Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

donvito99 wrote: »
    You've posted a blurb from the website of a company which is supposedly FG's PR people.

I'm not sure I follow how this has to do with anything of concern to us here.

Well you know how Irish water has been such a cluster****...........

Remember Reilly?
    UNDER-fire Health Minister Dr James Reilly has ensured he gets the best professional advice available, spending almost €2,000 a month to Terry Prone's Communications Clinic firm.

The sum is part of the €86,000 that senior ministers forked out on private spin doctors in the first six months of this year.

The ministers are using the little-known Special Secretarial Allowance (SSA) to pay for PR advice despite having fully-staffed press offices in their own departments.

Dr Reilly uses the high-profile firm run by Ms Prone, spending more than €11,000 to June this year.

That's on top of the €18,000 he paid in 2011 for speech writing and PR advice with the same company.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/under-pressure-reilly-seeks-out-best-advice-from-prone-28812652.html

I'd say the ould cheques for Irish water to Terry will be massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

i love this

basically we conspire to cover up your (probably) illegal **** ups...

isnt new FG all about transparency? ;)

Presenting your case correctly to a media who is likely not expert in the field is very difficult, and mitigating negative misunderstanding and presentation to the public is a vital and legitimate aspect of crisis management.

To suggest it involves coverup or conspiracy shows a distinct lack of knowledge of the area and is itself an incorrect, unfair, and misleading allegation.

'Transparency' is about ensuring that people are enabled, through the correct presntation of facts, to make a correct and accurate appreciation of a given topic. The present government is strongly committed to transparency and has done a sterling job honouring that commitment.

Presenting your case correctly to a media who is likely not expert in the field is very difficult, and mitigating negative misunderstanding and presentation to the public is a vital and legitimate aspect of crisis management.

To suggest it involves coverup or conspiracy shows a distinct lack of knowledge of the area and is itself an incorrect, unfair, and misleading allegation.

'Transparency' is about ensuring that people are enabled, through the correct presntation of facts, to make a correct and accurate appreciation of a given topic. The present government is strongly committed to transparency and has done a sterling job honouring that commitment.

Bizarro world.

Up is down, down is up.

This may have been posted already. Notice from a letting agents to tenants stating that if they do not register with IW, the letting agent will cut off their water supply in January.
    https://www.facebook.com/RevolutionIreland/photos/a.619847304734269.1073741825.116110171774654/857027114349619/?type=1&theater

This can't be a real letter, can it? Has to be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Watch Prime Time tonight.

Another time bomb for Kenny.

Many questions,little transparency.

• Advertisement

gladrags wrote: »
    Watch Prime Time tonight.

Another time bomb for Kenny.

Many questions,little transparency.

He better get the onions ready.

This makes no sense. This is a discussion about IW and charges, and as such the homeless ought not to be dragged into it.

One billion euro,wasted by Irish water,says you are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

This makes no sense. This is a discussion about IW and charges, and as such the homeless ought not to be dragged into it.

One billion Euro not paid by Irish people for their water usage, says you are wrong.

One billion Euro not paid by Irish people for their water usage, says you are wrong.

Freshly squeezed consultants......... not from concentrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

1.2 billion euro each year from taxation pays for water.

1.0 billion euro to set up a billing quango, infested with jobs for the boys and cronyism, says you are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

actually i work for a multimedia & PR company (on the media side) so i know how the game works.

people respond to humility and honesty, people are enslaved by lies and cover up.

bernays be damned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

RTE.. FG's propaganda wing caught secretly filming a protest in stoneybatter

''I'm also a journalist too But i dont go around secretly recording people.. These people have nothing to hide so why feel the need to secretly do it... Somehow i think rte's journalist has more to hide here.. SHAME.''

Another journalists view on these kind of tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

If I was gonna march against anything its the job for life in the public sector.

Most IW employees have been moved there because they can't let them go so they have to find a job for them.

But this has been going on for years and needs to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Pocoyo wrote: »
    RTE.. FG's propaganda wing caught secretly filming a protest in stoneybatter

''I'm also a journalist too But i dont go around secretly recording people.. These people have nothing to hide so why feel the need to secretly do it... Somehow i think rte's journalist has more to hide here.. SHAME.''

Another journalists view on these kind of tactics.

Caught red handed.

RTÉ caught with their knickers down big time, I bet they don't go around secretly recording water meter installers.

Folks, I give you the complete biass of RTÉ, and how they will try to portray one side badly.

If anyone ever wanted an excuse to boycott their license, you may have just found it. ;)

yipeeeee wrote: »
    If I was gonna march against anything its the job for life in the public sector.

Most IW employees have been moved there because they can't let them go so they have to find a job for them.

But this has been going on for years and needs to end.

Join the march then play your part in change!

I forgive and welcome you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Join the march then play your part in change!

I forgive and welcome you.

And another thing.

The rise in tax on petrol and diesel over the next few months will cost on average 300 a year extra for each driver.

See I dont always agree with this govt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Is anyone going to this thing tomorrow, it all seems very quiet. Do ye reckon the govt will do a u turn and do away with water charges. Just looking at the rest of the countries in the EU and OECD that all have water charges, we seem to be paying some of the lowest charges. Doesn't seem to make sense protesting now at this stage as what has been put forward looks very reasonable in comparsion to other countries and the investment the water system badly needs.

Is anyone going to this thing tomorrow, it all seems very quiet. Do ye reckon the govt will do a u turn and do away with water charges. Just looking at the rest of the countries in the EU and OECD that all have water charges, we seem to be paying some of the lowest charges. Doesn't seem to make sense protesting now at this stage as what has been put forward looks very reasonable in comparsion to other countries and the investment the water system badly needs.

No i dont believe this government will do a u turn,But i believe the next government will,These charges will be hiked up another 400 euro in the next 5 years,Not to mention i dont believe an organization as corrupt as IW deserve 1c of my money.

We need a total change is this country.

The political system,
    The media,
    The gardai,
    The quango's

Politicians involved in corruption or evasion should be charged with treason and face 20 years in prison,They should be setting the standard of what it means to be a citizen.

No one is going tomorrow.

It is very quiet.

Governments don't do u turns.

The investment was wisely spent,by chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Caught red handed.

RTÉ caught with their knickers down big time, I bet they don't go around secretly recording water meter installers.

Folks, I give you the complete biass of RTÉ, and how they will try to portray one side badly.

If anyone ever wanted an excuse to boycott their license, you may have just found it. ;)

I'm lost, how does that video show evidence of RTE bias?

• Advertisement

Your not lost at all silly. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

RTÉ attempts to secretly film protesters.

Why secretly?

I'm sure the protesters would have been only too happy too be filmed, as I understand it, they already have from other news outlets from across the world, but yet RTÉ attempt to infiltrate them, and hopefully find some mud to sling.

The journalists face and body language said it all.

Shame on RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

As has been pointed out before, the cap can be lifted at anytime and anyone that's stupid enough to believe the cap will remain in place for the full 5 years really needs to look at the track record of this government telling the truth to know it wont

this is just a bedding down tactic to get everyone on board and as soon as your backs turned itll be axe the cap and then the true scale of what they want to rip you off for will be revealed. So until the whole things abolished the marches will continue. Don't believe the government on this I implore you get out and protest or at least look at the Detroit water brigades videos on the right to water FB page to see what true horror awaits if we go down this path

Shin

Why secretly?

Because people tend to act differently when they know they're being filmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Why secretly?

I'm sure the protesters would have been only too happy too be filmed, as I understand it, they already have from other news outlets from across the world, but yet RTÉ attempt to infiltrate them, and hopefully find some mud to sling.

Shame on RTÉ.

I'm sure BBC asks all their wildlife if they wouldn't mind being filmmed .

Prime time investigates and other tv shows very often use hidden cameras .You make it sound like they were secretly filming and then trying to incriminate people...

Why secretly?

Shame on RTÉ.

They need shakey camera footage accompanied by sinister music and a gaunt voice over explaining how they secretly and dangerously filmed these dissidents thugs crowding the once peaceful streets.

Imagine it all grainey and grey..... its dangerous covert stuff like. :D

Those brave RTE journalists.

LOL he was caught by the B******K'S

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

Why secretly?

Shame on RTÉ.

If they are doing nothing wrong why would they fear being secretly filmed?

Many of the protestors claim the IW workers use threatening and abusive behaviour towards them.

Perhaps the reporter wanted to get footage of what it is actually like when people don't know they are being filmed by an independent observer. That could be the protestors being aggressive, the IW workers being aggressive or indeed nobody being aggressive. but now it looks like he will have plenty of footage of protestors going off the wall!

shinzon wrote: »
    As has been pointed out before, the cap can be lifted at anytime and anyone that's stupid enough to believe the cap will remain in place for the full 5 years really needs to look at the track record of this government telling the truth to know it wont

Ah now sure who would believe enda kenny. :D

Badger2009 wrote: »
    If they are doing nothing wrong why would they fear being secretly filmed?

If they are doing nothing wrong...

Why are the being being secretly filmed.?

• Advertisement

They need shakey camera footage accompanied by sinister music and a gaunt voice over explaining how they secretly and dangerously filmed these dissidents thugs crowding the once peaceful streets.

Imagine it all grainey and grey..... its dangerous covert stuff like. :D

Those brave RTE journalists.

LOL he was caught by the B******K'S

I've no doubt that I'll regret engaging with you, but, the crowd they're filming are the Dublin Say's No group. You may remember some of them from their recent high court appearance for failing to adhere to a court injunction imposed on them after they were found to be intimidating, harrassing and threatening meter installers http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/courts/dublin-water-protesters-given-suspended-sentences

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court-grants-injunction-against-water-protesters-1.1935620

The manchild behind the camera calling the cameraman a scumbag is the same guy that was happy to tell the Journal.ie that water meter installers would "literally be lynched" if they came back to an estate. http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-raheny-protests-1515432-Jun2014/

You don't need "shakey (sic) camera footage accompanied by sinister music and a gaunt voice over" to make some of them look like thugs, their actions to date do that just fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement