Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 C_P19

youtube.com/watch?v=OfEOLXR1gcA&sns=em

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

shinzon wrote: »
    in all honesty it shouldn't matter what day of the week it is protests shouldn't be organised for the convenience of the protestors. I think the very fact that its organised on a Wednesday is to show people getting off work to support the cause, that the workers are actually coming out to scare the government.

People have children, are self employed, have commitments to family, employers that can't afford to lose a person in the run up to Christmas.

I would say that is a pretty out of touch remark, something the right2water members say about the Government on a regular basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    [/B]

Totally disagree ,
    If the numbers are small it lets/helps the Government swipe the issue to the side and blissfully continue on as normal ...
    If the numbers are huge it send a clear message that even this Government cannot spin or walk away from.
    They can ignore it and continue unabated till 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    MOD

Beaner1, don't post in this thread again

Please don't quote Beaner1 as he can't reply

Thanks

MOD

You were asked not to post here, now you can't post here.

C_P19 wrote: »

Fixed it for you ;)

That's about not privatising the Water Service.

The protest is about not paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Fixed it for you ;)

That's about not privatising the Water Service.

The protest started about not paying but has grown and grown to take in many different issues and views.

Fix that for you ;)

FixFixed that for you ;)

Not according to right2water, if you have a different opinion you should take it up with them.

http://www.right2water.ie/about
    All citizens need clean drinking water and quality sanitation. Right2Water.ie is a public campaign by activists, citizens, community groups, political parties/individuals and trade unionists who are calling for the Government to recognise and legislate for access to water as a human right. We are demanding the Government abolish the planned introduction of water charges.

Their mandate is pretty different from their European counterparts (which i support 100% by the way)

http://www.right2water.eu/node/37/view
    Our goals:

Guaranteed water and sanitation for all in Europe.
    No liberalisation of water services.
    Universal (Global) access to water and sanitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

People have children, are self employed, have commitments to family, employers that can't afford to lose a person in the run up to Christmas.

I would say that is a pretty out of touch remark, something the right2water members say about the Government on a regular basis.

Way to completely ignore what I said later in the post, again reading what you only want to read

"there will always be people that cant organise it and its fully understandable given there particular circumstances."

Shin

Not according to right2water, if you have a different opinion you should take it up with them.

http://www.right2water.ie/about

Their mandate is pretty different from their European counterparts (which i support 100% by the way)

http://www.right2water.eu/node/37/view

Why Would I need to take anything up with them ???
    Yes they are one of many groups and individuals involved and you can say one of the hosts/organisers for Wednesdays march ,But they don't represent everybody ,Yes I know it would help the pro siders and the Government if they could manage to put all the protesters in the one group but that just not going to happen.
    Again.... The Water protest has changed and grown and now represent many different views and opinions and has acted as a catalyst in bringing the people together.

Way to completely ignore what I said later in the post, again reading what you only want to read

"there will always be people that cant organise it and its fully understandable given there particular circumstances."

Shin

Sure .. I'll repost the whole thing then.

[QUOTE=shinzon;93319070]in all honesty it shouldn't matter what day of the week it is protests shouldn't be organised for the convenience of the protestors. I think the very fact that its organised on a Wednesday is to show people getting off work to support the cause, that the workers are actually coming out to scare the government.

Risky it maybe but theres been enough time to organise the day off or get extended lunch breaks or shift swaps at this stage so there should be no excuses not to get to Dublin, there will always be people that cant organise it and its fully understandable given there particular circumstances.

Sorry to be blunt about it but you either want to have IW gone and have had the time to get your time organised around the protest or you don't
    [/QUOTE]

Not organised for the protestors, assuming there's enough time to allow people to organise time off and then saying its fully understandable if they cannot go.

That doesn't seem very understanding to me

I have friends who I sometimes don't see for months or even years due to work and family commitments and I completely understand that.

• Advertisement

Why Would I need to take anything up with them ???
    Yes they are one of many groups and individuals involved and you can say one of the hosts/organisers for Wednesdays march ,But they don't represent everybody ,Yes I know it would help the pro siders and the Government if they could manage to put all the protesters in the one group but that just not going to happen.
    Again.... The Water protest has changed and grown and now represent many different views and opinions and has acted as a catalyst in bringing the people together.

Eh ... because they are organising the protest on the 10th

Why would you join a protest organised by a group with a mandate you do not support ?

Sure .. I'll repost the whole thing then.

Not organised for the protestors, assuming there's enough time to allow people to organise time off and then saying its fully understandable if they cannot go.

That doesn't seem very understanding to me

I have friends who I sometimes don't see for months or even years due to work and family commitments and I completely understand that.

Jesus you really are desperate at this stage, let me put it in as plain as language as possible next Wednesdays March was announced ages ago, since that time people who want to go should have been organising the time off for it, 4 weeks or more is plenty of time to get organised for it, this funnily enough is called time management. something every working person should be fully familiar with inside and outside of work.

Yes people cant make it for all the reasons you mentioned above but a bigger cohort have no excuse not to be there they've had the date for ages and should have planned for it accordingly.

Not being out of touch its simply managing your time as efficiently as possible

Right so keith Clancy twist that little lot as im sure youll do your damndest

Shin

Eh ... because they are organising the protest on the 10th

Why would you join a protest organised by a group with a mandate you do not support ?
    ok they are organising it
    But for me its more of a case of them acting as hosts and providing a time ,place and date to voice my views .
    Can you not understand this notion and not everybody can be put into just one group or another.
    Again Wednesday will be a rainbow of many different groups ,views and opinions .

Jesus you really are desperate at this stage, let me put it in as plain as language as possible next Wednesdays March was announced ages ago, since that time people who want to go should have been organising the time off for it, 4 weeks or more is plenty of time to get organised for it, this funnily enough is called time management. something every working person should be fully familiar with inside and outside of work.

Yes people cant make it for all the reasons you mentioned above but a bigger cohort have no excuse not to be there they've had the date for ages and should have planned for it accordingly.

Not being out of touch its simply managing your time as efficiently as possible

Right so keith Clancy twist that little lot as im sure youll do your damndest

Shin

If you are in Cork you need to take a whole day off work and get someone to look after the kids.

For two working parents with kids this it's a pain in the hole to travel all the way to Dublin on a Wednesday.

I'm saying they would probably get better numbers if they organised it on a day it wasn't necessary to re-arrange so many bloody things.

The People organising the protest should be thinking of the protestors, otherwise they are as bad as the opposition they protest against !

ok they are organising it
    But for me its more of a case of them acting as hosts and providing a time ,place and date to voice my views .
    Can you not understand this notion and not everybody can be put into just one group or another.
    Again Wednesday will be a rainbow of many different groups ,views and opinions .

Not really, I've been at protests.

People that show up with a different objective are distanced from the group if possible, otherwise it's seen as weakening your position since your goal is not clear anymore.

If you are in Cork you need to take a whole day off work and get someone to look after the kids.

For two working parents with kids this it's a pain in the hole to travel all the way to Dublin on a Wednesday.

I'm saying they would probably get better numbers if they organised it on a day it wasn't necessary to re-arrange so many bloody things.

The People organising the protest should be thinking of the protestors, otherwise they are as bad as the opposition they protest against !

And as I keep saying its not like they haven't had the date for ages its been known for a month or more, and if they cant organise something in that time frame then god help them in whatever there doing

Its one day out of peoples lives its not like there asking them to goto outer Mongolia to protest.

Dublin for the day shouldn't be beyond anyones capacity to organise for in my opinion and im fully aware people cant go for various reasons and I respect that but id also expect anyone that's fully capable of going to go

Shin

Not really, I've been at protests.

People that show up with a different objective are distanced from the group if possible, otherwise it's seen as weakening your position since your goal is not clear anymore.

Look not everybody will be there as a wear or carrying Right 2water banners or t-shirts ,I honestly think it will be quiet obvious straight away for the amount of different coloured banners and such that we are dealing with a protest that is encompassing all areas and walks of life and not just reflecting one group or organisation.

So for me, Right2Water just lost all credibility.

I was under the impression that they were an Irish arm of Right2Water Europe, which was strange because they don't appear to follow the same way of thinking.

I just received confirmation from Right2Water Europe that they are not affiliated in any way and just chose to use the same name.

Will be looking further into it as I'm not really sure if the European Organisation is fully aware how their name is being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

The protests lost all momentum when the lefty nutters got involved. Like always. All we need now is a good bit of rain and cold on the 10th and that will be the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The protests lost all momentum when the lefty nutters got involved. Like always. All we need now is a good bit of rain and cold on the 10th and that will be the end of that.

Would be a bit ironic if that happened.

"Water protest a complete washout!"

• Advertisement

I was under the impression that they were an Irish arm of Right2Water Europe, which was strange because they don't appear to follow the same way of thinking.

I just received confirmation from Right2Water Europe that they are not affiliated in any way and just chose to use the same name.

Will be looking further into it as I'm not really sure if the European Organisation is fully aware how their name is being used.

Makes no difference to me ,one way or the other
    However did They ever claim to be part of the European group or was that just your assumption.

Would explain their difference in thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It was lashing rain at the last one and all the "lefty nutters" turned up any way.

:rolleyes:

Makes no difference to me ,one way or the other
    However did They ever claim to be part of the European group or was that just your assumption.

Would explain their difference in thinking.

Yes, they did.

http://www.right2water.ie/blog/water-rights-and-wrongs-european-experience
    The Right2Water Initiative was the first to hit the required number of signatures. In December 2013, the Initiative was submitted to the Commission, and a hearing was held in the European Parliament in February of this year.

The Initiative demonstrated the power of civil society groups working across borders – and the importance attached to water rights by citizens throughout Europe. Although the EFPSU and individual public service unions, including IMPACT in Ireland, played a central role, the Initiative was also supported by a wide variety of organisations ranging from the European Anti-Poverty Network to environmental organisations such as Greenpeace.

Nothing to do with Right2Water Ireland at all, they did not participate in any of this.

Nothing to do with Right2Water Ireland at all, they did not participate in any of this.

They said the right2water initiative and impact Ireland played a central role in handing that initiative in in December 2013, so you've answered your own question there, nowhere in that document do they claim to be part of right2water Europe

Its an info piece about the right2water initiative in Europe nothing to with right2water Ireland

Perhaps the question you should have asked did Impact Ireland play a central role which would have been the better question and more damaging if untrue

Ill give ye this your doing your absolute best to shoot holes in everything ye just need to try a bit harder

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

RIGHT, that's it so.... Call the whole thing off, Keith (who spends half his time overseas) has called shenanigans on the whole thing.

I'm out.

Must be really, really boring over there. Get a hobby, buy some cheap Dutch weed, jaysus.

Like the way the Nov first was a washout?

They said the right2water initiative and impact Ireland played a central role in handing that initiative in in December 2013, so you've answered your own question there, nowhere in that document do they claim to be part of right2water Europe

Its an info piece about the right2water initiative in Europe nothing to with right2water Ireland

Perhaps the question you should have asked did Impact Ireland play a central role which would have been the better question and more damaging if untrue

Ill give ye this your doing you absolute best to shoot holes in everything ye just need to try a bit harder

Shin

You are not understanding me.

There was only Right2Water Ireland.

There is Right2Water Ireland (member of the European Group) which Siptu and Impact represent.

And Right2Water Ireland which is not related to them in any way at all.

Impact contacted me and confirmed it.

There are two groups with the same name and different objectives.

Right2Water.ie is actually Mandate Trade Union
    http://www.mandate.ie/News/Divisions/1078/1/right2water-campaign.aspx

But on the Right2Water site they only mention Mandate Trade Union as a supporter:
    http://www.right2water.ie/supporters

If you cannot see how that is confusing then I don't know how to put it any more plainly than that

RIGHT, that's it so.... Call the whole thing off, Keith (who spends half his time overseas) has called shenanigans on the whole thing.

I'm out.

Must be really, really boring over there. Get a hobby, buy some cheap Dutch weed, jaysus.

Like the way the Nov first was a washout?

Most of that post is not constructive.

But are you not concerned about who is representing your interests when they misrepresent themselves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Most of that post is not constructive.

It wasn't supposed to be, just pointing out that you seem to be taking this to another level.

Whoever said Right2Water-Campai here had a connection to any other one?

I think you made these assumptions yourself.
    But are you not concerned about who is representing your interests when they misrepresent themselves ?

When I attended the last protest, I represented my wife, kids and myself.

I don't need a leader/group to influence my decisions or to make representations on my behalf.

So my answer is no.

You are not understanding me.

There was only Right2Water Ireland.

There is Right2Water Ireland (member of the European Group) which Siptu and Impact represent.

And Right2Water Ireland which is not related to them in any way at all.

Impact contacted me and confirmed it.

There are two groups with the same name and different objectives.

Right2Water.ie is actually Mandate Trade Union
    http://www.mandate.ie/News/Divisions/1078/1/right2water-campaign.aspx

But on the Right2Water site they only mention Mandate Trade Union as a supporter:
    http://www.right2water.ie/supporters

If you cannot see how that is confusing then I don't know how to put it any more plainly than that

Still not seeing the confusion here. mandate has the right2water information on there site true enough yet right2water.ie is the official website of the campaign. Siptu is not listed anywhere because they weren't a member of the campaign in the first place and have only recently said theyd held talks with the right2water campaign about supporting it

Quite simply mandates info is only that info and the site is the official presence of the campaign on the web

Shin

• Advertisement

It wasn't supposed to be, just pointing out that you seem to be taking this to another level.

Whoever said Right2Water-Campai here had a connection to any other one?

I think you made these assumptions yourself.

When I attended the last protest, I represented my wife, kids and myself.

I don't need a leader/group to influence my decisions or to make representations on my behalf.

So my answer is no.

When you use an organisations name you represent yourself as that organisation.

Similar to if someone setup a shop called Tesco that sold groceries, its possible people might think they were related to Tesco the UK retail giant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement