Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

:D:D
    Satriale wrote: »
    Tyre valve removers, lethal in the wrong hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Im confused as to why organise a march for today. Why not at the weekend when some are not working? Are they only interested in Dub's

• Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Specialun wrote: »
    Im confused as to why organise a march for today. Why not at the weekend when some are not working? Are they only interested in Dub's

Today is international human rights day (something to be ashamed about for a whole bunch of other reasons)

Also, the most recent Water legislation is being debated in the Dáil today, so the march is to coincide with that. No point having a demo at Leinster House on a Saturday when the lads are all at home in their clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Today is international human rights day (something to be ashamed about for a whole bunch of other reasons)
    Oh yes, the shame, THE SHAME! The hand wringing and self flagellation cannot begin soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Unbelievable weather in Dublin's Fair city this morning.

Sun is shining,great buzz in the city centre.

Another protest era dawns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Oh yes, the shame, THE SHAME! The hand wringing and self flagellation cannot begin soon enough

Im talking about the fact that human rights are getting worse around the world and not better, if facts things are going back to the middle ages in a lot of places. Which is why I say reasons other than Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

will there be cocktail sausages and mini Vol a vents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Just a quick little fact before I head into town, who's company do you think got paid to put up the barriers for todays protest? You guessed it Mr DOB ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭2011abc

Please keep us posted with 'live' updates guys .Would LOVE to be there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fair few on O'Conell street. Looked like they were blocking the traffic walking in the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

gladrags wrote: »
    Unbelievable weather in Dublin's Fair city this morning.

Sun is shining,great buzz in the city centre.

Another protest era dawns.

Molesworth St blocked off,a lot of Gardai outside Dail, and along Molesworth St,protesters gathering in Kildare st.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

cloud493 wrote: »
    Fair few on O'Conell street. Looked like they were blocking the traffic walking in the road.
    Oh great, here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Any sign of Eirigi? It isn't a real protest until those lads are involved. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

People gathering already incredible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Seems to be a good turn out, I'm outside GPO, looking at one of four.

One of the many placards I've had a laugh at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

By the way, while you're all up there why don't you ask yourself if you have the ability to show the addicts and homeless some compassion, since some here claim to be so concerned. Spare 5 minutes from the holy show (and the lunch and shopping and bringing your mammy to a show) to maybe talk to someone and ask if they would like a warm meal or drink. If you care so much about society then consider all of it and not just your (soon to be privatised :pac:) bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Looking at twitter, this one could be as big as the previous protest march.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I really wish I was in there today, gotta work though.

Great to see so many showing up.

People gathering already incredible stuff.

It's less than an hour before it's due to start..... already??
    Seems to be a good turn out, I'm outside GPO, looking at one of four.

One of the many placards I've had a laugh at.

A picture of the turnout?? Four people? Another great image of truth from protestors. Say something vague and then display an image that barely captures whatever they're trying to convey.

It's less than an hour before it's due to start..... already??

A picture of the turnout?? Four people? Another great image of truth from protestors. Say something vague and then display an image that barely captures whatever they're trying to convey.

I'd imagine he meant one of four marches.

That image of truth works both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

The company eventserv that has the barriers up.... DOB'S and regitered in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

By the way, while you're all up there why don't you ask yourself if you have the ability to show the addicts and homeless some compassion, since some here claim to be so concerned. Spare 5 minutes from the holy show (and the lunch and shopping and bringing your mammy to a show) to maybe talk to someone and ask if they would like a warm meal or drink. If you care so much about society then consider all of it and not just your (soon to be privatised :pac:) bubble.

At least try to hide the fact that you're a shill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

LucidLife wrote: »

So?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

LucidLife wrote: »

You couldn't make that up really. What a lowlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Waterford Whispers has the best coverage so far

Waterford Whispers @WhispersNewsLTD · 5m 5 minutes ago

Reports that there will be a delay as several unions and vested interest groups vie to be seen at the start of the protest #waterprotest

Waterford Whispers @WhispersNewsLTD · 22m 22 minutes ago

#Waterprotest fact: 100% of people not protesting are spineless bastards who drink caviar for breakfast, confirm sources

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

fedor.2. wrote: »
    At least try to hide the fact that you're a shill.

Ah yes, classic deflection from the anti-side.

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is, by default, a "shill". Whatever that means.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd imagine he meant one of four marches.

He could also have meant four placards FFS
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    That image of truth works both ways.

True that. That video of the Primetime employee being cornered by absolute scumbags yesterday being a great example. Asking him questions that weren't really questions and that they had no interest in him responding to anyway. The same wans would praise last nights episode of Primetime, all covertly filmed by investigative journalists. For the poster that doesn't really understand what irony is, there you are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You couldn't make that up really. What a lowlife.

How dare he be involved with the only company big enough to provide crowd control barriers for an event this size!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE HE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

hynesie08 wrote: »
    How dare he be involved with the only company big enough to provide crowd control barriers for an event this size!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE HE!!!

The only company big enough? Really?

• Advertisement

He could also have meant four placards FFS

True that. That video of the Primetime employee being cornered by absolute scumbags yesterday being a great example. Asking him questions that weren't really questions and that they had no interest in him responding to anyway. The same wans would praise last nights episode of Primetime, all covertly filmed by investigative journalists. For the poster that doesn't really understand what irony is, there you are now.

How could he have meant four placards, when he said directly underneath that it was one of many he had seen?

If you are inferring I don't understand what irony is, I'm not sure where you got that from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement