Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

So you won't be drawing down your state pension then?

After a lifetime of contributing to it I probably will.
    A nice little boost to my private one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I got zero grant, zero subsidy and pay my own way.

I also, this year, paid close on €2,000 annual motor tax for the cars in the family, cars that are needed because we do not get subsidised Public Transport.

I pay close on €120 per year to run my water softener, without any grant assistance. I reckon the water pump costs up to €200 per year to run and maintain.

I pay for sewage disposal, maintenance of the effluent treatment, all without grant or subsidy. This costs in the region of€300 per year, (conservative estimate).

And, despite all of this, I'm expected to continue to contribute to the cost of supplying water to those currently protesting.

As water charges won't;

Improve your water supply
    Reduce your own charges (bar the "rebate")
    Reduce your own tax liabilities,

All you seem to want is other people to pay a charge because you have to, is that it?

I see nothing in your post except begrudgery tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

omega666 wrote: »
    You can register up until the deadline of 2nd Feb 2015.

According to IW

People who don’t register will receive an automatic €260 bill and will not qualify for the €100 rebate.
    Late payment penalties of €30 for a single adult household and €60 for other households will be added to bills three months following a year of non-payment. Over four years of non-payment, penalties could accumulate to €1,640.
    If you refuse to pay, the charges will be attached to your home meaning water bills would remain outstanding if you tried to sell your home.

Thank you very much for this reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

As water charges won't;

All you seem to want is other people to pay a charge because you have to, is that it?

Hang on ...

They use that system here and only lose 6% compared to Irelands 40% in the Infrastructure, the pressure is excellent and there have been no boil notices.

Plus we can reduce our costs by using less water rather than just reducing and not seeing a direct benefit.

Hang on ...

They use that system here and only lose 6% compared to Irelands 40% in the Infrastructure, the pressure is excellent and there have been no boil notices.

Plus we can reduce our costs by using less water rather than just reducing and not seeing a direct benefit.

What system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Who in their right mind would want to get themselves involved with the Department of Social Welfare to claim back €100? You would end up spending more on stamps on postage or petrol visiting their offices. No better department to make it as difficult as possible to get your entitlements.

Sobko wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would want to get themselves involved with the Department of Social Welfare to claim back €100? You would end up spending more on stamps on postage or petrol visiting their offices. No better department to make it as difficult as possible to get your entitlements.

The €100 is nothing short of a bribe.
    They can stick that one up their collective arse, I wouldn't lower myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Especially now that the free allowance has been abolished. Only FG could move the chairs around on the Titanic and think people will buy their ticket.

What system?

The Dutch System, its what I would hope the Irish system would eventually evolve into:

http://www.vewin.nl/SiteCollectionDocuments/Publicaties/English%20_publications/Vewin_refelections_on_performance_2012.pdf

Sobko wrote: »
    Especially now that the free allowance has been abolished. Only FG could move the chairs around on the Titanic and think people will buy their ticket.

€1 billion to be spent on meters and nothing to be metered until the end of 2019 at the earliest, if at all.
    FG's e-voting machines....

• Advertisement

€1 billion to be spent on meters and nothing to be metered until the end of 2019 at the earliest, if at all.
    FG's e-voting machines....

That was because there was a certain group that caused so many problems they had to roll back on it.

The technology was sound, the implementation was terrible. They should have just set a m3 rate rather than all this allowance rubbish. It just confused the hell out of everyone and nobody knew what they were going to be paying.

That was because there was a certain group that caused so many problems they had to roll back on it.

Are you another one who's blaming the protesters for the governments screw up's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

The technology was sound, the implementation was terrible. They should have just set a m3 rate rather than all this allowance rubbish. It just confused the hell out of everyone and nobody knew what they were going to be paying.

Yep I agree. It could have been better if they picked the correct people to do it and not their overpaid and obviously clueless mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

It just confused the hell out of everyone and nobody knew what they were going to be paying.

Which is why we protested in the first place to get the rollback and eventual abolishment of the charges, because no matter how hopeful a certain cohort wants water metering to work in Ireland it will never work because the governments that are elected here are either corrupt or simply inept and because were a small island with only a few political parties they keep getting voted in because no one is willing to give other ideas or parties a chance so therefore we get the better the devil you know mentality

And so long as that's in place a properly structured metering system will never work in this country simply because our successive governments lack the intelligence to implement it properly and will use it to fleece the populace until even the pro side will go WTF

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

shinzon wrote: »
    because no matter how hopeful a certain cohort wants water metering to work in Ireland it will never work because the governments that are elected here are either corrupt or simply inept and because were a small island Shin

Ye, I'm done. I'm just glad now that you can't have your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,279 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I thought the protesters were against meters?

I'm really confused

Some are, some aren't.

However, they're are all certainly against meters in the current set up, where the cost is NOT just what YOU use, but also factored in are millionaires luxuries like private gyms, exorbitant pensions, criminal bonuses and outrageous salaries.

Not to mention the cost of actually installing them (millions unaccounted for too BTW, unsurprisingly) and where that money is going. Into the hands of another multi-millionaire, who got the gig from his buddy, Phil Hogan, over a company who offered to do the job for free!

No, fück that.

The Dutch System, its what I would hope the Irish system would eventually evolve into:

http://www.vewin.nl/SiteCollectionDocuments/Publicaties/English%20_publications/Vewin_refelections_on_performance_2012.pdf

That has absolutely zero relevance to my post that Breffnigolfer was only a begrudger tbh.

Except we won't, as has already been stated they've allowed themselves the room to increase the cost if their revenue steam isn't satisfactory enough.

The same shite keeps getting bandied around by the pro IW crowd and remains so easy to shoot down.

Dreamland.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Tony EH wrote: »
    Dreamland.

Nice to see the ambition of anti-IW.

• Advertisement

Another nothing post from you. Great.

Keep going and you'll soon be joining the other troll Barely There.

:pac:

Except we won't, as has already been stated they've allowed themselves the room to increase the cost if their revenue steam isn't satisfactory enough.

The same shite keeps getting bandied around by the pro IW crowd and remains so easy to shoot down.
    Dreamland.

But it works here.

Why try to re-invent the wheel when there is a template for a system that already works ?

Your attitude just seems to be negative on everything regardless of what is presented to you.

It feels like I could hand you a banana and you would tell me the banana was sh!te and it was going to kill you in the future :pac:

I don't CARE if "it works there".

Irish Water won't work here. It's a completely toxic entity, populated with people that have appalling, incompetent, track records and thousands of useless eaters, that needs to be shut down.

It's a company that is a blight on our island.

The wrong template will only produce the wrong product.

Get your head out of this dreamworld your in and look at it clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Scared Hitless 2

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I thought the protesters were against meters?

I'm really confused
    At this juncture I am only against a government that had the arrogance to create such a dysfunctional utility and expect me to pay for years of incompetence. The government has to go in order to send a message to all politicians that they serve the people not themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

At this juncture I am only against a government that had the arrogance to create such a dysfunctional utility and expect me to pay for years of incompetence. The government has to go in order to send a message to all politicians that they serve the people not themselves.

And replace them with what? They are the only crowd that are going to get the country out of this mess. Good progress has been made. A collapse of the government will set all that back. The shinners get in, with a bunch of independents (not that that will happen) I'm selling up everything I have and getting the hell out of dodge.

I don't CARE if "it works there".

Irish Water won't work here. It's a completely toxic entity, populated with people that have appalling, incompetent, track records and thousands of useless eaters, that needs to be shut down.

It's a company that is a blight on our island.

The wrong template will only produce the wrong product.

Get your head out of this dreamworld your in and look at it clearly.

I am looking at it clearly, your posts seem to be emotional and based on future events that may or may not happen, but in your head WILL happen.

Allowing emotions to influence your thoughts is closer to a nightmare than objectively looking at a system, comparing it to a working one and accepting there are problems that need to be addressed is to dreaming.

I am looking at it clearly, your posts seem to be emotional and based on future events that may or may not happen, but in your head WILL happen.

What the hell are you talking about?

They're based on things that have happened already. I'm not putting a single cent into the pockets of useless, incompetent, millionaires like John Tierney and Denis O'Brien. I have no desire to see an already proven disaster like Irish Water continue. I have no desire to see a company born out of cronyism survive any longer than it deserves. It's a monumental screw up, even in minds of Fine Gaelers and it won't get any better.
    Allowing emotions to influence your thoughts is closer to a nightmare than objectively looking at a system, comparing it to a working one and accepting there are problems that need to be addressed is to a dreaming.

Don't talk crap.

Your fantasy is not going work here. Irish Water has already shown it's colours. If anyboy is dreaming, it's you, who's merely hoping that something that been proven to be awful will somehow turn out ok in the end.

Why am I even talking to you anyway. You're not even living here half the feckin year.

What the hell are you talking about?

They're based on things that have happened already. I'm not putting a single cent into the pockets of useless, incompetent, millionaires like John Tierney and Denis O'Brien. I have no desire to see an already proven disaster like Irish Water continue. I have no desire to see a company born out of cronyism survive any longer than it deserves. It's a monumental screw up, even in minds of Fine Gaelers and it won't get any better.

Don't talk crap.

Your fantasy is not going work here. Irish Water has already shown it's colours. If anyboy is dreaming, it's you, who's merely hoping that something that been proven to be awful will somehow turn out ok in the end.

Why am I even talking to you anyway. You're not even living here half the feckin year.

That's a very unfortunate state of mind to have.

I really feel sorry for you.

Ha Ha.

Spare me your crocodile tears lad.

If you can't see the wood for the trees, you can't be helped.

Your opinion on IW is a mere fantasy and you ought to be ashamed for supporting it in the light of all that's come out about that wretched company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

As water charges won't;

No. Water supply should not be provided by the State free of charge. My taxes, and everyone's taxes should not be used for the provision of water. It is a valuable commodity and should be treated as such. Giving it away, unmetered, free of charge, is not viable and not sustainable.
    The solution is to meter it and charge for its consumption. It is manifestly unfair that one section of the population is benefiting from such generosity.

It is also abundantly clear that opponents of the water charges do not appreciate what they currently have. It is a certainty that people who get something for nothing (which IS the current situation) do not appreciate it. Paying for a commodity will soon make these people realise its value.

There are none so blind as those who do not want to see!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement