Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Pocoyo wrote: »
    ....And i thought you were one of the better trolls. :(

Pathetic alright but revealing all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I'm going out on a limb here, but does 'the truth' usually involve you not paying your taxes and charges?

And has been said a thousand times before I am not paying the water Tax as im already paying for it through general taxation, nowhere does that translate into I pay nothing except in your warped view of things of course

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Pathetic alright but revealing all the same.

'Pathetic' is draping yourself in the misery of others, in a vain attempt to lend a protest about not paying your contribution to society, a fig leaf of credibility.

It's juvenile, misinformed and above all, deeply, deeply disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I blame the water protest crew.
    If people paid the real price for their water services, the government would have the resources to help avoid such tragic cases.

I would like to think that there is some unknown reason for the above comments.

And that you could be given the benifit of doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

'Pathetic' is draping yourself in the misery of others, in a vain attempt to lend a protest about not paying your contribution to society, a fig leaf of credibility.

It's juvenile, misinformed and above all, deeply, deeply disgusting.

Whistleblower thread that way >>>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tragic that the homeless man died, but to blame the government is incredible. No government has eradicated homelessness and no one knows the circumstances that have led him to be homeless.

Anyone dying is a tragedy, I wish people would stop trying to use the loss of a life as leverage to further whatever cause/agenda they have

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

yipeeeee wrote: »
    There is homeless people in every country in the world, are fg meant to have the answer to solve this global problem?

Yes. They are in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

I blame the water protest crew.
    If people paid the real price for their water services, the government would have the resources to help avoid such tragic cases.

Pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Tragic that the homeless man died, but to blame the government is incredible. No government has eradicated homelessness and no one knows the circumstances that have led him to be homeless.

Anyone dying is a tragedy, I wish people would stop trying to use the loss of a life as leverage to further whatever cause/agenda they have

Silly post you obviously havent read up on the current homeless problem and the reasons behind the huge jump in numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Sobko wrote: »
    Yes. They are in government.

Anyway it was on the news earlier they brought this man into a hostel but he left of his own accord.

Efforts were made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whitelight

sure joan is the minister for homelessness !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

shinzon wrote: »
    And your point is ive linked articles from the indo as well and agreed with what was in it, pure deflection from what I was asking, queue the mad scurrying to find all the articles I linked that I didn't agree with I assume rather then deal with the point I made

Shin

That sounds like a lot of fun but I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Silly post you obviously havent read up on the current homeless problem and the reasons behind the huge jump in numbers.

Silly post, posting in a thread about Irish Water that a man has tragically diedin order to score a point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The government increased homeless funding by 25% at the last budget.

Silly post, posting in a thread about Irish Water that a man has tragically diedin order to score a point

Idiocy.

We should all pretend that this government has the people at heart :rolleyes:

This issue is totally relevant to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Idiocy.

We should all pretend that this government has the people at heart :rolleyes:

This issue is totally relevant to this thread.

No it's not, he wasn't killed by water charges.

you've no shame

donvito99 wrote: »

you've no shame

Ah another highly intelligent post i see. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Hold on one second.

In response to the post about a homeless man dying, that idiot SaveOurLyric responded "I blame the water protest crew."

Who is scoring points here?

MOD: BANNED

donvito99 wrote: »

you've no shame

"The Winter 2014 figures are a 32 % increase on Spring 2014 (127) and nearly a 21% increase on Winter 2013 (139). Even more shocking is that in the last two years rough sleeping has risen by 93%, nearly double the count of Winter 2012 (87)''

800 children made homeless this year,Unrealistic rent allowance figures a jump in poverty and you want to ad a double bill for water....Disturbing,Have you no empathy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

That sounds like a lot of fun but I'll pass.

Still not dealing with the point I made that's grand I didn't think you would so if you would be so kind as to not make such sweeping statements about the way I work in future that would be good

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

shinzon wrote: »
    Still not dealing with the point I made that's grand I didn't think you would so if you would be so kind as to not make such sweeping statements about the way I work in future that would be good

Shin

Which point would you like to discuss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Hold on one second.

In response to the post about a homeless man dying, that idiot SaveOurLyric responded "I blame the water protest crew."

Who is scoring points here?

It still not about water charges though.

It's like me saying tourism was up last year, sure they're doing a great job.

Not relevant? Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Personal abuse won't be tolerated. If someone is trolling, report them! Don't respond with insults and then moan when you get banned for it, both are against the charter, it's not OK to do one because someone else did the other

Please stay on the topic of Water chargers and IW, if you want a general discussion on the government and politics please go to the Politics/ Politics Cafe forum, the numbers of homeless on the street, or some poor soul who passed away aren't the topic of the thread

Thanks

So lets get back to the future,and December 10th.

Judging by the increased water charge protests around the country,could the mass protest on Dec 10th,bring down the government.?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,070 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

gladrags wrote: »

Judging by the increased water charge protests around the country,could the mass protest on Dec 10th,bring down the government.?

I dont think it will directly. Its a case of death by a thousand cuts though. A very poor registration rate by the new new deadline of January will hasten it. Another yet unknown scandal or mishandling will hasten it further.

Kenny is in the sights of his own party, backbenchers in both parties are in cold sweats, Michael Noonan is enraged at the lack of bounce off his budget, due to his colleagues bungling.

Both the opposition and public know the Govt are on the ropes and neither they nor the unions will be inclined to take their foot of their throats anytime soon.

Ive been predicting a general election before Paddys Day 2015 and i see nothing in the progression of things to make me change my mind

What increased protests? The one scheduled for Saturday last was a damp squib. Only Clonmel and Limerick had any decent turnout. Dubliners were too busy shopping and dressing in santa gansais.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

By George, I hope not. I hope this country is still a sound enough democracy not to be ruled by the marching masses, and that parliament still governs.

Not that they should be curtailed from their right to protest. And similarly, the government should not be curtailed in their right to ignore the protest and get on with the business of government.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I dont think it will directly. Its a case of death by a thousand cuts though. A very poor registration rate by the new new deadline of January will hasten it. Another yet unknown scandal or mishandling will hasten it further.

Kenny is in the sights of his own party, backbenchers in both parties are in cold sweats, Michael Noonan is enraged at the lack of bounce off his budget, due to his colleagues bungling.

Both the opposition and public know the Govt are on the ropes and neither they nor the unions will be inclined to take their foot of their throats anytime soon.

Ive been predicting a general election before Paddys Day 2015 and i see nothing in the progression of things to make me change my mind

Agree that there are factors along with water charges,that may lead to a GE.

Now that the unions,teachers,are now on board,it could be a slippery slope for Kenny.

Labour are another unknown quantity,wobbly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Tragic that the homeless man died, but to blame the government is incredible

Somebody on here blamed Paul Murphy for an IW pack being sent back covered in pooh pooh. Paul Murphy was blamed by some on here and certain rag newspapers because someone threw a brick. Thats incredible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement