Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Daith wrote: »
    Well for one, Guards are being hit in the face.

Why the need for protesters protestor to resort to violence if they were able to behave themselves before?

FYP. All in all a good natured event given the huge numbers. Enda needs to do the right thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Yes, to those who can not afford it.
    You sayin let 'em starve?

It is already via job seekers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Idbatterim wrote: »
    they need to sort their spending or situation then, dont they? or should we simply keep handing out never ending increases because some were irresponsible or cant budget? How do you reckon I will get on if I go into the boss and say I'm poor with money or overextended myself, any chance of a pay rise? :rolleyes:

Seriously? Compassion level of zero.
    I sincerely hope you never become unemployed and can always afford your comfortable lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

FYP. All in all a good natured event given the huge numbers. Enda needs to do the right thing now.
    Not so good natured for all the commuters trying to get home now that you are deliberately blocking the city. Is there a right2work or a right2gohometothekids?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Enda needs to do the right thing now.

If Ends called an election because the far-left tell him to, then he is even stupider than he looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

If Ends called an election because the far-left tell him to, then he is even stupider than he looks.

Paul Murphy for Taoiseach? :pac:

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Paul Murphy for Taoiseach? :pac:

Free everything.... for everyone..... forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Tasden wrote: »
    Nope. Making a lot of assumptions there.

Most of those who can't actually afford it are those who work, not those on social welfare, and so aren't going to get anything from DSP.
    If someone who is working and not receiving any DSP payments cannot afford €3 a week, they need to have a long hard look at what they're spending each week.

Pictures from the last march in my local area a few weeks ago showed two women with the standard we can't afford to pay spiel sign. Both had cigarettes in their mouths at the time and I know one of them who reckons she smokes 40 a day. She can afford €20 each and every day for cigarettes but €3 a week is gonna break her. Ummm, ok then so. (Obv this isn't the reason why everyone reckons they can't pay but it made me smile when I saw the pic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

hmmm wrote: »
    Not so good natured for all the commuters trying to get home now that you are deliberately blocking the city. Is there a right2work or a right2gohometothekids?

Actually I agree with that. Bang out of order to be blocking O'Connell street! Im a victim of this aswell.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Where are the protests over Direct Provision or over our elderly and vulnerable being treated like animals while in care homes?

There are protests over water charges because those groups who are cheerleading the protest movement know there are votes in it for them.

I agree. There are groups and parties who are simply doing this for the votes. I have no time for them.

Thankfully I and I believe the majority of people are intelligent enough to think for ourselves. No chance of me voting for any of those parties. The reason they are getting all the coverage is because they have the political connections to generate publicity.

I'm sure the vast majority of protestors, like me have no political affiliations whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

He works for us and he'll do what he is told.

If those that are 'reasonable' still believe this government should be in power then Enda has nothing to worry about as voters will make the correct decision.

This is a democracy after all and if the majority don't believe their government is doing it's job then what do you think should happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Caliden wrote: »
    He works for us and he'll do what he is told.

If those that are 'reasonable' still believe this government should be in power then Enda has nothing to worry about as voters will make the correct decision.

This is a democracy after all and if the majority don't believe their government is doing it's job then what do you think should happen?

Majority???

Sorry where are you getting that from?

60k does not make the majority sorry to tell you.

Caliden wrote: »
    what do you think should happen?

Every 5 years hold an election..... (radical thought I know)

May 2016, you can vote for the communist utopia that snakes like Murphy & Coppinger promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

you can start forgetting irish water now, this corrupt government and IW are out on their arse tomorrow, and they know it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Well done to everyone today at the protest. You all should be very proud as you are patriots.

#theendayou

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Well done to everyone today at the protest. You all should be very proud as you are patriots.

#theendayou

Does that make me a traitor for going to work, paying taxes to improve the country? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

#theendayou

At the enda the day, it's all water under the bridge until someone loses an eye.

Too soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I see damo Dempsey and Glenn Hansard are now performing to the crowd.

Never miss a chance ay lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

yipeeeee wrote: »
    I see damo Dempsey and Glenn Hansard are now performing to the crowd.

Never miss a chance ay lads.

Bono and the lads would have played but they are tied up banking some dosh outside of Ireland in the Netherlands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

#theendayou
    Why are they patriots?

I had a day off today so I lay in bed till 11.30 before I sat on my arse in a lovely warm sitting room watching the Boardwalk Empire box set. Am I a patriot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

#theendayou

Staying young and trendy I see, using Hashtags that have no function on this website, here I'll add some for good measure ### :rolleyes:

If there was actually legitimate opposition to this charge and not just a show by the vocal minority then they would have had this at the weekend where people employed and in education could actually attend. Though it's not surprising the Left are pandering to their audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Why are they patriots?

I had a day off today so I lay in bed till 11.30 before I sat on my arse in a lovely warm sitting room watching the Boardwalk Empire box set. Am I a patriot?

Great show! Hope you enjoyed it! I would vote for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What's all this about "no sinister element"? What do you think will happen if the police ask the crowd with the Eirigi and 32CSM flags to stop blocking the bridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why are they patriots?

#whatwouldnuckydo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes, to those who can not afford it.
    You sayin let 'em starve?

Did I say let them starve?

Paul Murphy said food should be free for everyone, just as he believes water should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Falthyron wrote: »
    At the enda the day, it's all water under the bridge until someone loses an eye.

Too soon?

O'Connell bridge blocked already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Staying young and trendy I see, using Hashtags that have no function on this website, here I'll add some for good measure ### :rolleyes:

If there was actually legitimate opposition to this charge and not just a show by the vocal minority then they would have had this at the weekend where people employed and in education could actually attend. Though it's not surprising the Left are pandering to their audience.

If you were there today you would have seen many people join the march on their lunch breaks, quite a few members from here did that. I met a lot of students today as well. Sweeping generalization in the thread yet again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 one for all etc

A question on the set up of IW. Many refer to it as a quango. What does this actually mean as it seems to be a bad thing?
    And if IW is a quango does that mean that say ESB is as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Im surprised not one Keith Clancy post today but im sure hell be along presently

Oh the smugness I feel today is just fantastic

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Every 5 years hold an election..... (radical thought I know)

May 2016, you can vote for the communist utopia that snakes like Murphy & Coppinger promise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#General_election_results_since_1923

2011 wasn't 5 years.

You need to open your eyes a bit or maybe go outside because it's not a minority anymore.

Also, I'm not voting Murphy or Coppinger not that that's any of your business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement