Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hmmm wrote: »
    Simon Daly ‏@SimonJDaly 10s10 seconds ago

#waterprotest Rambling towards O Connell street. Chants of "block up the city". Not too clear how pissing off commuters helps the cause.
    us commuters all have to suffer for the greater good. if were blocked tough

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Essien wrote: »
    Probably.

Christmas is only weeks away and he's got an anti-capitalism book to promote.

"Daaaan wif capitalism..... Buy my bookey-wook"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Probably.

Dubray books already tweeted about it in a nice bit of product placement

Dubray Books ‏@DubrayBooks 34m34 minutes ago

Cold after all that protesting? Come to our Grafton St store to warm up & find an inspirational read #waterprotest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What greater good though? Leinster House is about a mile back that-a-way. Just fcukers hijacking a protest for their own stupid reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

The proceeds of the book aren't going into his pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Of course its money grabbing, we are running a huge deficit, a third of our spending is on sicial welfare, then loans etc, that needs to be paid back, it has to come from somewhere.

Well then to the Government I say - don't p*ss on me and tell me its raining. If its about money, then f*cking say it is - instead of this preservation of a natural resource nonsense. €80,000,000 spent on consultancy fees and not one pipe fixed? Its a quango and will be sold off in due course and you can then make your "its only 3e a week" nonsense comments.
    yipeeeee wrote: »
    Do you think enda and Joan are planning to pocket all the money made from Irish water?

Not at all - they are all sorted with "legitimate" salaries, expenses and pensions coming out of their wazoo!

However, Denis O'Brien gets a healthy fecking cut and that makes me sick to my stomach.

As for the rest of ye on here b*tching and moaning about democracy and people actually doing something rather than sitting on your arse and complaining, I'm sure you are much more put out by a minor traffic disruption than say, a carer who looks after their parents and can't afford one more cent. You make us proud to be Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Probably.

Whose proceeds are going to fund community projects in East London and aid addicts in recovery.

A bit different from Enda spending a knee-jerk few hours with the homeless and spraying them with his crocodile tears at the behest of his handlers and pr people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Alun wrote: »
    It is safe to drink, it's just hard water that's all. I lived in a hard water area like that for all of my childhood and I'm still alive. A bit of calcium carbonate never did anyone any harm, plus dependent on where you get your well water from, you aren't guaranteed that that won't be equally as bad. Your landlord should have invested in a water softener perhaps.

I never said it would kill me. It would kill my coffee machine. By the way not once did I say i was struggling, I have all manner of nice things. That was not my point though, the point is I will not pay for it, whether I can afford it or not. Taxes pay for the water, always has done.

I'm drinking a cup of the coffee right now, freshly ground Greenbean latte, with a splash of caramel with a delicious cappuccino flavoured biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Birneybau wrote: »
    What greater good though? Leinster House is about a mile back that-a-way. Just fcukers hijacking a protest for their own stupid reasons.
    I wouldn't bother arguing with him, he'll just reply with "no they aren't" all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Don't worry they'll have hit the pubs by 430pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

I need to drive in to the city this evening (6pm or so). Will Merrion Square be accessible by car by that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Taxes used to pay for the water, always has done. but don't do any more.
    FYP

An awful lot of protests seem to fizzle out these days because protestors block commuters. People will put up with the city being blocked for a few hours, but they hate being blocked when they're trying to get out of work/pick up the kids.

I'm surprised that the protestors themselves haven't accused the Irish flag crowd of being employed by the government to deliberately cause commuter trouble and wreck protests.

magma69 wrote: »
    The proceeds of the book aren't going into his pocket.

Terrific, as a multi, multi millionaire (thanks to capitalism) I'm pleased "the system" he rails against has afforded him his altruism.

mugs11 wrote: »
    I need to drive in to the city this evening (6pm or so). Will Merrion Square be accessible by car by that stage?

Yeah it should be fine. Clear by 430pm was the plan. I heard someone ask the same question earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Terrific, as a multi, multi millionaire (thanks to capitalism) I'm pleased "the system" he rails against has afforded him his altruism.

Caught out?

Shur just do the following......

Goalposts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goalposts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

An awful lot of protests seem to fizzle out these days because protestors block commuters. People will put up with the city being blocked for a few hours, but they hate being blocked when they're trying to get out of work/pick up the kids.

I'm surprised that the protestors themselves haven't accused the Irish flag crowd of being employed by the government to deliberately cause commuter trouble and wreck protests.

Can I ask why you have so much disdain towards today's protest and protesters? I take it from your posts that you will be paying the water charge and that's your right to do so. Whatever the outcome of today you will still plan on paying it, so why waste so much time posting about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mugs11 wrote: »

:D

mikom wrote: »
    Caught out?

Shur just do the following......

Goalposts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goalposts

Caught out?

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Why are they blocking traffic? Why do they do this every fcuking time? It's just wrecking any goodwill on the part of the general public towards their own protest.

Why go out of your way to annoy ordinary Joe Soaps just trying to get around? What's the objective?

Brings my fcuking piss to a boil

• Advertisement

Can I ask why you have so much disdain towards today's protest and protesters?
    My disdain in my post was towards those protesters that think that blocking commuters is some sort of valid protest against the government.

Can you explain the thinking to me? Because it just seems like arrogance to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I never said it would kill me. It would kill my coffee machine.
    That was not my point though, the point is I will not pay for it, whether I can afford it or not.
    Why are you revising what you said like ten posts ago?
    You claimed that you refused to pay on the basis that you believed your water to be unsafe;
    If paying the bill guaranteed purer water, I would pay, but as far as Irish Water are concerned the water is safe to drink, so nothing will be done.
    And then as soon as it was pointed out to you that in fact your water is perfectly safe and IW cannot change the fact that hard water comes out of your taps, you change tack to some vague rant about austerity.

You've basically just demonstrated that you're not interested in solutions in the slightest. You just want to protest and are scrambling around looking for things to protest about. At least be honest with yourself if not us.

This is exactly the kind of vague undirected protesting that's been going on in this country since 2010. Protesting about stuff and things, but nothing in particular. It's farting in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

My disdain in my post was towards those protesters that think that blocking commuters is some sort of valid protest against the government.

Can you explain the thinking to me? Because it just seems like arrogance to me.

Was more this part I picked up on

"I'm surprised that the protestors themselves haven't accused the Irish flag crowd of being employed by the government to deliberately cause commuter trouble and wreck protests."

It's not just that one post I was referring to though, there are pages and pages of you posting similar things to the above quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Traffic mayhem in town, would yiz ever fcuk off out of the road? Some of us have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Caught out?

How?

Because you implied he's hypocritically promoting his book for his financial benefit. But you know this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

I suspect that those going on about there being 100,000 people out have never been to an All Ireland and seen what 80,000 people together look like. Because I haven't seen any pictures suggesting anything like the size of an All Ireland crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Piss poor turn out from those people who like to collect money from those of us do work every week. I was under the impression it was going to bring down d gubberment etc corporate whores, etc etc.

Massive scobie failure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

Birneybau wrote: »
    :D

Got my priorities right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement