Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

It's not the Can't Pays that are the problem, it's the Won't Pays.

What about the Can't Pay, Won't Pays?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

also not the 500,000 "already pays" which are those on metered local community group water schemes, and folks with wells

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

What about the Can't Pay, Won't Pays?

Once again I have no problem with anyone who genuinely can't afford to pay.

It's those that probably could and are refusing to do so just to stick it to the man or because they hate Enda Kenny etc that are the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It's not bollix to assume that other world leaders have the kind of protection that would not allow you to walk away unscathed after you tried to run at the car they were travelling in

Perhaps you wouldn't be shot in America but you can be damn sure you'd never try anything stupid again after the Secret Service dealt with you.
    i'm sure people would. unless the secret service break you off the ground and brutalize you until paralized. i'd hardly think they would even go that far if they don't shoot people in the first place which would mean nobody to counter their version of events.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

Im a wont pay
    I kinda can pay but I resent my money going to people who are running the utility not based upon their previous record* in other roles but upon who they are connected to.
    Thats crooked, thats the very thing our current leader promised to do away with within his first week in charge. Thats corrupt. Thats why Im a 'wont pay'.

*Check out the track records of a few of the heads of IW. Transition years would do better!

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yes. That is a threat you see as you do not do that unless you are planning action. Police cordons are a legal barrier so why break them? Logical enough. I am not supporting this by the way just warning of the reality faced in eg Canada and the US. google taser deaths Canada... nb this is just DEATHS

were not canada or the US. we have higher standards.
    If someone in a crowd breaches the police cordon the police have no way of knowing if they are armed, drunk, drugged, mentally ill.. Just the action poses danger and they have to act as they did .

they do. if they are trained properly
    Our police are being very tolerant and laid back but that will change unless folk calm down.

no it won't. people not calming down isn't going to cause the police to change tactics, they use the current tactics as it means the job can be done with as little incident as possible. doing it any other way will lead to blood shed and severe violence which will make things 100 times worse. so the current way is the best.

Once again I have no problem with anyone who genuinely can't afford to pay.

It's those that probably could and are refusing to do so just to stick it to the man or because they hate Enda Kenny etc that are the problem.

Yeah. Them lot giving a crap about political corruption, !!!!!
    Why cant they just do it the old irish way and say 'sure arrah isnt that the way its always been'.

Our police are being very tolerant and laid back but that will change unless folk calm down.

BUT but but she had already been removed by an obviously calm and well trained Guard. She was to the side of the vehicle and in restraint. THEN the other boarish Guard rushes over and obviously in temper throws the girl aside. Unprofessional AND not tolerant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

And which knight in shining Armour should ride in and save us?

Michael Martin? Gerry Adams?

It is now gone well beyond any of the established parties.

They are part of the problem, we need to seriously look outside the parties that we know to be corrupt, and stop the rot.

The country is in crisis, and we need alternatives,quick.

Kenny has no mandate, so an immediate election in light of the IW fiasco, is the first priority.

Once again I have no problem with anyone who genuinely can't afford to pay, or won't pay because they don't wish to pay to another quango ran by government cronies and failed wasters who have a very bad track record.

fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Hundreds of thousands have taken to the streets to protest Irish Water and there have been a mere handful of minor incidents.

The way some ejits are going on, you'd think people were carrying machetes and machine guns.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Tony EH wrote: »
    Hundreds of thousands have taken to the streets to protest Irish Water and there have been a mere handful of minor incidents.

The way some ejits are going on, you'd think people were carrying machetes and machine guns.

yea, only throwing bricks at guards, random misiles at the Tainaiste, and hopping in front of government cars.

It's always the way. Two very small incidents take place and they jump all over it. A few months ago it was "sure all the protesters are just crustys and people on the dole". Clutching at straws is all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ClaireMorris

From a logical point of view every connection should be metered and consumers should pay for what they use or waste.

FG & Lab have handled a lot of things very badly. They are almost as bad as FF. SF are only using the whole situation for publicity.

Very few politicians have empathy with the people who sat quietly for the last few years while they were being screwed for something that was not of their doing.

Water is not the real issue here but it is a suitable stick to beat politicians. FF and SF should not be allowed come on side with the water protesters. They also should be beaten with this stick.

The politicians war cry " We have made mistakes but now we are listening to the people " is really pathetic. They have carried on exactly where FF left off. Look at their expenses and the jobs for the boys mentality.

When FG & Lab have been drowned by the water fiasco what are we left with... surely not FF and God forbid sinn fein will survive the abuse scandal... the are just a bunch of hypocrites...

What are we left with..... God help us

yea, only throwing bricks at guards, random misiles at the Tainaiste, and hopping in front of government cars.

The brick incident wasn't related to any protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ClaireMorris

gladrags wrote: »
    It is now gone well beyond any of the established parties.

They are part of the problem, we need to seriously look outside the parties that we know to be corrupt, and stop the rot.

The country is in crisis, and we need alternatives,quick.

Kenny has no mandate, so an immediate election in light of the IW fiasco, is the first priority.

I hope you are saying to look outside FF, Lab, FG & SF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

It has.
    Only because another Garda put his knee in front of the bollard.
    She praised that Garda today for 'saving her life'. Fair play to him.

Here's how you read it yesterday.
    Pain?

Looked to me it was more of a "WTF did we just do"? Pose.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Stargate wrote: »
    Yeah me comprende alright . I see where your coming from :rolleyes:

So what has a job i did in the past got to do with idiots trying to fling themselves in front of a car got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nope

Not until this happens

And in none of those cases were the perps shot or killed as a result.

So much for all the bluster about how the woman would have been immediately shot in other countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Pigfoot wrote: »
    Why cant they just do it the old irish way and say 'sure arrah isnt that the way its always been'.

That attitude is well and good and has always been a part of our charm. It is time and time again abused by gombeen, corrupt politicians. I cannot believe FG are going to stick with JT and co. Typical 'ah shur it will be grand' from them. Not this time Enda, its not washing with Joe public and what I really hope to see resulting from these protests is real reform and new politics that means FG/FF and Labour never set foot in Dail Eireann again.

If economic recovery is set back and we have a Dail full of Independants/SF/PBP so be it. A vaccum will need to be filled on the right and I hope the right people will come together.It wont be a quick transformation but in the long run the country will be all the better for it. People feel they have little to lose and thats the difference now.

• Advertisement

That attitude is well and good and has always been a part of our charm. It is time and time again abused by gombeen, corrupt politicians. I cannot believe FG are going to stick with JT and co. Typical 'ah shur it will be grand' from them. Not this time Enda, its not washing with Joe public and what I really hope to see resulting from these protests is real reform and new politics that means FG/FF and Labour never set foot in Dail Eireann again.

If economic recovery is set back and we have a Dail full of Independants/SF/PBP so be it. A vaccum will need to be filled on the right and I hope the right people will come together.It wont be a quick transformation but in the long run the country will be all the better for it. People feel they have little to lose and thats the difference now.

Im actually annoyed at the fact that this stuff (John Tierney, Coleman Sheehey, Hubert Kearns, double jobbing as ministerial drivers etc ) has been buried, lost in the noise. I and many others are intelligent enough to realise that our water works needs investment and like it or not the cash has to come from somewhere. Its the utter unfairness and double standards that makes me say '**** you, I have more pressing things to do with my wages than to line you and your mates pockets".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

So what has a job i did in the past got to do with idiots trying to fling themselves in front of a car got to do with anything?

Maybe its just me . You worked as a doorman.
    Maybe its your thought process , mentality ?
    You think it's ok to shoot people , just saying .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So you know my mentality because i worked as a doorman? I also worked as a soldier for many years so what? Do you often judge people you don't know and have no knowledge of simply by the work they do? Says more about you than me tbh.

Not tonight mate- BANG
    No Runners- BANG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

OH MY GOD WHAT A F*CKIN NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!

SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN, SHUT IT ALL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TOTAL WATER BALLOON ANARCHY!!!!

OH MY GOD WHAT A F*CKIN NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!

SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN, SHUT IT ALL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TOTAL WATER BALLOON ANARCHY!!!!

In fairness thats three acts of anarchy. Two more and it'll be a handful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Can anyone tell me the logic of having the Right2water march in December on a Wednesday? Surely that will damage the numbers?

Can anyone tell me the logic of having the Right2water march in December on a Wednesday? Surely that will damage the numbers?

It's International Human Rights Day. Hopefully it's been planned so far in advance so everyone who wants to go can book time off work if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Don't be stupid. You think she should have been shot.

Bloody absurd.
    I didn't say i think she should have been shot, I said i would have no problem if she had been shot.
    Just a question please , If that was your own daughter would you still say the same?

Just wondering?
    Can you please answer the question ? Thank you .

A simple yes or no will do .
    You did ? Looked like you dodged it .

You said you'd have no problem with the young lady being shot.
    I asked if it was your own daughter would you say same?
    Your answer is a bit of a cop out in fairness.
    You sure your not a politician ? So in your opinion the girl should have been shot !! :eek:
    Great , just wanted to clear that up so there was no confusion.
    Yeah me comprende alright . I see where your coming from :rolleyes:
    So you know my mentality because i worked as a doorman? I also worked as a soldier for many years so what? Do you often judge people you don't know and have no knowledge of simply by the work they do? Says more about you than me tbh.

Why didn't say you like to play with guns and it is ok to shot people .

Would have saved time if you saw it my way to begin with . :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Pigfoot wrote: »

That's not what I'm talking about all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement