Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

shinzon wrote: »
    Well why post it in the first place then except to get a sly dig in at the amount whove replied on the various pages knowing full well that isn't a true reflection on whose going

But ye said youd have a go anyways, didn't work now though did it

Shin

Why were the links posted at all if they meant nothing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I'm looking forward to hearing the Detroit water brigade speaking tomorrow. This was them last night in Edenmore. This will be Ireland a few years down the line unless we stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Fúcking hell. Read what i wrote. I need 3 buses tomorrow for my own business. The person i always use had 3 buses leaving Dublin. You still following this now? His buses would have been leaving from Dublin. And driving to Meath and Kildare to pick up people. They were full. Last Friday he contacted me to say one by one groups cancelled. His words were, what was left would fit in a 7 seater taxi. Had i not arranged 3 alternative buses. I could have used the person i always use.

It seems there's some people on here that can't take any critical observations on this issue. As i also mentioned before. I am against Irish water and my posts in this thread previously have reflected it. And i'm almost sure yourself and Shin had thanked them. But one critical observation and it's like flies to shíte.

And here's some other mind blowing shít. I'll be going tomorrow.

Calm down dear.

The post I quoted made no reference at all to a business, your business, or anyone else's business.

You had said yo were in Dublin, and you knew of 3 buses that had been cancelled.

I was asking you to verify is all, because I was going to say that it didn't sound unusual to me, (that people in Dublin, would t need 3 buses to go to Dublin)

Calm down dear.

The post I quoted made no reference at all to a business, your business, or anyone else's business.

You had said yo were in Dublin, and you knew of 3 buses that had been cancelled.

I was asking you to verify is all, because I was going to say that it didn't sound unusual to me, (that people in Dublin, would t need 3 buses to go to Dublin)

People in Bray get a bus to Dublin that came from Dublin all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Why were the links posted at all if they meant nothing ?

The links were posted in reply to the chap who said that he was looking at various sites and the numbers looked down to him and asked that links be posted to other sites to reassure him that things were looking up

And then you come along and had a go by counting the replies knowing full well not everyone replies to say there going or just PM the person running the page and then try to insinuate 288 were all that's going

Shin

• Advertisement

The links were posted in reply to the chap who said that he was looking at various sites and the numbers looked down to him and asked that links be posted to other sites to reassure him that things were looking up

And then you come along and had a go by counting the replies knowing full well not everyone replies to say there going or just PM the person running the page and then try to insinuate 288 were all that's going

Shin
    That's on the ones that have events.

A whole 288 people said they are going on facebook.

Only need another 99,712 people now to get to the 100k mark.

Why so angry Shin ?

People in Bray get a bus to Dublin that came from Dublin all the time.

Which has got nothing to do with my post whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

falan wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to hearing the Detroit water brigade speaking tomorrow. This was them last night in Edenmore. This will be Ireland a few years down the line unless we stop it.

you can start forgetting irish water now, this corrupt government and IW are out on their arse tomorrow, and they know it!!

finally :p

Why so angry Shin ?

Not angry at all you posted this
    The post was a barrel of shi*e ..

which was a lame attempt at a dig at the events page of various groups which backfired nothing more then that

Shin

The Govt must be expecting a big enough crowd.....

Taken outside Leinster House earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/zs3mjy2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

There are barriers removed and installed for most official demonstrations outisde Leinster House. When not in use they're left on the North side of Molesworth Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Also putting up the barricades inside the Dail ,,A bit of ducking and diving today ,Quick change to order of business and hey pressdo Their own motion of confidence been debated TODAY... And not tomorrow as scheduled or planned .

Just keep the backbenchers away from windows tomorrow and the jobs a good one...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I thought they said that everyone was now happy with IW? I'd love to see their faces when the crowd is outside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/12/9/irish-water-protestsausterityhumanrightsday.html
    The tiny country is paying almost 42 percent of the total European banking debt, despite making up only 1 percent of its population, according to Eurostat.

The crisis has cost Ireland 25 percent of its GDP, compared with 1.5 percent in Germany. While the average cost is 192 euros per person in the EU, the figure stands at 9,000 euros per person for Irish citizens, not taking into account the 18 billion euros put in from the Irish National Pension Reserve Fund

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

donvito99 wrote: »
    There are barriers removed and installed for most official demonstrations outisde Leinster House. When not in use they're left on the North side of Molesworth Street.

Just like the homeless.

Back in October I returned two IW forms for myself and my boyfriend who works in away. Filled mine out with all the details and received a confirmation back.

I sent boyfriends back blank but wrote a letter requesting that they issue another form in the name of the tenant. I asked if they would confirm receipt of the request via email. To date, they have neither emailed or posted confirmation of the request nor have they issued a new form in the correct name. Pretty peeved that the figures spewed in the media by IW and the government include my boyfriend's form and the form returned is blank.

Sadly, I won't be able to attend the march tomorrow but I will be there in spirit, supporting you all.

gladrags wrote: »
    Just like the homeless.

That's actually an excellent observation (location is spot on), but nevertheless callous and utterly shameful, using a man's death to make your point in relation to charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

That's actually an excellent observation (location is spot on), but nevertheless callous and utterly shameful, using a man's death to make your point in relation to charges.

Should have added some of Enda's magical crocodile tears to spice it up a bit more.

mikom wrote: »
    Should have added some of Enda's magical crocodile tears to spice it up a bit more.

You can wriggle out of it any which way you like, but dragging a dead homeless man into one's usually contrite spouts about water charges is very low indeed.

Not angry at all you posted this

which was a lame attempt at a dig at the events page of various groups which backfired nothing more then that

Shin

Oh no .. It was exactly as I expected.

An angry backlash when presented with the same amount of here say on an opposite view point of the topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Sadly, I won't be able to attend the march tomorrow but I will be there in spirit, supporting you all.

Fear not. You will be included - the ringleaders behind the protest will be counting spirits as well as people actually there when they tally their view of the attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I see it everyday on the streets.

Pass through Molesworth St on a regular basis,always three or four homeless.

Similar to many parts of the country.

Just like the homeless.

Fear not. You will be included - the ringleaders behind the protest will be counting spirits as well as people actually there when they tally their view of the attendance.

Just like the government are including my boyfriend's blank application form in their numbers? :rolleyes:

gladrags wrote: »
    I see it everyday on the streets.

Pass through Molesworth St on a regular basis,always three or four homeless.

Similar to many parts of the country.

Just like the homeless.

This makes no sense. This is a discussion about IW and charges, and as such the homeless ought not to be dragged into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You can wriggle out of it any which way you like, but dragging a dead homeless man into one's usually contrite spouts about water charges is very low indeed.

Yeah........... the poster needs some coaching, possibly from FG's spinderellas........ http://communicationsclinic.ie/
    Polising turds and the like........
    Crisis Clinic

We’re really good in a crisis. And we’ve dealt with a lot of them. Tourism disasters, oil spills, accidental poisonings, crashes, explosions and innumerable corporate embarrassments.

And some of them make great stories. Stories that we can’t tell. Because our first job in most crises is to minimise their public impact, which militates against us talking about them.

We can’t tell you what we’ve done, but we can tell you how we do it.

We begin by doing nothing publicly. Nada. Zilch. Not a sausage. Until we know the facts. We dig, interrogate, investigate and question until we have every salient piece of data. And we do that as fast as possible.

Once the data is in we advise what to do. And we prepare the communications. That might mean prepping the client for a press conference or interviews, drafting press statements, FAQs, community letters. Or it might mean arranging briefings with media or shareholders or staff.

If you have a crisis and you call us, we can promise you a number of things; we’ll provide you with the best in the business. We’ll take your crisis as seriously as you do. We will be with you, side-by-side until the crisis is over.

Call us on (01) 6449700, e-mail info@communicationsclinic.ie

Puke inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Yeah........... the poster needs some coaching, possibly from FG's spinderellas........ http://communicationsclinic.ie/
    Polising turds and the like........

Puke inducing.

You've posted a blurb from the website of a company which is supposedly FG's PR people.

I'm not sure I follow how this has to do with anything of concern to us here.

Oh no .. It was exactly as I expected.

An angry backlash when presented with the same amount of here say on an opposite view point of the topic.

glad I was able to accommodate completely wrong as usual but hey ho

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Puke inducing.

i love this
    We’re really good in a crisis. And we’ve dealt with a lot of them. Tourism disasters, oil spills, accidental poisonings, crashes, explosions and innumerable corporate embarrassments.

And some of them make great stories. Stories that we can’t tell. Because our first job in most crises is to minimise their public impact, which militates against us talking about them.

basically we conspire to cover up your (probably) illegal **** ups...

isnt new FG all about transparency? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Back in October I returned two IW forms for myself and my boyfriend who works in away. Filled mine out with all the details and received a confirmation back.

I sent boyfriends back blank but wrote a letter requesting that they issue another form in the name of the tenant. I asked if they would confirm receipt of the request via email. To date, they have neither emailed or posted confirmation of the request nor have they issued a new form in the correct name. Pretty peeved that the figures spewed in the media by IW and the government include my boyfriend's form and the form returned is blank.

1 billion € of taxpayers money and counting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement