Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Pathetic, you really are pathetic....and clueless.

I could be wrong, can you post any evidence to prove this??

Or just calling me pathetic is probably easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Ah yes the likes of Mick Wallace, he can do a great job of telling us how to avoid paying tax.
    But then again isn't that what the minority of anti water protestors lap up, how to avoid contributing to society and leave it to the rest of us.

Imagine the independants having to actually make hard decisions on a day to day basis, I reckon on day one the country would collapse.

I love this notion that the main parties like to throw around that anything but them and the country will collapse , That's without their guiding hands Ireland will just fall apart and go down in flames ,
    If the independents/small parties where in power and had to make the hard day to day decisions and they were making a mess of it ....
    Less face it what would happen in reality ,they would fail ,the government would fall, An Election would be called and the civil servants would continue to run the country (as they do anyway ) and the people would decide the next step .

We could start by enforcing the 12.5% rate, the lowest in the EU afaik, in a proper fashion.
    But, no, much better to have a reputation as a tax haven....

Are you saying these companies aren't paying their 12.5% tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

I could be wrong, can you post any evidence to prove this??

Or just calling me pathetic is probably easier.

See, according to you, in the last two pages, the majority of protesters 'don't pay tax' and are 'shinners'.
    That in itself proves my point.
    Get up, go outside, and find yourself a life......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Because I would take a guess now I could be wrong, that the majority of protestors don't pay tax.

Now before you scramble for that reply button,don't worry someone will get in before you.

Wow, you are in serious denial of the protest demographic. Plenty of working people on this protest. I myself and some colleagues will leave the office for 2hrs on Wednesday to join the protests. I think you need to go see for yourself and stop looking at the media reports which downplay sizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Well then why are you giving out about water charges??

You should have no problems if this is what you have always done.

I'm not giving out,I am just not paying for it.

See, according to you, in the last two pages, the majority of protesters 'don't pay tax' and are 'shinners'.

Once again, what makes your claims of this been wrong true??

How is your opinion more valid than mine?

gladrags wrote: »
    I'm not giving out,I am just not paying for it.

I'll pick up your tab like always don't worry.

Wow, you are in serious denial of the protest demographic. Plenty of working people on this protest. I myself and some colleagues will leave the office for 2hrs on Wednesday to join the protests. I think you need to go see for yourself and stop looking at the media reports which downplay sizes.

The spindo says it's true, so it must be.....;)

• Advertisement

Have you actually read that article properly??

There is nothing there to suggest face book are avoiding paying tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Watching " The Week in Politics "

And the way Joan is ducking and weaving would make Ali proud......

So because you and a few work colleagues are protesting that means my point is wrong??

Think about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Post of the day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Watching " The Week in Politics "

And the way Joan is ducking and weaving would make Ali proud......

It is like pulling teeth trying to get a proper answer from her. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

So because you and a few work colleagues are protesting that means my point is wrong??

Think about that.

Have you been to all of the protests up and down the country to have a look at the type of people in attendance? It seems like you're making a sweeping generalization and trying to pass it off as a fact.

Have you actually read that article properly??

There is nothing there to suggest face book are avoiding paying tax.

How much corporate tax do apple pay for their operations here?

I'll pick up your tab like always don't worry.

You're a tosser.
    And a clueless one at that.

Mod: Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Think about that.

I have thought about it. You made a huge bull**** sweeping generalisation of the anti water charge movement.

That type of denial and arrogance will be the governments downfall.

You're a tosser.
    And a clueless one at that.

Nice.

• Advertisement

I have thought about it. You made a huge bull**** sweeping generalisation of the anti water charge movement.

And said I could be wrong, if someone proves I'm wrong I will hold my hand up.

Nice.

Report me.
    Get me banned.
    Close it down.
    You're anonymous, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Tinkersbell banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

shinzon wrote: »
    how to deal with GMC Sierra and IW properly, no notification of works, no site notices, no health and safety requirements, no dig permits, basically turned up and hoped to get away with it and in case everyone jumps on the man about the af2 form, it has to be displayed on site at all times.

Approved Form (AF2) – Notification of a Construction Site.The Project Supervisor (Construction Stage) must fill in the AF2 before construction work begins and this must be displayed clearly on the site (and updated as necessary). [Notification is required for work planned to exceed 30 working days or 500 man days or where there is specific risk as listed in Schedule 1 of the Construction Regulations].

And heres the video well done all in St Judes court Lifford

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=875477919153513&pnref=story

Shin

The fact that GMC Sierra seem to be going around with impunity breaking all usual public works rules and regulations is disgraceful tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The fact that GMC Sierra seem to be going around with impunity breaking all usual public works rules and regulations is disgraceful tbh.

The fact that they won the contract to do so 15 days before they even came into existence is even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

RobertKK wrote: »
    Easy, it could be like, you agree with the idea of 'family', but you might not necessarily like your own family.
    You can't change who your family is but that is the family you belong to.

I honestly dont get it, if I know somethings wrong in principal ill fight it till I cant fight it anymore, Irish Water is wrong paying money to them is wrong

The whole ideology behind jobs for the boys is wrong so they wont be getting one red cent from me, that's my opinion anyway. But at least you argued your case and I can respect that as well

Cheers

Shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

And said I could be wrong, if someone proves I'm wrong I will hold my hand up.

I don't think your mind is open enough to accept alternatives or to go against your preconceived beliefs (which probably originated from others you respect). I honestly don't think you can see both sides of this debate going by your rhetoric. I used to be of the same closed mindset when I was younger and it did me no good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pocoyo wrote: »
    The fact that they won the contract to do so 15 days before they even came into existence is even more so.

No it isnt, Gerry McCloskey and Sierra both existed for donkeys years doing civil works before submitting a bid for the metering as a joint venture. Its perfectly usual to submit tenders then only form the partnership if successful, otherwise it might be a waste of time and money. There is nothing to see here.

The focus should totally be on the way they carry out the works, as has been mentioned lots above, they are allegedly breaking the health and safety rules all over the place.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No it isnt, Gerry McCloskey and Sierra both existed for donkeys years doing civil works before submitting a bid for the metering as a joint venture. Its perfectly usual to submit tenders then only form the partnership if successful, otherwise it might be a waste of time and money. There is nothing to see here.

The focus should totally be on the way they carry out the works, as has been mentioned lots above, they are allegedly breaking the health and safety rules all over the place.

Independent TD for Kildare North, Catherine Murphy in the Dáil regarding Companies Registration of GMC Sierra and contract award..
    “Firstly there is absolutely a question to be answered as to why the cheaper installation offer from Siemens was dismissed. We must have an answer to that question. Why did you choose to accept a more expensive option that required us to borrow from the Pension Reserve Fund with massive interest costs?”
    “Next we have got to get answers to the questions regarding the awarding of the contract. There is a key date here and that is June 2013. In a PQ reply on June 12th 2013, Minister Hogan confirmed that the 30th of June 2013 would the closing date for bidders to apply to be considered for the metering contract. GMC/SIERRA (Company Registration number 530230) was one of the successful bidders. GMC/SIERRA was awarded a metering contract. But, and this is key, that same company, registration number 530230 did not come into existence, legally, until the 15th of July 2013. 15 days after the closing date for bids. How is it that an entity that did not exist when the deadline closed was awarded a contract? GMC/SIERRA – a company with Denis O’Brien as a vested party – was somehow awarded a contract before it even existed.”
    “Even to tender for the contract requires, under both EU and Irish Law, a certificate of tax compliance. How could an entity that did not exist in law, get a tax clearance certificate? These questions need answering. They will not go away and they are being routinely spoken about across social media and online media outlets such as Broadsheet.ie”
    This is absolute corruption. It proves that it's all about cronyism. The greed is simply disgusting.
    Our children's children will be paying debt.
    This must stop.

• Advertisement

UK article on irelands 600,000 people living in food poverty.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/irelands-new-poor-and-food-bankds-320

How can you expect these people to pay for water twice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement