Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Alun wrote: »
    And you think that'll stop it working?

I do not know. I know they are read by "drive by" method, perhaps it will stop the signal getting out, and if it does and they try a manual read, good luck. Regardless of what happens, I simply will not pay a single cent.

I just rent my house anyway, so when I move I will be making sure I get a house with a well. The last 3 years I've had that and the water was far superior. I have to buy bottled water for my coffee machine as it was very expensive and I've replaced a lot of kettles. I had to buy, or rather the landlord bought a new washing machine, last one didn't last a year due to water damage.

I wont even start on the amount of shower heads I've had to replace, I wouldnt bother a landlord with something like that. Its bad for your hair too. Whenever I'm in Dublin and have a shower the difference is very noticeable, soft clean hair! If paying the bill guaranteed purer water, I would pay, but as far as Irish Water are concerned the water is safe to drink, so nothing will be done. So forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I do not know. I know they are read by "drive by" method, perhaps it will stop the signal getting out, and if it does and they try a manual read, good luck. Regardless of what happens, I simply will not pay a single cent.

I just rent my house anyway, so when I move I will be making sure I get a house with a well. The last 3 years I've had that and the water was far superior. I have to buy bottled water for my coffee machine as it was very expensive and I've replaced a lot of kettles. I had to buy, or rather the landlord bought a new washing machine, last one didn't last a year due to water damage.

I wont even start on the amount of shower heads I've had to replace, I wouldnt bother a landlord with something like that. Its bad for your hair too. Whenever I'm in Dublin and have a shower the difference is very noticeable, soft clean hair! If paying the bill guaranteed purer water, I would pay, but as far as Irish Water are concerned the water is safe to drink, so nothing will be done. So forget it.

Is your issue that you need a water softener?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I have to buy bottled water for my coffee machine as it was very expensive
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

seamus wrote: »
    That's exactly what I did. And that's exactly my point, that anyone standing in the crowd who gives an attendance figure is completely talking through their hole. I'm glad you understand.

You stand by the 1000 figure then lol. Good luck haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Incredible it seems to be much much bigger than the last one given its a weekday. Surely this is the final nail in IW coffin.

Do you genuinely believe what you're saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Incredible it seems to be much much bigger than the last one given its a weekday. Surely this is the final nail in IW coffin.

:rolleyes:

Damn you Enda Kenny and your limestone soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Brabant, and no, I'll be bringing a car. Will be volunteering over the Christmas period and donate, as per usual, in lieu of gifts. We appreciate the fact that we have more than most and don't pretend that just because we're in the 99%, that the 1% are trying to steal from us and that we are in some way marginalised by being the squeezed middle.

Great. You're very welcome. Leave an aul donation of €176 to IW while you're here like a good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hmmm wrote: »
    FFS. There's enough police around now to remove them.
    yet its doubtful they will bother thankfully, as much of the police would agree with the protests. they are being screwed for more money they haven't got. fair play to all, block up the city

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Did ya get that spoon in Ikea?

• Advertisement

I am personally disappointed that you are paying for a mobile phone with 3G, and protesting about €3 a week for water. You can live without a phone, not water.
    he can live without paying for it though to government cronies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Do you genuinely believe what you're saying?

I can see it with my own eyes. The numbers are far greater. The people aren't buying the spin anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

No chance. I'm at it now and had a good high view before getting out of the office. I'd say it looks like pushing 50K max. Obviously an estimate. When standing here it can easily feel like there are hundreds of thousands. But when you see it from above. It looks a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

magma69 wrote: »
    Don't really understand the motives of the people on this thread desperately trying to undermine everything about this protest.

Thats exactly what they are trying to do. Undermine the protest and sway middle ground opinion. There seems to be a huge offensive this morning from them as the anti water posters are out protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

yet its doubtful they will bother thankfully, as much of the police would agree with the protests. they are being screwed for more money they haven't got. fair play to all, block up the city

Why though? Why would blocking people's, who may or may not have protested, way home be a good thing? How does disrupting the other common man's life in any way stick it to the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I think you are right. I was up there as I said for 30 minutes and there was at least 25,000 people there I reckon. I'd say the governmant thought only half of that might turn up. Not bad for a Work day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭rameire

seems to be many hundreds of people back on O'Connell street and O'Connell bridge.
    are people escaping before Russel Brandi turns up.
    or is there another meeting point they are heading too.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

LorMal wrote: »
    Great. You're very welcome. Leave an aul donation of €176 to IW while you're here

Welcome in my own home? How gracious of you? I'll pay my water bill as and when I get it. The water in Cork has always been fine to my memory, my parents and grandparents had, have and will have their own wells and growing up in the city if there were disruptions to the water supply ample notice was given. What was more than evident, however, were the leaks and flooding in the event of heavy rain. Infrastructure needs improvement and the money hole that is "general taxation" won't cover or prioritise it.
    LorMal wrote: »
    like a good man.

Hate to be pedantic, but I haven't had a sex change to the best of my knowledge.

fair play to all, block up the city

Moronic.

hmmm wrote: »
    Don't you worry about that, the rest of us eejits will pay for you. Is there anything else we can get you to make you more comfortable?
    good boy. only you, completely gone, and a couple of others on this thread will be paying. the rest won't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

rameire wrote: »
    seems to be many hundreds of people back on O'Connell street and O'Connell bridge.
    are people escaping before Russel Brandi turns up.
    or is there another meeting point they are heading too.

He isn't coming is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

My issue is that greedy corrupt Governments and private companies want to charge twice for a commodity. At every opportunity more and more funds are being scraped form the middle to low incomes to fatten up the rich. Wealth disparity is on the increase and the Government is not representing the people who elected it.

Water charges are just another nail in the coffin. Austerity measures have been bordering on criminal for a lot of people. At a time when people are hoping there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, along come the fat cats to rape them a little more. A culture of just throwing our hands up in the air and a "what can we do?" attitude has been established, the people, who are nothing more than worker ants in a colony for the corporations, are being pushed and pushed and pushed and eventually at some point something has to give. When that point will come I do not know, I do not think it will be the water. Not if I was to judge the views expressed on here.

Corporations crush revolutions, lobbying the Government for changes to benefit them and rob the people. We need a leader, someone inspirational enough to move the masses and only then will changes be forced.

That person is not me, but I will do my own personal bit and I will never ever pay for a cent in direct water charges.

Simon Daly ‏@SimonJDaly 10s10 seconds ago

#waterprotest Rambling towards O Connell street. Chants of "block up the city". Not too clear how pissing off commuters helps the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I can see it with my own eyes. The numbers are far greater. The people aren't buying the spin anymore.

How many would you say? 120,000, 150,000, 300,000? How come no one else is saying that many? how can you see to the back of the crowd to know how many there are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Eirigi "Be a Parrot"
    That's how i read that. Thought those headbangers had finally lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Birneybau wrote: »
    Why though?

If those tossers* try it again on O' Connell St like they did last time during rush hour later I may use them as a ramp.

Not water protesters, im talking about Eirigi/Republican Voice and Republican Sinn Fein.

and eventually at some point something has to give.
    That point clearly comes after the purchase of the expensive coffee maker however. It's not exactly Syria is it?

My issue is that greedy corrupt Governments and private companies want to charge twice for a commodity. At every opportunity more and more funds are being scraped form the middle to low incomes to fatten up the rich. Wealth disparity is on the increase and the Government is not representing the people who elected it.

Water charges are just another nail in the coffin. Austerity measures have been bordering on criminal for a lot of people. At a time when people are hoping there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, along come the fat cats to rape them a little more. A culture of just throwing our hands up in the air and a "what can we do?" attitude has been established, the people, who are nothing more than worker ants in a colony for the corporations, are being pushed and pushed and pushed and eventually at some point something has to give. When that point will come I do not know, I do not think it will be the water. Not if I was to judge the views expressed on here.

Corporations crush revolutions, lobbying the Government for changes to benefit them and rob the people. We need a leader, someone inspirational enough to move the masses and only then will changes be forced.

That person is not me, but I will do my own personal bit and I will never ever pay for a cent in direct water charges.

All credit to the empty rhetoric of revolutionary communism..... But I think you just have limescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

... I would pay, but as far as Irish Water are concerned the water is safe to drink, so nothing will be done. So forget it.
    It is safe to drink, it's just hard water that's all. I lived in a hard water area like that for all of my childhood and I'm still alive. A bit of calcium carbonate never did anyone any harm, plus dependent on where you get your well water from, you aren't guaranteed that that won't be equally as bad. Your landlord should have invested in a water softener perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

cloud493 wrote: »
    He isn't coming is he?

Probably.

Christmas is only weeks away and he's got an anti-capitalism book to promote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement