Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Small minded little man. :rolleyes:

Really?

Not looking good for the capability of the Irish to govern themselves. Only 21% have good judgement. The rest just like electing someone new everytime they get the chance and they get the hump when it turns out they havent elected a miracle worker.

Disappointed with you people of Ireland. Disappointed. So much potential, but must try harder.

mmmm you sound a bit like a dictator :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    MOD

Lads, anyone with an account here is entitled to post their view if it adheres to the charter, whether they live here or not.

I ask again that both sides remain civil, attack the post, not the poster. Report any posts you feel breach the charter, thanks

Agreed and KeithClancy can have his opinion on the matter, even if that includes lazy attacks on protesters and gleeful denigration of their intent.

However, Keith's residing half the year outside of the country and by his own admission (IIRC) of not paying any taxes here allows him the room to have a blase stance on support for Irish Water, as it doesn't and won't affect him as much as it will the people who DO live here 365.

If people's suspicions of Irish Water come to light, the monetary and other effects could be quite devastating for a large number of people, who are already struggling to make ends meet in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

[/B][/B][/B]

mmmm you sound a bit like a dictator :confused:

If he was a dictator you would not have the ability to reply in an open forum :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

If he was a dictator you would not have the ability to reply in an open forum :cool:

Castro is viewed as a dictator by certain corporations countries...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

aw c'mon..... cold and wind so we all stay at home? You sound like my granny of 94! I think people are made of stronger stuff at this stage:)

maybe wherever you live buses have been cancelled but not in my neck of the woods, Drogheda - which has a big population (no reduction on Property tax in Co Louth either - yet we are in and out of the Meath border in lots of areas here and Meath got 15% reduction - my neighbours 3 minutes away live in Meath in a bigger house than me but pay less property tax - such an unfair system but don't get me started :mad:)

I'm in Dublin. And I explained how i know about 3 buses being cancelled.

And rain and cold will keep people that were kind of on the fence away. Also people that might be bringing kids. I wasn't insinuating the weather would result in about 10 or 20 people turning up.

And rain and cold will keep people that were kind of on the fence away. Also people that might be bringing kids. I wasn't insinuating the weather would result in about 10 or 20 people turning up.

given the bottleneck that is kildare street, i honestly dont think a few thousand less will make any difference.

there'll be enough people to fill kildare street a few times over anyway.

Castro is viewed as a dictator by certain corporations countries...

And its one of the most heavily censored countries in the World.

http://www.rsf.org/IMG/pdf/rapport_gb_md_1.pdf

shinzon wrote: »
    Name the facebook and twitter sites and I can show you just as many with busloads going, just wishful thinking and as I said there is other forms of transport to get to Dublin, you don't have to go by organised buses but nobodies counting them are they

Shin

Any of the right2water pages. Their activity and people replying has been well down. Lack of videos going up despite water meter installations going ahead. Pick any of the estates that featured in the media and add 'says no' to the end of it. Likewise, lack of activity, lack of videos, lack of stuff being shared in general.

Sure take this thread even. The pages were flying along and recently there's maybe one or two new pages a day.

I'd appreciate if you could lash up all the popular facebook and twitter pages so i can regain my confidence that there will be a good turnout. So please put up the ones with a lot of activity and mentions of bus loads of people turning up. I'd like to follow them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You're in Dublin, and you know of three buses being cancelled that were headed into, er....... Dublin......

is that Right?

• Advertisement

And its one of the most heavily censored countries in the World.

http://www.rsf.org/IMG/pdf/rapport_gb_md_1.pdf

censored is the wrong word. monitored is more truthful. in no way different to how secret services monitor 'key subversive words' in most countries. im not saying thats right but the cuban government is doing nothing no one else is doing. also, they make people very aware that they're being monitored. its not hush hush.

if anything the cuban internet 'censorship' comes from the american side. also worth keeping in mind that cost is a massive factor in cuban's having bad internet access. this cost is again attributed to amercia's embargo.

two sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Any of the right2water pages. Their activity and people replying has been well down. Lack of videos going up despite water meter installations going ahead. Pick any of the estates that featured in the media and add 'says no' to the end of it. Likewise, lack of activity, lack of videos, lack of stuff being shared in general.

Sure take this thread even. The pages were flying along and recently there's maybe one or two new pages a day.

I'd appreciate if you could lash up all the popular facebook and twitter pages so i can regain my confidence that there will be a good turnout. So please put up the ones with a lot of activity and mentions of bus loads of people turning up. I'd like to follow them.
    Here's a few for a start...
    10th December:

DUBLIN: 12 p.m. - Call for a Revolution Ireland - we meet at the Garden of Remembrance at 12pm. We march to the Dail. We will be marching behind a group of 500 Army Veterans who are leaving the GPO at 12.05pm. Other groups will also be marching, and all assemble outside the Dail from 1pm.

DUBLIN: 1:00 p.m. - Right2WaterIreland - assembly outside Dáil

CARLOW: Buses to Dublin: Carlow Water Metering/Water Privatisation Fight Back - Pickup areas at Aldi Carpark and Askea Church. Children €5 Adults €10. Will be leaving at 10:30am sharp from Aldi; and leaving Askea Church at 10:35am. Buses will be leaving Dublin to return back to Carlow at 5pm. Bus seats can be paid for at Recharge Cartridges Carlow on Burrin Street (just at the traffic lights - Burrin Arcade) or David Bradshaw's Barbers on Tullow street (Just across from Racey Byrne's Pub). Seats must be paid for before 1pm on Friday the 5th of December to ensure places.

ENNIS, CLARE: Clare says no to water charges - bus to protest in Dublin -https://www.facebook.com/events/545394385595300/

CORK: Bus from Cork to the protest in Dublin. We Won't Pay the Water Charges Cork- Anti Austerity Alliance will run a bus, but we need to know by this Wednesday how many bookings we have. Please private message us by then or text 087-3416238, with your name, contact number and number of tickets you want and we'll send on details. Cost: €18 adults/€10 kids.

CORK: 8 a.m. from Patrick's Quay - seats must be booked in advance - call 086-355-6482 - Cork Says No

GALWAY: Galway Lockout will have three buses going from Galway city to Dublin - to book a seat text name and number to 0868683608

CONNEMARA, GALWAY: To book your seat from Clifden call 0872815986 ,to book a seat from Spiddal call 087.7682933, to book a seat from Carna call 0831847267

KERRY: Buses: Right2Water Killarney - will be arranged subject to numbers and deposits Killarney-Tralee-Listowel-Dublin return -Contacts available in each area.
    Pm Facebook or email us at Right2WaterKillarney@gmail.com

KILDARE: To book a seat for Bus- Text 0871017910 Naas Kildare against water charges - Cost of the bus is €10 return per seat. Pick up places and times are:
    Kildare Town - The Square - 10:20am
    Newbridge - Charlie Ryans Pub - 10:40am
    Naas - Our Lady of St David's Church - 11:00am

KILKENNY: Bus to protest in Dublin - Book your place! Bus tickets are €10 return. Buses leaving Kilkenny approx. 11am and leaving Dublin 5pm. Exact time and location will be posted soon. Call/text Neil 085-7807205 to book tickets: Give your name and the no. of tickets you want. We Won't Pay the Water Tax - Kilkenny

LAOIS: Bus to Dublin: Laois Says No to Water Charges - There will be a bus to transport people who would like to attend the protest in Dublin on December 10th.
    The bus will be leaving Portlaoise Leisure Centre at 10am SHARP, it will bring us to the protest and then we will be leaving Dublin at 6pm SHARP.
    Tickets will cost E10 and must be paid for in advance to hold your seat.
    To book your ticket contact Stephen - 085 155 5856
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1518748415039087/

LIMERICK: Buses are leaving from Limerick for Dublin. There is a huge demand so we're going to have to request that people pre-pay to confirm their booking.
    Cost will be €11 and we will be leaving from the Parkway Shopping Centre at 9am on the morning of Dec 10th. Text BUS and the number of seats you'd like to reserve to 0871092153 - We Won't Pay the Water Tax - Limerick

LONGFORD: Bus to protest - call Tena 0862220603 or Jessie 0857651016 - Longford Say No to Water Charges

MAYO: Buses leaving Tesco carpark Ballina @7am. Pickups at Foxford, Swinford, Charleston along the way. adults €11; children €6.50. Check out
    National Citizens Movement (Mayo) page, or call/text 0833046869 to book a ticket.

CASTLEBAR, MAYO: 8:45 a.m. Departing besides Dunnes Stores - https://www.facebook.com/events/399023756940179/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

DULEEK, MEATH: Bus to Protest from Duleek - https://www.facebook.com/events/1009356569090118/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

EDENDERRY, OFFALY: Bus departing 10 a.m, return 9 p.m.. - Edenderry Town Hall - Edenderry Says No to Water Charges - 13 euro bus ticket, 6 euro deposit to book seat - https://www.facebook.com/events/904035336281853/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

SLIGO: Sligo 2 Dublin, December 10th. Call to reserve Geoffery 087274 5393 or Declan 087 247 0802 - https://www.facebook.com/events/1397350963888841/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

TIPPERARY: Bus to Dublin - Leaving banmba square at 10am, we will be stopping in Roscrea on the way, we will be leaving Dublin at 6.30 pm, please pm Nenagh & district against unjust water charges to book a seat on the bus, 11 euros is the price and a deposit secures your place

TRAMORE, WATERFORD: Bus to Dublin - Tramore Says No to Water Charges - Leaving Tramore at 9.30 a.m. from the Church Car Park... we will be picking up anybody travelling from Waterford from Superquinn Bus Stop (same as last time) at 9.45 a.m. We will be leaving Dublin then at 6.00 p.m. sharp, There are 49 seats on the bus and it will cost €10 per head if we fill the bus (which I hope we will)

WEXFORD: Buses: We are into Bus 3 and to date we have 5 seats left so give me a Ring on 0831850803 €10 per seat with a €8.50 deposit to Secure your seat
    Loc Garman Abu

NEW ROSS, WEXFORD: 10 euro return. New Ross Says No - pm the page or me Claire Smith if you want to come with us

ARKLOW, WICKLOW: We have two buses leaving Arklow at Tesco 10am.. Returning home at 5pm.. €6 return.. Please make contact with the page Arklow Says No to Water Meters & Charges or email arklowright2water@gmail.com.

There are many more....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

You're in Dublin, and you know of three buses being cancelled that were headed into, er....... Dublin......

is that Right?

My point exactly

:rolleyes:

Shin

falan wrote: »

ENNIS, CLARE: Clare says no to water charges - bus to protest in Dublin -https://www.facebook.com/events/545394385595300/

going
    maybe
    invited

LAOIS: Bus to Dublin: Laois Says No to Water Charges - There will be a bus to transport people who would like to attend the protest in Dublin on December 10th.
    The bus will be leaving Portlaoise Leisure Centre at 10am SHARP, it will bring us to the protest and then we will be leaving Dublin at 6pm SHARP.

going
    maybe
    invited

CASTLEBAR, MAYO: 8:45 a.m. Departing besides Dunnes Stores - https://www.facebook.com/events/399023756940179/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited
    going
    maybe
    invited
    EDENDERRY, OFFALY: Bus departing 10 a.m, return 9 p.m.. - Edenderry Town Hall - Edenderry Says No to Water Charges - 13 euro bus ticket, 6 euro deposit to book seat - https://www.facebook.com/events/904035336281853/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

going
    maybe
    SLIGO: Sligo 2 Dublin, December 10th. Call to reserve Geoffery 087274 5393 or Declan 087 247 0802 - https://www.facebook.com/events/1397350963888841/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

That's on the ones that have events.

A whole 288 people said they are going on facebook.

Only need another 99,712 people now to get to the 100k mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

Not including people who don't have facebook of course and will be getting the bus, which I'm sure people over a certain age would be included heavily in that demographic.

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

The info i posted was from a month ago. I'm pretty certain there will be more than 288 people.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

Fantastic 288 guaranteed.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Hopefully we can push it to 300 by tonight..:)

There's a storm coming and it isn't to do with weather;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Ah come on 300 are you insane!!!

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe
    invited

going
    maybe

GUESTS
    going
    maybe
    invited

Theres people who don't have facebook, people already in Dublin (bar the 3 buses lol), those that will make there own arrangements, people that have facebook that haven't replied but have pmed the people responsible for the buses

Facebook public replies is never a true reflection on whose actually going tbh, and as for the weather the last march in November there was at least 20000 if not more on the streets in Waterford in the pissing rain getting soaked so that argument is rubbish and that included children

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Ah come on 300 are you insane!!!

300 is all you need.

Just ask Gerard Butler.

is that Right?

Fúcking hell. Read what i wrote. I need 3 buses tomorrow for my own business. The person i always use had 3 buses leaving Dublin. You still following this now? His buses would have been leaving from Dublin. And driving to Meath and Kildare to pick up people. They were full. Last Friday he contacted me to say one by one groups cancelled. His words were, what was left would fit in a 7 seater taxi. Had i not arranged 3 alternative buses. I could have used the person i always use.

It seems there's some people on here that can't take any critical observations on this issue. As i also mentioned before. I am against Irish water and my posts in this thread previously have reflected it. And i'm almost sure yourself and Shin had thanked them. But one critical observation and it's like flies to shíte.

And here's some other mind blowing shít. I'll be going tomorrow.

Theres people who don't have facebook, people already in Dublin (bar the 3 buses lol), those that will make there own arrangements, people that have facebook that haven't replied but have pmed the people responsible for the buses

Facebook public replies is never a true reflection on whose actually going tbh

Shin

Correct, i never reply to any groups or invites on facebook.

10th December:

DUBLIN: 12 p.m. - Call for a Revolution Ireland - we meet at the Garden of Remembrance at 12pm. We march to the Dail. We will be marching behind a group of 500 Army Veterans who are leaving the GPO at 12.05pm. Other groups will also be marching, and all assemble outside the Dail from 1pm.

DUBLIN: 1:00 p.m. - Right2WaterIreland - assembly outside Dáil

CARLOW: Buses to Dublin: Carlow Water Metering/Water Privatisation Fight Back - Pickup areas at Aldi Carpark and Askea Church. Children €5 Adults €10. Will be leaving at 10:30am sharp from Aldi; and leaving Askea Church at 10:35am. Buses will be leaving Dublin to return back to Carlow at 5pm. Bus seats can be paid for at Recharge Cartridges Carlow on Burrin Street (just at the traffic lights - Burrin Arcade) or David Bradshaw's Barbers on Tullow street (Just across from Racey Byrne's Pub). Seats must be paid for before 1pm on Friday the 5th of December to ensure places.

CORK: Bus from Cork to the protest in Dublin. We Won't Pay the Water Charges Cork- Anti Austerity Alliance will run a bus, but we need to know by this Wednesday how many bookings we have. Please private message us by then or text 087-3416238, with your name, contact number and number of tickets you want and we'll send on details. Cost: €18 adults/€10 kids.

CORK: 8 a.m. from Patrick's Quay - seats must be booked in advance - call 086-355-6482 - Cork Says No

GALWAY: Galway Lockout will have three buses going from Galway city to Dublin - to book a seat text name and number to 0868683608

CONNEMARA, GALWAY: To book your seat from Clifden call 0872815986 ,to book a seat from Spiddal call 087.7682933, to book a seat from Carna call 0831847267

KERRY: Buses: Right2Water Killarney - will be arranged subject to numbers and deposits Killarney-Tralee-Listowel-Dublin return -Contacts available in each area.
    Pm Facebook or email us at Right2WaterKillarney@gmail.com

KILDARE: To book a seat for Bus- Text 0871017910 Naas Kildare against water charges - Cost of the bus is €10 return per seat. Pick up places and times are:
    Kildare Town - The Square - 10:20am
    Newbridge - Charlie Ryans Pub - 10:40am
    Naas - Our Lady of St David's Church - 11:00am

KILKENNY: Bus to protest in Dublin - Book your place! Bus tickets are €10 return. Buses leaving Kilkenny approx. 11am and leaving Dublin 5pm. Exact time and location will be posted soon. Call/text Neil 085-7807205 to book tickets: Give your name and the no. of tickets you want. We Won't Pay the Water Tax - Kilkenny

LIMERICK: Buses are leaving from Limerick for Dublin. There is a huge demand so we're going to have to request that people pre-pay to confirm their booking.
    Cost will be €11 and we will be leaving from the Parkway Shopping Centre at 9am on the morning of Dec 10th. Text BUS and the number of seats you'd like to reserve to 0871092153 - We Won't Pay the Water Tax - Limerick

LONGFORD: Bus to protest - call Tena 0862220603 or Jessie 0857651016 - Longford Say No to Water Charges

MAYO: Buses leaving Tesco carpark Ballina @7am. Pickups at Foxford, Swinford, Charleston along the way. adults €11; children €6.50. Check out
    National Citizens Movement (Mayo) page, or call/text 0833046869 to book a ticket.

DULEEK, MEATH: Bus to Protest from Duleek - https://www.facebook.com/events/1009356569090118/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

TIPPERARY: Bus to Dublin - Leaving banmba square at 10am, we will be stopping in Roscrea on the way, we will be leaving Dublin at 6.30 pm, please pm Nenagh & district against unjust water charges to book a seat on the bus, 11 euros is the price and a deposit secures your place

TRAMORE, WATERFORD: Bus to Dublin - Tramore Says No to Water Charges - Leaving Tramore at 9.30 a.m. from the Church Car Park... we will be picking up anybody travelling from Waterford from Superquinn Bus Stop (same as last time) at 9.45 a.m. We will be leaving Dublin then at 6.00 p.m. sharp, There are 49 seats on the bus and it will cost €10 per head if we fill the bus (which I hope we will)

WEXFORD: Buses: We are into Bus 3 and to date we have 5 seats left so give me a Ring on 0831850803 €10 per seat with a €8.50 deposit to Secure your seat
    Loc Garman Abu

NEW ROSS, WEXFORD: 10 euro return. New Ross Says No - pm the page or me Claire Smith if you want to come with us

ARKLOW, WICKLOW: We have two buses leaving Arklow at Tesco 10am.. Returning home at 5pm.. €6 return.. Please make contact with the page Arklow Says No to Water Meters & Charges or email arklowright2water@gmail.com.

There are many more....

So there are many people that have buses advertising that they are willing to take people to Dublin for a fee? I think the earth just shattered beneath my feet. Hope they still aren't advertising. May not be good for numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To be fair Keith, your post is a barrel of ****e.

In October, 8000 had said they would go on FB, 100,000 Turned up.

I struggle to understand your snide comment ?

Fúcking hell. Read what i wrote. I need 3 buses tomorrow for my own business. The person i always use had 3 buses leaving Dublin. You still following this now? His buses would have been leaving from Dublin. And driving to Meath and Kildare to pick up people. They were full. Last Friday he contacted me to say one by one groups cancelled. His words were, what was left would fit in a 7 seater taxi. Had i not arranged 3 alternative buses. I could have used the person i always use.

It seems there's some people on here that can't take any critical observations on this issue. As i also mentioned before. I am against Irish water and my posts in this thread previously have reflected it. And i'm almost sure yourself and Shin had thanked them. But one critical observation and it's like flies to shíte.

And here's some other mind blowing shít. I'll be going tomorrow.

I still don't get the correlation between the cancelling of the buses and the people not going, it just means the buses were cancelled it in no way signifies no one that booked isn't going

They may have thought it was better to do there own thing in the end, your just making an assumption there not bothering because they cancelled

Unless you've talked to them then that's a different matter

Shin

listermint wrote: »

I think around 14000 said they are going tomorrow on the current main page, (which might i add, i havent clicked anything on it).
    Going by this logic, close to 200,000 will show up:D....That would be a miracle btw. Even i'm realistic enough to see that...

If anyone is against this whole shambles, you need to try your best to get there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Of course he would,as many do.

Not including people who don't have facebook of course and will be getting the bus, which I'm sure people over a certain age would be included heavily in that demographic.
    The info i posted was from a month ago. I'm pretty certain there will be more than 288 people.:rolleyes:

Facebook public replies is never a true reflection on whose actually going tbh, and as for the weather the last march in November there was at least 20000 if not more on the streets in Waterford in the pissing rain getting soaked so that argument is rubbish and that included children

Shin
    listermint wrote: »

I think around 14000 said they are going tomorrow on the current main page, (which might i add, i havent clicked anything on it).
    Going by this logic, close to 200,000 will show up:D....That would be a miracle btw. Even i'm realistic enough to see that...

If anyone is against this whole shambles, you need to try your best to get there tomorrow.

Hey lads .. come on .. I only counted the available numbers that were posted.

The post was a barrel of shi*e .. the same as your speculation on how many people are going is a barrel of shi*e ;)

• Advertisement

Hey lads .. come on .. I only counted the available numbers that were posted.

The post was a barrel of shi*e .. the same as your speculation on how many people are going is a barrel of shi*e ;)

Well why post it in the first place then except to get a sly dig in at the amount whove replied on the various pages knowing full well that isn't a true reflection on whose going

But ye said youd have a go anyways, didn't work now though did it

Shin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement