Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

hju6 wrote: »
    So now because of over taxing the poor and driving them from their homes, general taxation will have to rise to cover the cost of rehousing them, plus the cost of the support services,

Like water for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Like water for example.

Yes, a tax to far

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

info from petition post at top of this page, very importabt info re: water charging exemption from EU:

Alan Kelly TD is due to submit a report to Troika on 1st January wherein he is supposed to renew the Irish exemption for another 7 years. He is intending to NOT renew it. We have to make it known that this is not our wish and he has no authority to do so.

The full story...

Last week the Minister for he Environment Alan Kelly said that Ireland did not have an exemption from domestic water metering and charging as defined in the EU Water Services Directive.

This was simply untrue, and the EU have confirmed this.

Alan Kelly was trying to cover up the fact that he alone is about to give away the people’s exemption. Why? Because he is doing what he is told by the Troika banks.

The exemption cannot be taken away, not by the EU, and definitely NOT by the Troika, who are not party to the directive; it can only be given away.

This is yet another example of our politicians’ spinning and twisting the truth – you may say lying.

Where do their loyalties truly lie? This highlights once again the duplicity of government while they work for outside entities to the detriment of the people.

Alan Kelly must submit a report on 1st January wherein he is supposed to renew the exemption for another 7 years. Alan is intending to NOT renew it. We must make it known that this is not our wish and he has no authority to do this. Please let it be known to all representatives that this exemption must be renewed.

It is the will of the people.It is pertinent to say at this point that if we had a direct democracy system of government in Ireland this situation would not even be happening, because the TDs would know the people would call a referendum on the issue and overturn it, and hence with this knowledge government would not even try to do this.

The following is an update on the situation from former MEP Kathy Sinnott , who is a former member of the European Parliament Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. This letter outlines the reality behind the spin; and gives examples of why the privatised model they are looking to create does not and cannot yield the results the government are promising.

more info on petition page in this regard.

how anyone can support these charges in light of whats really going on in the Dail is beyond me..

please sign and pass on...

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/The_people_of_Ireland_Stop_Alan_Kelly_from_giving_away_Irelands_Domestic_Water_Charge_Exemption/?aNTBKib

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Any link to this Shin?

All the protest groups seem to have it published, but I cant find the source.

Isn't it a bit odd that even at this stage, the Department of the Environment still promotes the non charging of domestic water usage:

"Government policy requires local authorities to recover the cost of providing water services from the users of these services, with the exception of households using the services for domestic purposes.
    This is in accordance with the polluter pays principle and the requirements of Article 9 of the EU Water Framework Directive."

-whilst at the same time promoting charging domestic users for water, on a different part of the same page!!

Anyone reading this from afar would think that signing up for Irish Water was purely "optional", if you have a few bob to spare throw it into the bucket, if not, don't worry, we actually have a derogation anyway which means we can't make you, and we're not going to turn off your water or anything like that if you don't.

Sorry my bad forgot to put the link in ive edited my post now so its there but ill put it here as well

http://directdemocracyireland.ie/eu-say-irelands-domestic-water-charge-exemption-safe-unless-alan-kelly-gives-away-january-1st/

Shin

teddy_303 wrote: »
    Alan Kelly TD is due to submit a report to Troika on 1st January wherein he is supposed to renew the Irish exemption for another 7 years. He is intending to NOT renew it. We have to make it known that this is not our wish and he has no authority to do so.

He has authority to do so. He is the minister democratically given the power by the people of Ireland to act on this topic.
    A small minority of people marching and sticking anti-water-charge signs on roundabouts does not deprive a minister of the power granted him by law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

He has authority to do so. He is the minister democratically given the power by the people of Ireland to act on this topic.
    A small minority of people marching and sticking anti-water-charge signs on roundabouts does not deprive a minister of the power granted him by law.

LOL.
    We'll see how long the FG/Denis IW project lasts when there's mass non-payment of the water tax.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Pocoyo wrote: »
    People dying on our streets but the government wont raise rent allowance instead they plan on charging the poor twice for water.

I hope this and the former government can be brought to court by any new party in power. Stripped of entitlements and 20 years in prison will appease the public.

This. There are a lot of cold cases to be opened and justice to be served for placing hardships on Irish people. Also if we want to develop as a society and learn from our mistakes and ensure the same mistakes never happen again white collar crime and corruption needs to be taken seriously and jail time dished out. The Judiciary requires some serious reform aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Are you blindly pro goverment whatever they happen to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

I have to laugh every time I read stuff like this.

If it wasn't for the small large amount of people marching, people who will be paying their water charges will next year pay significantly less directly because of the small large amount of protesters.

This small large group of protesters will have directly contributed to the eArly call for an election next year along with the complete wipe out of the parliamentary Labour Party.

Peaceful protest works and long may it continue

I'm pro democracy and observing the laws of government.
    Against government by mob.

The standard anti government stance, no matter who is in power, is just lazy knee jerk thinking by the great unwashed.

• Advertisement

If it wasn't for the small large amount of people marching, people who will be paying their water charges will next year pay significantly less directly because of the small large amount of protesters.

This small large group of protesters will have directly contributed to the eArly call for an election next year along with the complete wipe out of the parliamentary Labour Party.

The bold is indeed true.
    But this is a tragedy. It will be the detriment of Ireland, democracy, and, though they dont understant it, of the people protesting themselves.

how to deal with GMC Sierra and IW properly, no notification of works, no site notices, no health and safety requirements, no dig permits, basically turned up and hoped to get away with it and in case everyone jumps on the man about the af2 form, it has to be displayed on site at all times.

Approved Form (AF2) – Notification of a Construction Site.The Project Supervisor (Construction Stage) must fill in the AF2 before construction work begins and this must be displayed clearly on the site (and updated as necessary). [Notification is required for work planned to exceed 30 working days or 500 man days or where there is specific risk as listed in Schedule 1 of the Construction Regulations].

And heres the video well done all in St Judes court Lifford

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=875477919153513&pnref=story

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

There's a minority on this thread who are unfortunately. The usual suspects of course.

The bold is indeed true.
    But this is a tragedy. It will be the detriment of Ireland, democracy, and, though they dont understant it, of the people protesting themselves.

I must remember to mourn the tragedy that has befallen the Irish People, I mean its absolutely unspeakable what weve done, nay shameful, we should all just crawl into a corner and give ourselves a lashing with a whip for what weve done

You know paying for fat cat salaries and bondholders where not one cent will ever be spent on the pipes, instead noonans come up with a spectacular plan to repay the junior bondholders.

How will I ever sleep knowing ive done all that, well its easy Irish water is a crock of **** that's been foisted on the Irish People in the guise of fixing the pipes and conservation, none of which will ever happen

Shin

shinzon wrote:
    how to deal with GMC Sierra and IW properly, no notification of works, no site notices, no health and safety requirements, no dig permits, basically turned up and hoped to get away with it and in case everyone jumps on the man about the af2 form, it has to be displayed on site at all times.

I watched that this morning. He totally owned them.:)

shinzon wrote: »
    I must remember to mourn the tragedy that has befallen the Irish People, I mean its absolutely unspeakable what weve done, nay shameful, we should all just crawl into a corner and give ourselves a lashing with a whip for what weve done

You know paying for fat cat salaries and bondholders where not one cent will ever be spent on the pipes, instead noonans come up with a spectacular plan to repay the junior bondholders.

How will I ever sleep knowing ive done all that, well its easy Irish water is a crock of **** that's been foisted on the Irish People in the guise of fixing the pipes and conservation, none of which will ever happen

Shin

Yes, you got it very badly wrong for 10 years, and not for the first time, but no need to whip yourself.
    Just learn from the mistake and move on.
    The last 5 years have been great for Ireland and there are some encouraging signs, even though dampened a bit by the recent water protest nonsense, that Ireland is showing an improved level of sense and maturity in managing its affairs.

Yes, you got it very badly wrong for 10 years, and not for the first time, but no need to whip yourself. Just learn from the mistake and move on. The last 5 years have been great for Ireland and there are some encouraging signs, even though dampened a bit by the recent water protest nonsense, that Ireland is showing an improved level of sense and maturity in managing its affairs.

There's nothing much improved where I'm living. I dunno what planet you are living but I'm still seeing job losses and empty pubs.

The last 5 years have been great for Ireland and there are some encouraging signs, even though dampened a bit by the recent water protest nonsense, that Ireland is showing an improved level of sense and maturity in managing its affairs.

Yea, the cronyism and corruption under FG continues.
    There's more people waiting on hospital trolly's then there was 10 years ago, but under FG senior management in the HSE has risen by 11%.
    There's homeless people dying on the street.
    The centre of our capital city is a druggie haven with open dealing taking place on every street corner.
    The list is endless, yet you continue to have a pop at people protesting a water tax...
    Maturity and managing it's affairs, mehole.......

falan wrote: »
    There's nothing much improved where I'm living. I dunno what planet you are living but I'm still seeing job losses and empty pubs.

Unfortunate, and I hope it improves for you, but irrelevant in a national context. We do not deduce from a specific instance to the general, for the state of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Yea, the cronyism and corruption under FG continues.
    There's more people waiting on hospital trolly's then there was 10 years ago, but under FG senior management in the HSE has risen by 11%.
    There's homeless people dying on the street.
    The centre of our capital city is a druggie haven with open dealing taking place on every street corner.
    The list is endless, yet you continue to have a pop at people protesting a water tax...
    Maturity and managing it's affairs, mehole.......

Sorry is this the homeless person who sold two houses that was bought for him and left accommodation he was been put up in by the govt?? Poor fella had problems but its a lot more complex.

Ah yeah sure that's the govts fault alright.

I can't understand this mindset of cheap digs that have no truth.

Pure laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It's a hollow victory. Water charge is reduced for a few years but more tax revenue goes to IW from other sources, whether it be reduced expenditure on services or a smaller reduction in tax breaks.
    falan wrote: »
    I watched that this morning. He totally owned them.:)

Another hollow victory. They are plumbers, not legal eagles. The fact that none of their arguments work in courts is more telling.

Unfortunate, and I hope it improves for you, but irrelevant in a national context. We do not deduce from a specific instance to the general, for the state of the nation.

That's unfortunate for a lot of people. This government hasn't done anything of note yet you believe everything they tell you unquestionably lol.

Yes, you got it very badly wrong for 10 years, and not for the first time, but no need to whip yourself.
    Just learn from the mistake and move on.

There is nothing badly wrong, weve dodged a massive bullet with the water charges and come the 10th it will be the final nail in the coffin for both Irish Water and this failed government

Queue all the blathering about alternatives etc etc etc, no point in putting any alternative to anyone pro side, not one person is listening

And if your so concerned about our future then organise protests to get the charge reinstated as was originally planned, see how much support you get then, takes 5 minutes to setup a facebook page and start spreading the word as the anti side has done.

Put your money where your mouth is, start organising get posters out there start marching if you want that change or are you just happy to sit espousing your supposed wisdom on boards

Its easy to talk the talk but are you prepared to take it to the next level and actually do something about it

Shin

Another hollow victory. They are plumbers, not legal eagles. The fact that none of their arguments work in courts is more telling.

Jesus your obsessed with courts, there plumbers holds no soot, IW have legal eagles who should have gotten the documentation to that person in the video that identifies himself as the site supervisor, you know the guy that's above the plumbers as they were about to start construction work on the estate

And you don't need a court to know anywhere construction is involved you need to have relevant documentation on display. Health and safety notices site notices etc etc are all mandatory not optional even for the mighty IW.

A search online can even find the form, so come on whose fooling who here

http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Publications_and_Forms/Forms/AF2_Form.pdf

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Today

2PM

Connolly Hall

Cork

Make your voice heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

He wasnt asking the plumbers, he was asking the foreman, who should have had that information, and the workers should be thanking him for contributing to their safety. H&S rules are there to protect everyone. Have you any idea how many people have tragically died over the years because of cowboy sites and lax adherence to the rules.
    We have already seen one IW worker aiming a high pressure hose at the groin of a member of the public. Its obvious that they are getting no safety training whatsoever. If i was working with crowds of people shouting at/distracting me whilst using dangerous machinery i would pack up and move on to the next site. Its just common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

I'm pro democracy and observing the laws of government.
    Against government by mob.

The standard anti government stance, no matter who is in power, is just lazy knee jerk thinking by the great unwashed.

How awful - and to think that we 'the great unwashed' also have a vote ! The very same unwashed that politicians hug, pose with, ascend ladders, turn cartwheels for - at election time.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Sorry is this the homeless person who sold two houses that was bought for him and left accommodation he was been put up in by the govt?? Poor fella had problems but its a lot more complex.

Ah yeah sure that's the govts fault alright.

I can't understand this mindset of cheap digs that have no truth.

Pure laziness.

Two more homeless died during the week in Cork.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/two-homeless-drug-users-die-in-cork-301284.html

Denial seems to be the main FG/FF trait these days...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=875477919153513&set=vb.100000739384827&type=2&theater

Video that explain how GMC are installing meters at the rate they are illegally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Lucinda turns left too late...

"Irish Water has more than €1 billion spent on it to date, says Lucinda Creighton.

"More than €1 billion of taxpayers’ money has already been spent on Irish Water with much more to follow, a former minister of state has claimed.

Reform Alliance TD Lucinda Creighton said the company had borrowed €250 million from the National Pensions Reserve Fund in 2013. This year, it collected a further €240 million from the property tax.

It also received €490 million from the local government fund this year, will get €190 million from businesses every year, “and will continue to collect a sum, which while substantially less than the €500 million a year originally intended, will be nonetheless substantial, from householders every year.

“We do not have any transparency on how much the State has paid to Siteserv, which was sold to Millington for approximately €45.42 million in cash from the State-owned IBRC.”
    A subsidiary of the company, Sierra, was awarded a multimillion-euro contract for the installation of water meters, she said.

The former Fine Gael TD said taxpayers “have never been told how much they are paying to this company”.

Irish Times

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement