Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Pigfoot wrote: »
    Shot at what point? When she was actually in front of the car or at the point where she was flung against a bollard, which was after she was no longer in front of the car, actually to the side and away from the car, already in restraint by an officer, neutralised...
    If the buffoon who at this point decided to injure the 'car attacker' had a gun woulkd it be ok to shoot her?

Once again she went for the car twice.

The garda threw her the second time because she went straight back after been removed the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I answered your question.

You did ? Looked like you dodged it .

You said you'd have no problem with the young lady being shot.
    I asked if it was your own daughter would you say same?
    Your answer is a bit of a cop out in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hahahaha

Are you for real?

He ran straight into him ffs. 'Didn't know he was there'.. catch a grip of yourself ffs

He was also restrained adequately and proportionally.. not flung on to the ground like a ragdoll by a hot headed fool when he was already restrained by colleagues.

And why wasn't the woman in this case arrested or taken into custody if she committed such a gross criminal act?
    he did only run into him. and he was smashed into the ground by hot headed dregs.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Stargate wrote: »

If his daughter bangs on your car, hes saying you have his blessing to shoot her dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Pigfoot wrote: »
    Shot at what point? When she was actually in front of the car or at the point where she was flung against a bollard, which was after she was no longer in front of the car, actually to the side and away from the car, already in restraint by an officer, neutralised...
    If the buffoon who at this point decided to injure the 'car attacker' had a gun would it be ok to shoot her?

Hasn't it been established that she wasn't flung against a bollard at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

My answer is my answer, you don't get to dictate the format of my answer, If you don't like it? Tough.

he did only run into him. and he was smashed into the ground by hot headed dregs.

I missed that part of the video, care to show us where he was "smashed into the ground"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Such menace in that post. Lot of pro water people love beating people down that genuinely can't afford to pay. Disgusting.

That's the part that I can't grasp. It seems like they genuinely can't fathom that so many people just can't afford to pay it.

Security breach played down by security forces shocker.

Yes, he was just on his way to the gym but decided to take a detour through a primeminister. Shur he didn't even see him or his bodyguards

The video is there for all to see. People can draw their own conclusions.

not downplayed at all. they're was nothing to it just wrong place wrong time. no detour at all and he didn't see them until it was to late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

Graces7 wrote: »
    Probably when she first broke through the police cordon. If not then then certainly when she thumped the car. She could have been armed. There was no way of knowing and the police cannot take that risk. If she had been armed and had killed or wounded the Gardai would have been in appalling trouble and rightly so. Peaceful demos mean just that. Respecting the barriers. No one to blame but herself.

We need to be thankful that the Gardai are not trigger happy; there have been taser deaths in eg Canada for less than what this woman did. If things do not calm down sooner or later there will be injury. NB she has said she was not thrown against the bollard; item on breaking news re her complaint and she clearly states that

Ok. But what Im getting at is that there was no need for the second action. It was totally un warranted. She had been removed. It was pure aggression and one would expect a little better training in our police force. No?
    Remember Abbeylara where a mentally ill man was riddled with bullets. Dont arm our Guards until theyre trained !!!

• Advertisement

My answer is my answer, you don't get to dictate the format of my answer, If you don't like it? Tough.

You sure your not a politician ? So in your opinion the girl should have been shot !! :eek:
    Great , just wanted to clear that up so there was no confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Exact situation but Obama is in the town car? And if I'm the 3rd Garda? I'd have continued forward towards my fellow officers that already had the girl restrained and did not appear to be resisting restraint. I'd have been ready to act but I don't have a habit of further clattering into people that are already restrained. If they are resisting and my colleagues needed assistance. I would assist. There are legal take down manoeuvres and are usually used on drunk or high males with adrenaline flowing. Honestly, I'd I was one of the two Garda that had the girl restrained and another officer charged in I'd be having words with him after the event.

Outside of the above situation, in a country where firearms are easily obtainable and has historical political figure assassinations. And I seen what I believed to be a firearm or dangerous weapon. I'd have shot her. That's what the training is for. But from what appears to transpire in the video I don't believe she would have been shot here.

And yet you claim the Gardai in this case have gone overboard??

in nay other country eg America would have been shot. Not even tasered; shot.
    thankfully we aren't in such sespits where one can be riddled with bullits for hardly anything. we have standards and quality control

You sure your not a politician ? So in your opinion the girl should have been shot !! :eek:
    Great , just wanted to clear that up so there was no confusion.

Again

I never said she SHOULD have been shot.

I said i wouldn't lose any sleep if she HAD been shot.

Comprende now?

This bull**** again :o

Tell me, when is the last time that Secret Service or police opened fire at or shot someone trying to get close to a president.

Did they shoot the armed guy that managed to get into an elevator with Obama? Or the one that scaled a fence and ran into the Whitehouse?

Did they shoot the man that flung his shoes (which could have just as easily been grenades) at GW Bush?

No they didn't.

The guy that attacked Cameron a few weeks back wasn't even roughed up like the woman outside Mansion House.

Stop talking bollix.

It's not bollix to assume that other world leaders have the kind of protection that would not allow you to walk away unscathed after you tried to run at the car they were travelling in

Perhaps you wouldn't be shot in America but you can be damn sure you'd never try anything stupid again after the Secret Service dealt with you.

People with private wells and members of group water schemes have been paying your share for years.. time you started paying your way.
    well i don't know about you but i haven't being paying his share and i have a well. i look after myself and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Shoot people who break police cordons?

Yes. That is a threat you see as you do not do that unless you are planning action. Police cordons are a legal barrier so why break them? Logical enough. I am not supporting this by the way just warning of the reality faced in eg Canada and the US. google taser deaths Canada... nb this is just DEATHS

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=4ccf8040-2666-4463-b73c-9e531dab20e8

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-use-of-force-registry-would-help-weigh-risks-of-taser-use-study-says/article14880825/

If someone in a crowd breaches the police cordon the police have no way of knowing if they are armed, drunk, drugged, mentally ill.. Just the action poses danger and they have to act as they did .

Our police are being very tolerant and laid back but that will change unless folk calm down.

Hasn't it been established that she wasn't flung against a bollard at this stage?

You would think....but since that scenario doesn't fit in the with agenda of some posters here it's being ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Such menace in that post. Lot of pro water people love beating people down that genuinely can't afford to pay. Disgusting.

he didn't say he could afford to pay , he said that he wasn't prepared to pay. Im all for allowances for people that genuinely can't pay.

• Advertisement

Probably when she first broke through the police cordon. If not then then certainly when she thumped the car. She could have been armed. There was no way of knowing and the police cannot take that risk. If she had been armed and had killed or wounded the Gardai would have been in appalling trouble and rightly so. Peaceful demos mean just that. Respecting the barriers. No one to blame but herself.

We need to be thankful that the Gardai are not trigger happy; there have been taser deaths in eg Canada for less than what this woman did. If things do not calm down sooner or later there will be injury. NB she has said she was not thrown against the bollard; item on breaking news re her complaint and she clearly states that
    wrong. the police would know very quick if she was armed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

well i don't know about you but i haven't being paying his share and i have a well. i look after myself and thats it

But the water protectors aver that we all pay already through taxes... logical enough...they cite motor tax being used for water supply.. the meters ensure that the users pay.. their placards claim WE ARE NOT PAYING TWICE

gladrags wrote: »
    He should resign before this country falls apart.

And which knight in shining Armour should ride in and save us?

Michael Martin? Gerry Adams?

yipeeeee wrote: »
    The garda threw her

yes, the gard assaulted her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Yes. That is a threat you see as you do not do that unless you are planning action. Police cordons are a legal barrier so why break them? Logical enough. I am not supporting this by the way just warning of the reality faced in eg Canada and the US. google taser deaths Canada... nb this is just DEATHS

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=4ccf8040-2666-4463-b73c-9e531dab20e8

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/police-use-of-force-registry-would-help-weigh-risks-of-taser-use-study-says/article14880825/

If someone in a crowd breaches the police cordon the police have no way of knowing if they are armed, drunk, drugged, mentally ill.. Just the action poses danger and they have to act as they did .

Our police are being very tolerant and laid back but that will change unless folk calm down.

So, presumably they searched her for weapons and other dangerous items after they chucked her, right?

I actually only saw the News clip at the point I saw her flung at the bollard - so maybe I didn't have the full picture - and maybe the Gardai were right. As an image it just shocked me - that's all.

It shocked me too initially but I looked again and saw what really happened instead of jumping to conclusions.

Does that fact that she herself says she wasn't thrown against anything not register with anyone?

wrong. the police would know very quick if she was armed

Nope

Not until this happens

It's not the Can't Pays that are the problem, it's the Won't Pays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

It has.

Only because another Garda put his knee in front of the bollard.

• Advertisement

Funny

I worked as a doorman for almost 20 years
    Again

I never said she SHOULD have been shot.

I said i wouldn't lose any sleep if she HAD been shot.

Comprende now?

Yeah me comprende alright . I see where your coming from :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement