Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

So were are we now!

Irish Water is what it is.A monumental disaster.

If Irish Water,and all it stands for,is allowed to prevail in this country,we are f*****.

It is that simple.

More is less

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Apparenlty 50 times longer than it takes to remove one.

I looked it up, it's a duration of two hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

gladrags wrote: »
    So were are we now!

If Irish Water,and all it stands for,is allowed to prevail in this country,we are f*****.

It is that simple.

More is less
    A monumental disaster? They haven't even started operating yet. GIve them a chance.

branie2 wrote: »

The fact that you looked it up,says all.

Obsession.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    A monumental disaster? They haven't even started operating yet. GIve them a chance.

Money is scarce enough,without shovelling it into a bottomless pit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

gladrags wrote: »
    So were are we now!

It is that simple.

More is less

Lay off the booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

branie2 wrote: »

120 ÷ 50 = 2.4

Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Twickers

Understand that the water conservation grant of €100 will not be paid until SEPTEMBER 2015 as extra staff will have to be taken on to administer it.
    Extra staff mean more costs in the setting up of Irish Water. More civil servants.
    How difficult would it be for a Computer to add an extra line to the Quarterly Bill entitled e.g. "Less Conversation Rebate" & program a figure of €25 ??
    I suppose too simple a task - must keep on increasing costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Beaner1 wrote: »
    A monumental disaster? They haven't even started operating yet..

Nor will they :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Chucken wrote: »
    Nor will they :)

Who will ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Who will ?

The lads in McCormacks Irish bar, Turnhout. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Why, then, are you calling for the current Govt to be sacked? Without an alternative lined up your call is ridiculous.

Individual Part manifestos are not worth the paper they're written on because we will end up with a Coalition where manifestos will be torn up.

You still need to propose an alternative. Something with Mick Wallace? Clare Daly? Mary Lou? God help us if the likes of these have any say in our future. Do you honestly expect the likes of them attract necessary Foreign Direct Investment? Do you think we can bear the tax rises that would inevitably follow if the likes of them try to fund their wish-lists?
    Mary Lou is better than any of the **** thats in now. What's so great about the current government? In your own words?

falan wrote: »
    Mary Lou is better than any of the **** thats in now. What's so great about the current government? In your own words?

Falan, it's pointless trying to talk to people who use words like:

Something with Mick Wallace? Clare Daly? Mary Lou? God help us if the likes of these have any say in our future.

The likes of these? I ask you ;)

It's going to be very difficult for the protesters to keep up their efforts. The lack of a single cause won't help them either (some want free everything, some don't want meters, some are protesting about bond-holders, bankers, etc...)

They can install all they like. I dont have any beef with the installers. If they knock on the door for anything it wont be getting answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Tony EH wrote: »
    Especially when you had a crowd offering to do it for free.

:pac:

Who offered to do it for free?

Who offered to do it for free?

Siemens did. Obviously for a cut of the profits but 'our boys' decide to give it to their buddies.

Siemens did. Obviously for a cut of the profits but 'our boys' decide to give it to their buddies.

So not really "free" then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So not really "free" then.

It was all about the buddies :)

We know that now. We knew that then. I dont give a flying whatsit who tries to fit a meter at my house, they're not doing it. Simple. As. That.

deco nate wrote: »

I'm aware it's been reported as being the cheaper offer, I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that decision myself. Still doesn't mean they offered to do it for free though.

• Advertisement

It was all about the buddies :)

We know that now. We knew that then. I dont give a flying whatsit who tries to fit a meter at my house, they're not doing it. Simple. As. That.

Given they would be fitting them on public property you're not really in much of a position to stop them though to be fair.

Falan, it's pointless trying to talk to people who use words like:

Something with Mick Wallace? Clare Daly? Mary Lou? God help us if the likes of these have any say in our future.

The likes of these? I ask you ;)

It's either Enda kenny or Denis O Brien posting, i swear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I'm aware it's been reported as being the cheaper offer, I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that decision myself. Still doesn't mean they offered to do it for free though.
    They didn't offer it for free, however that our government
    Made their minds up that we would be better off declining the offer.
    And awarding the contract to Mr. O Brien, and feck a saving for the taxpayers.. Cos you know.. We can afford to pay it! And let's be honest here.

You have to take care of your mates.... Eh?

Given they would be fitting them on public property you're not really in much of a position to stop them though to be fair.

Oh? Since when is my house public property?

Oh? Since when is my house public property?

I hadn't heard of them installing meters in peoples houses before.

I hadn't heard of them installing meters in peoples houses before.

You think no one has a garden? With the stopcock in it??

You think no one has a garden? With the stopcock in it??

I'm sure they do, you specifically said your house though. If it's on your property then good for you.

I'm sure they do, you specifically said your house though. If it's on your property then good for you.

:confused: Weird!

People can stop these meters being installed anywhere they like..Any estate. Any Road. Anywhere!

:confused: Weird!

People can stop these meters being installed anywhere they like..Any estate. Any Road. Anywhere!

Not if they're on a public pathway they can't, which is the case in the majority of housing estates throughout the country. Or any public property in general.

• Advertisement

Not if they're on a public pathway they can't, which is the majority of cases in housing estates throughout the country.

LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement