Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Reports that an SUV mounted a footpath and hit a group of protesters before speeding away. At least one person rushed to hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Reports that an SUV mounted a footpath and hit a group of protesters before speeding away. At least one person rushed to hospital

From whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Why are they patriots?

I had a day off today so I lay in bed till 11.30 before I sat on my arse in a lovely warm sitting room watching the Boardwalk Empire box set. Am I a patriot?

https://francythat.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/boardwalk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm leaving work in half an hour via O'Connell Street from Baggot Street....anyone know what's the situation is like out there now? Will I be stuck on a bus all night???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Shite that sounds bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I'm trapped in an office on merrion street - our managing partner has given us permission to hit anyone over the head with the '67 Bordeaux if they break the cordon and create havoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

If someone who is working and not receiving any DSP payments cannot afford €3 a week, they need to have a long hard look at what they're spending each week.

Pictures from the last march in my local area a few weeks ago showed two women with the standard we can't afford to pay spiel sign. Both had cigarettes in their mouths at the time and I know one of them who reckons she smokes 40 a day. She can afford €20 each and every day for cigarettes but €3 a week is gonna break her. Ummm, ok then so. (Obv this isn't the reason why everyone reckons they can't pay but it made me smile when I saw the pic).

Mortgage/rent. Childcare. Travel to work costs.
    At one stage I had to work part time at the weekend relying on family to babysit in order to have enough to pay childcare for my weekday 9-5 job and enough for everything else on top. If I didn't have the second job I wouldn't have had enough to survive. I'd either have to give up my full time job or be in a constant overdraft.

FionnK86 wrote: »
    From whom?

The Journal

Here's a tweet about it

https://twitter.com/d8lab/status/542711686256656384

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Oh please be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I'm trapped in an office on merrion street - out managing partner has given us permission to hit anyone over the head with the '67 Bordeaux if they break the cordon and create havoc
    Trapped inside with nothing to eat except the leftover breakfast caviar you IW loving yuppie scum.

• Advertisement

Oh please be true.

Scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Does that make me a traitor for going to work, paying taxes to improve the country? :rolleyes:

I worked and protested to pay taxes to improve the country (which seems to be dis-improving instead) as did many. Whats your point?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I'm leaving work in half an hour via O'Connell Street from Baggot Street....anyone know what's the situation is like out there now? Will I be stuck on a bus all night???

I'd walk to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

From just now.

site16Camera6.jpg

Oh please be true.

Bit disrespectful and uncivil to wish someone harm protestor/garda/bystander or not :mad:

What if it was a family member of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Can I ask why you have so much disdain towards today's protest and protesters? I take it from your posts that you will be paying the water charge and that's your right to do so. Whatever the outcome of today you will still plan on paying it, so why waste so much time posting about it?
    he doesn't like protesters, striking workers, or anyone who stands up for themselves or tries to stand up for themselves

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Oh please be true.

You f**king weasel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Scumbag

They should all be mowed off the road for blocking roads in our Capital City. Filthy Eirigi scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

hmmm wrote: »
    Trapped inside with nothing to eat except the leftover breakfast caviar you IW loving yuppie scum.

Foie gras actually. Caviar is so 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

There's a lot of people there who just went for a look I'd say. Lots of teenage girls in full makeup. Bit like going to a GAA homecoming.

Thanks for the live link though. A lot of Sinn Féin posters around the place. "Sligo says no" contingent were full of them.

Post stinks as a sad, sad, desperate piece of work.

Let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Oh please be true.

Why are you wishing for someone to be hit by a 4x4 and sent to the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A smaller protest than earlier water protests.

The revolution has failed...safe from communism for a few more days...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

General numbers coming in now estimating 30k - 60k protestors. Pretty good numbers on the face of it, but looking overall like this has been a bit smaller than the protests on 11th October.

Which, considering the hype about "huge" protests on 10th December and the alleged anger in the population, would indicate that the anti-charges campaign is losing momentum; either people are placated by the changes introduced or they're becoming jaded by the whole thing.

Nothing for the government to worry about there today, they'll hold steady. Smaller protest and a big group of idiots have managed to piss off half a million commuters. The anti-charges movement has lost this battle today.

They should all be mowed off the road for blocking roads in our Capital City. Filthy Eirigi scum.

You should be mowed of Boards.ie. Filthy Troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Why are they blocking traffic? Why do they do this every fcuking time? It's just wrecking any goodwill on the part of the general public towards their own protest.

Why go out of your way to annoy ordinary Joe Soaps just trying to get around? What's the objective?

Brings my fcuking piss to a boil
    nobody cares, get over it, protests cause disruption, go another way

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Caliden wrote: »
    He works for us and he'll do what he is told.

You see that is what has in this fooking mess in the first place.

The politicans gave a big chunk of the people exactly what they wanted.
    Huge increase in public spending, huge increase in public sector wages based on what some earned in bubble industries, huge increase in social welfare to lazy fookwits who couldn't or rather wouldn't work in the country where thousands of immigrants were coming in to work, all the while giving decreases in taxes.

I have to laugh when you hear people complain that fianna fail should not have acted populist, listening to the people who wanted more and done what was best for the country, and now the current crowd are being told to do exactly what fianna fail did and become populist.
    Caliden wrote: »
    If those that are 'reasonable' still believe this government should be in power then Enda has nothing to worry about as voters will make the correct decision.

This is a democracy after all and if the majority don't believe their government is doing it's job then what do you think should happen?

The majority in Greece probably believes the government are doing a bad job and should reverse the austerity and the cuts.
    The thing is the people that lend them the money don't and will tell any new government who stop the cuts to bugger off and find the money in their magic money trees.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Jesus eirgi are scum but that's bit extreme I good slap they need runing them down jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

You're a lot, lot worse TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Your on a wind up.

Have to be.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    General numbers coming in now estimating 30k - 60k protestors. Pretty good numbers on the face of it, but looking overall like this has been a bit smaller than the protests on 11th October.

Which, considering the hype about "huge" protests on 10th December and the alleged anger in the population, would indicate that the anti-charges campaign is losing momentum; either people are placated by the changes introduced or they're becoming jaded by the whole thing.

They should have had it on a Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement