Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I heard there's 63 million people at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Trond wrote: »

There's still hope you'll find yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I heard there's 63 million people at it.

Last I heard Brendan Ogle had revised it to, eh... 75-78 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Why are they blocking traffic? Why do they do this every fcuking time? It's just wrecking any goodwill on the part of the general public towards their own protest.

Why go out of your way to annoy ordinary Joe Soaps just trying to get around? What's the objective?

Brings my fcuking piss to a boil

Stop complaining and just park your car and join the protest, do something useful ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

magma69 wrote: »
    Because you implied he's hypocritically promoting his book for his financial benefit. But you know this already.

No, I called out a millionaire (thanks to capitalism) railing against capitalism..... while still being a millionaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Stop complaining and just park your car and join the protest, do something useful ffs.

With that sort of sentiment it's no wonder people aren't parking their cars and joining as you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

EazyD wrote: »
    There's still hope you'll find yours.

You sound pretty intelligent I must say. What does blocking traffic achieve?

Have a look at who's joining them now Eirigi muppets and their green banners.

I was at the protest earlier were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I suspect that those going on about there being 100,000 people out have never been to an All Ireland and seen what 80,000 people together look like. Because I haven't seen any pictures suggesting anything like the size of an All Ireland crowd

I don't agree with the 100k assessment by some. But when is the last time you seen the entire All Ireland final attendance march down O Connell street? You can't judge the crowd size when you are moving in the middle of it. Unless you leave the stadium by helicopter. If so, my apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Trond wrote: »
    You sound pretty intelligent I must say. What does blocking traffic achieve?

Have a look at who's joining them now Eirigi muppets and their green banners.

I was at the protest earlier were you?

Seems to have hit a nerve. Just a window of opportunity you left open, don't take it to heart hun xoxo

*And yes I'm still here at it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Lets face it, the only way that this might have caused ructions in the government were if the numbers were so vast that everyone was completely taken aback. Whatever the number is (and there will be pages of arguing as to whether is was 30 or 50 or more thousand) it seems pretty clear that the numbers turning out today are just not of that scale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Good to see the march getting some coverage on BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30412783

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Usual rent a mob protesters who have no problem taking money of the state every week. Id say 15k of them. Massive failure for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Can't get a live image for o'connell bridge. Wanted to see if the eirigi crowd had stopped blocking the street yet.

I never said it would kill me. It would kill my coffee machine. By the way not once did I say i was struggling, I have all manner of nice things. That was not my point though, the point is I will not pay for it, whether I can afford it or not. Taxes pay for the water, always has done.

I'm drinking a cup of the coffee right now, freshly ground Greenbean latte, with a splash of caramel with a delicious cappuccino flavoured biscuit.

ha - fair play to you - you're dead right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Seems to have hit a nerve. Just a window of opportunity you left open, don't take it to heart hun xoxo
    MOD: Give the bitchiness a rest. That goes for everyone else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Thought Id unearthed a proper working class hero like the lads below!!! Carry on :-)

green banners to the right

site16Camera6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

seamus wrote: »
    Why are you revising what you said like ten posts ago?
    You claimed that you refused to pay on the basis that you believed your water to be unsafe;And then as soon as it was pointed out to you that in fact your water is perfectly safe and IW cannot change the fact that hard water comes out of your taps, you change tack to some vague rant about austerity.

You've basically just demonstrated that you're not interested in solutions in the slightest. You just want to protest and are scrambling around looking for things to protest about. At least be honest with yourself if not us.

This is exactly the kind of vague undirected protesting that's been going on in this country since 2010. Protesting about stuff and things, but nothing in particular. It's farting in the wind.

"What do we want?"
    "WE DON'T KNOW!"
    "When do we want it?"
    "CHANGE!"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,292 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lets face it, the only way that this might have caused ructions in the government were if the numbers were so vast that everyone was completely taken aback. Whatever the number is (and there will be pages of arguing as to whether is was 30 or 50 or more thousand) it seems pretty clear that the numbers turning out today are just not of that scale

Not sure I agree there. We had very similar comments on here downplaying the numbers of the first protest and it eventually forced a rather unprecedented climb down by the government. Seems like the same line is being taken here by the pro charges / government posters.

I think it looks like 10's of thousands (how many 10's, somewhere between 3 and 6 probably, is up for debate of course) have come out onto the streets on a cold / windy day coming up to Christmas. That IS significant in so far as it doesn't happen in this country often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Usual rent a mob protesters who have no problem taking money of the state every week. Id say 15k of them. Massive failure for them.

I saw Glen Hansard there myself, didn't know he was rent a mob! Didn't know I was one either but you learn something new about yourself every day I guess ;)

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Why are they blocking traffic? Why do they do this every fcuking time? It's just wrecking any goodwill on the part of the general public towards their own protest.

Why go out of your way to annoy ordinary Joe Soaps just trying to get around? What's the objective?

Brings my fcuking piss to a boil

why did you bring your car today of all days??

• Advertisement

I'd say you're wrong. Fun game this though I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

seamus wrote: »
    Why are you revising what you said like ten posts ago?
    You claimed that you refused to pay on the basis that you believed your water to be unsafe;And then as soon as it was pointed out to you that in fact your water is perfectly safe and IW cannot change the fact that hard water comes out of your taps, you change tack to some vague rant about austerity.

You've basically just demonstrated that you're not interested in solutions in the slightest. You just want to protest and are scrambling around looking for things to protest about. At least be honest with yourself if not us.

This is exactly the kind of vague undirected protesting that's been going on in this country since 2010. Protesting about stuff and things, but nothing in particular. It's farting in the wind.

Your post is a load of ****e. I said IW said its safe to drink, so wont do anything about it. I never said it was unsafe to drink. I said I had to buy bottled water so it did not damage my coffee machine. I also mentioned that its not great for the condition of my hair, the washing machine, the kettle, shower heads. So basically everything the water comes into contact with is adversely affected. Also just because some poster is still "alive" doesnt mean its done him no harm. Unless of course he is an expert, rather than the usual pish that gets posted by so called experts with their "ahhhhh sure its done no harm to me Ive been doing it all my life" meanwhile they are riddled by some ailment they didnt attribute to it. Im not saying the water is or isnt safe to drink, I do not know enough about it to qualify an opinion on its safety, I am however qualified to tell you it ruins every appliance it comes into contact with. So therefore its not fit for its purpose. They could treat the water to remove the impurities, but they choose not to. So if I have to buy a softener to properly filter the water so that it is fit for purpose, then I feel justified not to pay more for water, which has already been paid for by income tax.

Im am not protesting on behalf of anyone. I am not even protesting for myself, I am simply stating that I will not be paying it. I wouldnt be shouting "I wont pay" and then ****e myself late and pay up, I wont be paying full stop regardless of what measures they put in place. The same applies to me paying the TV licence, it just wont happen. That is another story for another day, I dont want to drag this off topic.

Ha! :) Very true. I amended my working day and commute plans today. 10k or 100k, there was always going to be significant afternoon and evening traffic disruption.

What if they don't want to join your protest? What if they just want to get home or collect the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd say you're wrong. Fun game this though I suppose!

Id say I'm right. There u go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Free will?

A citizen should be free to traverse the city without disruption from the quasi-communist mob that is Eirigi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

The government must be in shock after this. Time for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You realise they are also blocking buses and luas right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Free will?

A citizen should be free to traverse the city without disruption from the quasi-communist mob that is Eirigi.

Do you post here & complain about Patrick's Day aswell when streets are closed?

• Advertisement

Because I need it to do my work - surprisingly enough. I and anyone else's ability to drive around the capital shouldn't be impeded because Eirigi want to act the clown and have a ruck with the gardai.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement