Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So you agree that any protester should be able to attack the head of states car whenever they want? This time it was a silly little girl who got her just desserts, What if next time it's someone with more sinister intentions?

'attack' is an apt word, it wouldn't be a tad grandiose perchance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So you agree that any protester should be able to attack the head of states car whenever they want? This time it was a silly little girl who got her just desserts, What if next time it's someone with more sinister intentions?

Don't be stupid. You think she should have been shot.

Bloody absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Eh, no-one attacked Cameron.
    He was a jogger who didn't know Cameron was there when he ran into him, got, in his own words 'manhandled to the ground' by the security detail and held in custody for the rest of the afternoon.

hahahaha

Are you for real?

He ran straight into him ffs. 'Didn't know he was there'.. catch a grip of yourself ffs

He was also restrained adequately and proportionally.. not flung on to the ground like a ragdoll by a hot headed fool when he was already restrained by colleagues.

And why wasn't the woman in this case arrested or taken into custody if she committed such a gross criminal act?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tony EH wrote: »

Bloody absurd.

I didn't say i think she should have been shot, I said i would have no problem if she had been shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I didn't say i think she should have been shot, I said i would have no problem if she had been shot.

There isn't a large enough LOL smilie for how dumb this comment is.

• Advertisement

hahahaha

Are you for real?

He ran straight into him ffs. 'Didn't know he was there'.. catch a grip of yourself ffs

He was also restrained adequately and proportionally.. not flung on to the ground like a ragdoll by a hot headed fool when he was already restrained by colleagues.

And why wasn't the woman in this case arrested or taken into custody if she committed such a gross criminal act?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-jogger-runs-into-pm-david-cameron-in-leeds-30696444.html
    An inquiry has been demanded into a security breach which saw a member of the public collide with the Prime Minister and his protection team. The man, understood to be on his way to a local gym, ran up to David Cameron outside Leeds Civic Hall, where the Prime Minister had been speaking at an event. The 28-year-old jogged across the street towards the Prime Minister, but police stepped in to stop him as Mr Cameron got into a waiting vehicle. Video footage of the incident showed the Prime Minister apparently brace himself as the man approached at speed, before a bodyguard intervened to grapple with the man. West Yorkshire Police said there was "nothing sinister" about the incident and it was "just a man in the wrong place at the wrong time".

There isn't a large enough LOL smilie for how dumb this comment is.

You want to let people do what they want then that is fine, you as a citizen of this country are entitled to your opinion, I am also entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that IF and armed guard had shot her for attempting what she did then she would have no one else to blame but herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Bloody absurd.

Just a question please , If that was your own daughter would you still say the same?

Just wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Security breach played down by security forces shocker.

Yes, he was just on his way to the gym but decided to take a detour through a primeminister. Shur he didn't even see him or his bodyguards :rolleyes:

The video is there for all to see. People can draw their own conclusions.

And again, why was the woman not arrested considering she posed such a threat to dear leader, and committed such a heinous act?

Stargate wrote: »
    Just a question please , If that was your own daughter would you still say the same?

Just wondering?

My daughter wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt jump on the bonnet of a moving car that has the leader of the country in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I dont know why you got a thanks for the quote. The guy was on the news, said he came out of the GYM, saw cameron across the street and ran over to the have a word with him.

So it was not a case of some dude just bumped into cameron.

It was actually the police releasing that because they let him get so close. It was actually a fk up by the police.

The guy has dreads and is a political activist who was in the right place at the right time (as far as he was concerned)

I cant believe you quoted the story without actually knowing anything about it.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

My daughter wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt jump on the bonnet of a moving car that has the leader of the country in it.

Can you please answer the question ? Thank you .

A simple yes or no will do .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

Shot at what point? When she was actually in front of the car or at the point where she was flung against a bollard, which was after she was no longer in front of the car, actually to the side and away from the car, already in restraint by an officer, neutralised...
    If the buffoon who at this point decided to injure the 'car attacker' had a gun would it be ok to shoot her?

You want to let people do what they want then that is fine, you as a citizen of this country are entitled to your opinion, I am also entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that IF and armed guard had shot her for attempting what she did then she would have no one else to blame but herself.

Amnesty Internationl want a word...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

listermint wrote: »
    I dont know why you got a thanks for the quote. The guy was on the news, said he came out of the GYM, saw cameron across the street and ran over to the have a word with him.

It was actually the police releasing that because they let him get so close. It was actually a fk up by the police.

The guy has dreads and is a political activist who was in the right place at the right time (as far as he was concerned)

lol
    There is no suggestion anywhere other than the chap was a jogger on his way to the gym. Or that he is a political activist.
    What other information have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Pocoyo wrote: »
    I wont pay!! and i am genuinely going to let the pro-charges people pay my share,When IW falls it can be replaced with a voluntary charge for the likes of boatmad etc.

when the court attaches your social welfare or salary , we shall see who's paying

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Pigfoot wrote: »
    Shot at what point? When she was actually in front of the car or at the point where she was flung against a bollard, which was after she was no longer in front of the car, actually to the side and away from the car, already in restraint by an officer, neutralised...
    If the buffoon who at this point decided to injure the 'car attacker' had a gun would it be ok to shoot her?

She was not thrown against the bollard and has said so to the press. see the comments on the breaking news reports

And she could have been armed also and in nay other country eg America would have been shot. Not even tasered; shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Instead we get Italy, with sh*t food.

:P theres a good summary , and you could add, no sunshine either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

To those who oppose water charges:

Given that Ireland is running at a deficit at the moment, Imagine you do get the water charges abolished, how do you propose to close the deficit?

Water charge isn't the only way to do it so how do you propose to do it?

Domestic charges were originally set to return the grand total of E300million, on full compliance.

That's before the latest round of tinkering to be offered tomorrow.

To put closing the deficit and charging for water in the one sentence at this stage is pushing things a bit really.

Graces7 wrote: »
    She was not thrown against the bollard and has said so to the press. see the comments on the breaking news reports

And she could have been armed also and in nay other country eg America would have been shot. Not even tasered; shot.

At what point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

BoatMad wrote: »
    when the court attaches your social welfare or salary , we shall see who's paying

I guess I wont have to pay, I dont get any social welfare and my salary is paid in another country.

People with private wells and members of group water schemes have been paying your share for years.. time you started paying your way.

Stargate wrote: »
    Can you please answer the question ? Thank you .

A simple yes or no will do .

I answered your question.

Amnesty Internationl want a word...

With whom?

For what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

AAHHHHH HEEYYOORR.... LEAVE IT OUW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Such menace in that post. Lot of pro water people love beating people down that genuinely can't afford to pay. Disgusting.

listermint wrote: »

lol

Maybe you should follow your own advice :rolleyes:
    On his Facebook page, where he uses the name Dean Balboa Farley', the jogger said: "So im all over the news as 'the protester that attacked david cameron in leeds' yeah if you call brushing into someone while running then getting assaulted by half a dozen coppers in suits attacking".

At what point?

Probably when she first broke through the police cordon. If not then then certainly when she thumped the car. She could have been armed. There was no way of knowing and the police cannot take that risk. If she had been armed and had killed or wounded the Gardai would have been in appalling trouble and rightly so. Peaceful demos mean just that. Respecting the barriers. No one to blame but herself.

We need to be thankful that the Gardai are not trigger happy; there have been taser deaths in eg Canada for less than what this woman did. If things do not calm down sooner or later there will be injury. NB she has said she was not thrown against the bollard; item on breaking news re her complaint and she clearly states that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Graces7 wrote: »
    Probably when she first broke through the police cordon. If not then then certainly when she thumped the car. She could have been armed. There was no way of knowing and the police cannot take that risk. If she had been armed and had killed or wounded the Gardai would have been in appalling trouble and rightly so. Peaceful demos mean just that. Respecting the barriers. No one to blame but herself.

We need to be thankful that the Gardai are not trigger happy; there have been taser deaths in eg Canada for less than what this woman did. If things do not calm down sooner or later there will be injury. NB she has said she was not thrown against the bollard; item on breaking news re her complaint and she clearly states that

Shoot people who break police cordons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Security breach played down by security forces shocker.
    Chap is still out and about, that's taking downplaying to exceptional (and dare I say it, implausible levels).
    And again, why was the woman not arrested considering she posed such a threat to dear leader, and committed such a heinous act?

Because its softly softly Ireland and she received kids glove treatment (relative to other forces) in the original incident and the immediate aftermath.
    I'm not sure which side of this you are arguing anymore by the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement