Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Stargate wrote: »
    Why didn't say you like to play with guns and it is ok to shot people .

Would have saved time if you saw it my way to begin with . :pac:

I never played with guns and i never shot people so that kinda blows your "argument" out of the water ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Can anyone tell me the logic of having the Right2water march in December on a Wednesday? Surely that will damage the numbers?
    the logical explaination would be that FINALLY the protesters against austerity have realised that closing down the city on a Saturday is not good for the retail jobs that are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I never played with guns and i never shot people so that kinda blows your "argument" out of the water ;)

F C A was it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

the logical explaination would be that FINALLY the protesters against austerity have realised that closing down the city on a Saturday is not good for the retail jobs that are still there.

The past peaceful protests on Saturdays brought more business to the city.

Phoebas wrote: »
    She praised that Garda today for 'saving her life'. Fair play to him.

Here's how you read it yesterday.

Hi Phoebas do you know if she made a complaint yet , and if she did what do you think will be the outcome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

F C A was it? ;)

British army actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

:rolleyes:

That's not what I'm talking about all.

Ok. Try again in your surmisings and about how you know exactly the many many complex reasons why a good many people have an ethical reason for caring about where, why, how and who their hard earned tax money goes to.
    Thats certainly, as you say, 'sticking it to the man and hating Enda Kenny ' in a nut shell.
    And with good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Pigfoot wrote: »
    Ok. But what Im getting at is that there was no need for the second action. It was totally un warranted. She had been removed. It was pure aggression and one would expect a little better training in our police force. No?
    Remember Abbeylara where a mentally ill man was riddled with bullets. Dont arm our Guards until theyre trained !!!

As someone ha already said, she went back AFTER she had been removed so the second action WAS justified NOT Ok to defy the police! Not once, not twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hi Phoebas do you know if she made a complaint yet , and if she did what do you think will be the outcome?

With any luck she'll be laughed out of the building, or better yet, arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The past peaceful protests on Saturdays brought more business to the city.

So the ones who claim they cannot pay are out to spend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

BoatMad wrote: »
    perhaps you could point to where several billion in a budget deficit can be found merely by looking at "value for money"

Why do you keep going on about the budget deficit? Corruption and cronyism are separate issues. We could be running a massive budget surplus and we would still have a right to be pissed off if our bills were higher than they needed to be because people high up were getting golden handshakes and other such bullsh!t.

nm wrote: »

Ah good nm , while your here since you seem to have all the answer for me recently . Did you find these people yet ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93072552&postcount=3676

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why would she be arrested now if she wasn't yesterday?

Are gardai that inept that they need perps to walk into a station before they get arrested? :confused:

Also, why would she be laughed at by GSOC, to whom she'd be making the complaint?

You need to brush up on how these things work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Won't having a march on a Wednesday really damage numbers as all the 9-5/weekday workers will be very unlikely to attend?

Ah good nm , while your here since you seem to have all the answer for me recently . Did you find these people yet ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93072552&postcount=3676

I explained my statement in full, to which you replied that you were leaving and goodbye, twice or so, because you couldn't handle it.

Back for more, still can't get your head around it? Pity, you seem to love multi-quoting so much.

Embarrassing.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Won't having a march on a Wednesday really damage numbers as all the 9-5/weekday workers will be very unlikely to attend?

Kinda have to agree somewhat with that . Would have preferred a weekend tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

It'll only be the shinners and the scroungers so.........:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Graces7 wrote: »

I doubt they were all coming back with cars and buses full of electrical goods and clothes but I'm sure the majority of the 100,000 people had to go somewhere for something to eat, get a cup of tea somewhere etc.

Use a bit of common sense before trying to put people down yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Kinda have to agree somewhat with that . Would have preferred a weekend tbh.

It's world human rights day afaik.
    Water is a human right.
    If the crowd is even half as big as the last one, on a work day, this government is in big trouble.

Graces7 wrote: »

Not everyone is saying they cannot pay. There are wider issues at hand in relation to IW. You damn well know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's world human rights day afaik.
    Water is a human right.
    If the crowd is even half as big as the last one, on a work day, this government is in big trouble.

TBH, I can't see the same type of numbers turning out on the 10th, with it being a workday.

Especially if people are working on contracts, which seems to becoming an increasing and worrying norm in Irish working life.

Back for more.

I asked Phoebas a question and you jumped all over it . LOL

I would have thought it was "utterly obvious " to you mn that you stated something the other day
    which WAS NOT true and i pointed it out to you.

Sorry now , but if you don't want to hear the truth there isn't a whole pile i can do about that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

catallus wrote: »
    I can't wait to see how much the price increases over the years :)
    Two thousand Euro annually per household in five to ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No everyone is saying they cannot pay. There are wider issues at hand in relation to IW. You damn well know it.

I can pay at the moment, but I'm not paying people who are already millionaires for doing fück all.

Irish Water needs to be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FREETV wrote: »
    Two thousand Euro annually per household in five to ten years.

Where does this figure come from?

why would she be laughed at by GSOC, to whom she'd be making the complaint?

Because there is a video of her banging on the Taoiseach's car and she's also made admissions to the press about how she "saw an opportunity", which she leaped at, to attack the car that the Taoiseach was in. This despite already been removed by the Gardai once.

Complaining about the aftermath of such actions is, in my eyes, laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Because there is a video of her banging on the Taoiseach's car and she's also made admissions to the press about how she "saw an opportunity", which she leaped at, to attack the car that the Taoiseach was in. This despite already been removed by the Gardai once.

Complaining about the aftermath of such actions is, in my eyes, laughable.

Not to mention she's also said unequivocally that she was not thrown against anything and that in fact the Garda involved actually saved her life by stopping her head hitting the bollard and injured himself in the process.

Tony EH wrote: »
    TBH, I can't see the same type of numbers turning out on the 10th, with it being a workday.

Especially if people are working on contracts, which seems to becoming an increasing and worrying norm in Irish working life.

We could be surprised. I myself will leave the office and go down for a couple of hours. There will be plenty of people there in work attire hopefully that the government PR machine cannot label as dissidents or sinister or scroungers.

I asked Phoebas a question and you jumped all over it . LOL

I would have thought it was "utterly obvious " to you mn that you stated something the other day
    which WAS NOT true and i pointed it out to you.

Sorry now , but if you don't want to hear the truth there isn't a whole pile i can do about that tbh.

What in gods name are you trying to ramble on about? Dragging up more of your rubbish from the other thread, instead of addressing current posts?

Who cares actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Where does this figure come from?

Put it this way, I bet he had to stand up to take it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement