Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

An interesting letter....

That don't have a breakdown in the figures, as in how many non completed forms are in the mix, also they say +/-23% would be replying to inform them that they're not even connected to the public water system.

Straight from the horses mouth....... Lol.....

You can see the distancing starting to occur, the minister claiming no knowledge of anything beyond what Irish Water sees fit to share. Advising members to contact water.ie directly for answers about Fine Gael's creation.

Bang off an email to oireachtasmembers@water from taoiseach@Hotmail and you'd probably get an answer about blank "application packs"

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail2014111300045?opendocument

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Have you seen this video from Irish water? It could clear up some concerns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-oQp2ejCM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

That is the point I'm making! If one is only getting x amount, it's because they have OTHER income.

I dont have another income. Or savings. Or land. Or anything else you like to think.
    I also dont get fuel allowence or all the other stuff you believe everyone gets.
    I also dont have television before you ask.
    You refuse to take off the blinkers.

I WILL NOT be paying a cent to Irish water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

branie2 wrote: »
    Have you seen this video from Irish water? It could clear up some concerns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-oQp2ejCM

Not sure if you're being serious or not? That video is from March. It is now December and we know that metered bills won't be brought in for almost 5 years...

Nice touch by IW having the comments section disabled on that video as well!

Edit: I just watched the video, you'd swear they think everyone in the country has a mental age of 2 the way they are explaining it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

They don't want abusive message. and they've disabled the discussion part of their page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Satriale wrote: »
    i'm just surprised someone hasn't said they could afford food if they got rid of their Sky...

Or their pet dog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i'm just surprised someone hasn't said they could afford food if they got rid of their Sky...
    Or their pet dog

Oh don't worry im sure the usual suspects will be back soon suggesting those very things again

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Chucken wrote: »

You sure post a lot in the Soap Operas forum for someone who has no TV.

But aside from the cheap dig, why do you expect someone else to pay for the water you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

hmmm wrote: »

But aside from the cheap dig, why do you expect someone else to pay for the water you use?

I post in one thread. How do you think Im posting this????

I dont expect anyone to pay anything for me. Considering we already pay for water through taxes, I am NOT paying a cent to that quango.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

Despite the heated debate on the right and wrongs, I am very proud of the Irish people for making a stand on the Irish Water qaungo and the arrogance of the government. I honest didn't think we had it in us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Why would you need a tv to watch soaps?:confused:
    Please join us in the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'm more than happy for my taxes to cover water for those who can't afford it. As long as the money is spent responsibly and not on private gyms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I'm more than happy for my taxes to cover water for those who can't afford it. As long as the money is spent responsibly and not on private gyms etc.

As am I. But I believe everyone should pay. NO WAIVERS. Waste can only be cotained by constricting purse strings.

October saw a huge drop in water consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

As am I. But I believe everyone should pay. NO WAIVERS. Waste can only be cotained by constricting purse strings.

Chinasea wrote: »

"Irish Water says there was a “significant and obvious” decline in demand for water in the Dublin region from 1 October — the day water charges were originally due to come in.

However, within two weeks — as the campaign of protest against water charges gathered pace — demand had returned to normal levels."

Not really a huge drop if it only lasted two weeks to be fair. http://www.thejournal.ie/water-october-charges-use-1803401-Nov2014/

What about the 50% of all water that's wasted by not repairing the infrastructure, how does your purse-string tightening figure there?

Do stop swallowing the propaganda, domestic consumers don't waste quite as much water as they would have you believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

Its a flat charge until 2018? Why would people be conserving water?

gladrags wrote: »
    Do you,or does anyone you know have income not disclosed?

Disclosed to the reporter, not Welfare. I repeat my point. If one is NOT getting the full rate of Jobseekers Assistance, it is because they and/or their dependants have income or estimated income from another source.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

The Taoisach can ask the President to dissolve the Dail,only if he has a majority to do so,and call an election.

In the unlikely event of the vote of no confidence passing on Wednesday 10th, who advises the President to dissolve the Dail?

Or,what happens in the event of a vote of no confidence passing?

Green Fish wrote: »
    Its a flat charge until 2018? Why would people be conserving water?

I conserve water as I believe it's the right thing to do. I built a rain water fed outhouse, I have 3000 litres of rain water storage which I use for gardening and animals etc, and next chance I get, I'm going to finish running a rain water supply to my indoors toilet.

None of this will save me a penny and I'm one the most anti-water charge people out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Chucken wrote: »
    I dont have another income. Or savings. Or land. Or anything else you like to think.
    I also dont get fuel allowence or all the other stuff you believe everyone gets.
    You refuse to take off the blinkers.

After you working and paying income tax for 30 odd years and then getting a measly €124 a week from the social welfare I couldn't blame you to be honest, I'd be seething myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It didn't. Water consumption went down for 2 weeks and then rose back to normal levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Disclosed to the reporter, not Welfare. I repeat my point. If one is NOT getting the full rate of Jobseekers Assistance, it is because they and/or their dependants have income or estimated income from another source.

Or they are being denied by bueareacracy and red tape, and of course very poor governance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Not really. Take for example a young adult, unemployed and living at home with parents in employment. The application for unemployment assistance for the young adult would be means tested against his/her parents income.

I read in the state benefit forum of one person receiving 60 euro a week.

Not really. Take for example a young adult, unemployed and living at home with parents in employment. The application for unemployment assistance for the young adult would be means tested against his/her parents income.

I read in the state benefit forum of one person receiving 60 euro a week.

The article states a 44 year old woman, her daughter and 2 grandkids were living on €188 a week. I am simply saying that they must have another income if that is all they are allowed from welfare. It's a UK article claiming 600,000 Irish are living in poverty and depending on food banks. While that may be true, the example they are using is suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The article states a 44 year old woman, her daughter and 2 grandkids were living on €188 a week. I am simply saying that they must have another income if that is all they are allowed from welfare. It's a UK article claiming 600,000 Irish are living in poverty and depending on food banks. While that may be true, the example they are using is suspect.

But but but

Joan herself opened the centre ,I taught you and the other pro -water siders excepted anything the golden 4 say as the true the whole true without hesitation .

Poll up on The Journal regarding the march on Wednesday

"Will you be taking part in Wednesday’s anti-water charge protest?"

No, but I support the march: 3111
    Yes: 3015
    No: 2956
    In don't know: 144

www.thejournal.ie/december-10th-water-charges-march-attendance-1820675-Dec2014/

First court appearance from the "riot" in Jobstown.

What is the charge from the "riot", when "violence" and "anarchy" hit the streets and the Tánaiste was practically "kidnapped"?

Answer...
    Letting the air of of a tyre.........

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/water-protester-charged-with-letting-air-out-of-t%C3%A1naiste-s-car-1.2029926#.VIWmtqe1Y_o.facebook

First court appearance from the "riot" in Jobstown.

What is the charge from the "riot", when "violence" and "anarchy" hit the streets and the Tánaiste was practically "kidnapped"?

Answer...
    Letting the air of of a tyre.........

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/water-protester-charged-with-letting-air-out-of-t%C3%A1naiste-s-car-1.2029926#.VIWmtqe1Y_o.facebook

lmao. i cant believe they left him out on bail. the courts are too soft.

• Advertisement

lmao. i cant believe they left him out on bail. the courts are too soft.

I can't believe they could be bothered, it only proves the lies about there being a riot at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement