Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What did you expect to happen ? you folk were told many many times that there would be a large protest in Dublin city on the 10th of December, so you should have known this would happen and took the day off. You put yourself in this position.

So everyone who works in the city centre should have taken the day off? Good one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

What did you expect to happen ? you folk were told many many times that there would be a large protest in Dublin city on the 10th of December, so you should have known this would happen and took the day off. You put yourself in this position.

Ridiculous statement.

The protest campaign agrees with the Gardai to close certain streets for certain times of the day.

A bunch of communist scummers take it upon themselves to go outside the parameters of the managed protest & block roads, that were supposed to be open by now.

However it ain't Eirigi's fault.... its hard working families fault for not submitting to them.

No, not riduculous, a moronic statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

shinzon wrote: »
    as I predicted yesterday the deflation of the actual amount of numbers begins in earnest

Truly desperate and running scared, will expect this to go on for a few days then the second climbdown to begin, wont be called a climbdown of course but it will be

Shin

I don't think this will even be in the news any more the day after tomorrow

Unfortunately O'Connell street is always going to be a target for de revolution brigade who think what they're doing is any way comparable with 1916.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Post stinks as a sad, sad, desperate piece of work.

Let it go.

Why? I was watching the live link. I'm sure others would have seen it too. It was a lot of people, by some kind of trailer and a gang of teenage girls walked past all dolled up to the nines. Reminded me of when the Cork hurlers/ footballers would come back to the city in a bus having won an All Ireland. Then the Sligo Says No parade went past, about 30 people, half of whom were carrying Sinn Féin placards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hmmm wrote: »
    Would anyone who was protesting today like to tell the 100,000 Dublin bus commuters what time they will be allowed get home to their families at tonight?
    how would they know. you will get home when you do, so stop complaining. everybody knew they're was a protest today, up to you to amend your plans to get around any potential problems

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

papu wrote: »
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4gj41vIUAEqbfL.jpg

Blocking the bridges is pretty low. Especially during rush hour..
    Doesn't do them any favors

I don't agree at all with forceful blocking of traffic. If the roads are blocked because too many protesters turned up then not much can be done about that, but I'm not for purposely blocking traffic, that is out of order.

So everyone who works in the city centre should have taken the day off? Good one :rolleyes:

Or took a different route, or just deal with it and stop whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

FionnK86 wrote: »
    WHY....WHYYYYY....WHY did I seek to be employed on a full time basis...

You fool, FionnK86! Now, let that be a lesson to your ambition and success.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

how would they know. you will get home when you do so stop complaining. everybody knew they're was a protest today, up to you to ammend your plans to get around any potential problems
    Amend plans how? People have work to go to you know, and some of those workplaces happen to be in the city centre (shock!).

I look forward to your well-thought out answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

So I should have to lose a days wages because you and Eirigi want to wave placards around and might want to block the road?

What does blocking O'Connoll Bridge even achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

papu wrote: »
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4gj41vIUAEqbfL.jpg

Blocking the bridges is pretty low. Especially during rush hour..
    Doesn't do them any favors

What is the bloody point of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Idbatterim wrote: »
    has to be a troll, you earn over 100k, yet you have an issue with a few cent a day for water charges, but not the €41,131 a year you will pay in direct income taxes this year on a salary of €100,000? Good one! LOL!
    he doesn't want to pay more money for another quango headed by failed wasters

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A peaceful and organised protest which aims to show itself as a coherent group with a strong message, works with the Gardai to organise times and routes for the protest to ensure that a message is sent to the Government with the minimal disruption to the rest of the population.

The actions of these protestors goes to show what a mish-mash of fringe groups this shambles of a protest is.

A protest which severely disrupts the lives of your fellow citizens is pissing on your own shoes.

Everyone stuck in traffic tonight is someone who will now never join in any anti-charges protests because their impression of the protestors is of a group of disorganised half-wits and extremists.

Pat on the back for Paul Murphy and Eirigi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

They might have been able to plan a different route, had the protestors stuck to the protest areas agreed and prepared to be safe for them by the Gardaí.

Really sorry for whoever got knocked down, hope there are no serious injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

how would they know. you will get home when you do so stop complaining. everybody knew they're was a protest today, up to you to ammend your plans to get around any potential problems

People don't expect a bunch of fcuking eejits stopping fellow PROTESTERS from getting home. Can you understand that or do you want me to draw a cartoon for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Ah diddums.

Excuse me while I go and get a violin to play a very sad song just for you.

The attitude I've come to expect from your lot. Did you enjoy your day out?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The protest was meant to take place around Dáil Éireann, now there are hundreds of people blocking one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city. How the hell are people supposed to plan for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

naughtb4 wrote: »
    No movement on O Connelly Street bridge, could be a long night for commuters

An anti water charge supporter on the news just now, when asked about the disruption caused to commuters because of the O'Connell Bridge blockage, said that there was "no need to apologise" for the inconvenience !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there any live webcam working for O'Connell Bridge?

How many people are blocking it and why have Gardai not moved them yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The same could be said about water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I didn't know there was a protest until someone mentioned it to me yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Ah bless a few people stuck in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Nice sneering attitude there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is there any live webcam working for O'Connell Bridge?

How many people are blocking it and why have Gardai not moved them yet?

The fuzz d'ont go out on cold days, or when it is raining.

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    So I should have to lose a days wages because you and Eirigi want to wave placards around and might want to block the road?

What does blocking O'Connoll Bridge even achieve?

Please don't associate me with that crowd Eirigi, I have nothing to do with them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Im sure if it was a pro IW/Fine Gael march theyd only be too happy to be stuck in traffic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The amount of litter is unreal. Dirty ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

If you and others are that good at judging the size of crowds waiting to get home, then the idea that you can be trusted to account for the amount of protesters today is stupendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

No, A huge amount of Bus routes now cannot operate, which means people cannot get in and out of the city. This is the height of Christmas shopping so business will loose millions in Dublin City tonight. And by business I mean more than just retail.

Its not just people stuck in traffic. Again, these protestors fail to see the bigger picture. They see society as "me" and not "us".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement