etc: I have great sympathy for the government, and for IW and the position they are.
    It is very difficult to do what is in the best interest of a misguided cabal when all they get are criticism and abuse. But they are to be greatly commended for sticking to their task despite the baying crowd. That is great leadership. That is great government.
    If it means a little obfuscation to jolly along the crowd, then its a small price to pay for the greater good in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

That grant is useless, houses over 7 years old are only eligible.

Who exactly would wait 7 years without a water supply to be eligible for a grant.

It's actually quite generous, the grant can be applied for repeatedly each seven years, to replace, repair or upgrade components etc.

Theres loads of grants and subsidies available, for wells, group water schemes:
    http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/WaterServices/WaterServicesProgrammes/RuralWaterProgramme/

http://www.thejournal.ie/state-board-appointments-1801611-Nov2014/

Maybe research things yourself, rather than just blindly believing what some keyboard warrior puts on facebook to get likes and reactions.

In other news ... this is truely shocking .. Irish Mirror cracks open the lid:

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/man-drinks-ten-cans-coke-4726217

Again I cant stress this enough if there is absolutely no truth anywhere in that article then why is the Fianna fail td on record saying hes seeking clarification on the matter and I quote from the article

"Mr Fleming added: “He is asking NewEra to talk to the Public Appointments Service to see can it come up with a solution. It is extraordinary after all this to exclude those bodies from the guidelines.”

I get it its a red top tits and arse blah de blah but as I stated if they don't have hard facts they can get into a lot of trouble for publishing the article in the first place

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

You have proof there unsubstantiated some insider information, can a newspaper with something this volatile not have hard evidence of this sort of thing especially with tds and ministers involved before going to press in this day and age after the phone tapping scandals in the uk etc etc, papers or anyone have to be careful in what they post or write red tops and all.

They have a Fianna Fail td saying that in that article do you think its some Joe Soap they found down a back alley.

Its not unreasonable to call someone to task on something and ask to produce anything that refutes the article, but because there is none except that's its the mirror you say its unsubstantiated and say that's how I work

Incredible to be honest, just so im clear if someone said to you that something you said was a lie or completely false you wouldn't ask him to prove it youd just stand there and say jaysus you know your right ill leave it so, I don't think you would and im doing nothing different in this case.

Shin

It's interesting that you assume something is true because a newspaper wouldn't print it otherwise. Because I'm poretty sure you have shot down stuff that appeared int he Indo because DOB is a shareholder in it.

It's interesting that you assume something is true because a newspaper wouldn't print it otherwise. Because I'm poretty sure you have shot down stuff that appeared int he Indo because DOB is a shareholder in it.

And your point is ive linked articles from the indo as well and agreed with what was in it, pure deflection from what I was asking, queue the mad scurrying to find all the articles I linked that I didn't agree with I assume rather then deal with the point I made

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

That's how he works. You are wasting your time trying to get reasonable discussion out of him or Red Pepper. He'll post completely unsubstantiated claims and then demand you prove a negative to counter them.

On that, has Little CuChulainn ever come up work any protesters from estates or Jobstown being charged with any acts of 'violence' , 'criminal damage' or 'riotous behaviour' yet :confused:

Some lads should think before they post tbh. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Shin

I'm going out on a limb here, but does 'the truth' usually involve you not paying your taxes and charges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Pocoyo wrote: »

I blame the water protest crew.
    If people paid the real price for their water services, the government would have the resources to help avoid such tragic cases.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

I blame the water protest crew.
    If people paid the real price for their water services, the government would have the resources to help avoid such tragic cases.

....And i thought you were one of the better trolls. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement