Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Is there any live webcam working for O'Connell Bridge?

How many people are blocking it and why have Gardai not moved them yet?

Seriously, what numpties blocked the bridge? This undermines the movement. The Gardai will let this play out to let the bad feeling against the protesters build up. That will be the image on the papers tomorrow.

99.9% of people protested peacefully but the few that spoil it for everyone will get the most attention.

The amount of litter is unreal. Dirty ****.

Yeah, are you tarring a whole movement as dirty ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Seriously, what numpties blocked the bridge? This undermines the movement. The Gardai will let this play out to let the bad feeling against the protesters build up. That will be the image on the papers tomorrow.

99.9% of people protested peacefully but the few that spoil it for everyone will get the most attention.

From the pics I've seen on Twitter it looks like no more than a dozen or so people

Shouldn't be that hard to clear them like!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'd hazard a guess that he's tarring dirty littering **** as dirty ****, but yeah make that conclusion if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Im sure if it was a pro IW/Fine Gael march theyd only be too happy to be stuck in traffic :)

Yeah, makes sense :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Idbatterim wrote: »
    they need to sort their spending or situation then, dont they? or should we simply keep handing out never ending increases because some were irresponsible or cant budget? How do you reckon I will get on if I go into the boss and say I'm bad at handling money or overextended myself, any chance of a pay rise? :rolleyes:
    they do budget. but some people no matter how much they budget or cut back, won't be able to afford a charge to government cronies. they need to keep the money for rent and food and clothing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

From the pics I've seen on Twitter it looks like no more than a dozen or so people

Irish Times reporting that Gardai are stating that there are up to 35,000 on O' Connell Bridge :eek:

Edit: of course there's bloody not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Protestors blocking commuters should make a new political party called "Mé Féin" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Don't let a small group of people blocking traffic take over what went on today.

Couple of great pictures from the march I found on Twitter

B4f07mWIIAAaAYN.jpg

B4f1mltIMAAORTb.jpg

B4gHyFmIIAAWXxC.jpg

Part of the group that came over from Detroit meeting some Irish bachelors :P
    B4f70AoIcAAc-po.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Not quite live, but can give an idea of what's happening

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Updates every 15 min or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Hogzy wrote: »
    No, A huge amount of Bus routes now cannot operate, which means people cannot get in and out of the city. This is the height of Christmas shopping so business will loose millions in Dublin City tonight. And by business I mean more than just retail.

Its not just people stuck in traffic. Again, these protestors fail to see the bigger picture. They see society as "me" and not "us".

Suck it up first world problems. It's a protest.

Well done to all today wonderful turn out and a real blow to this corrupt government.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Suck it up first world problems.

YOLO, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Hogzy wrote: »
    No, A huge amount of Bus routes now cannot operate, which means people cannot get in and out of the city. This is the height of Christmas shopping so business will loose millions in Dublin City tonight. And by business I mean more than just retail.

Its not just people stuck in traffic. Again, these protestors fail to see the bigger picture. They see society as "me" and not "us".

The bigger picture is paying a water charge for the rest of their lives. A day's worth of business pales in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What movement is this? The 'cover the streets in litter' movement? Yeah, dirty ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Well done to all today wonderful turn out and a real blow to this corrupt government.

Just deluded.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Your on a wind up.

Have to be.
    i suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

They should be told they have 10 minutes to get off the road or the public order unit will be sent in.

Lets see how steadfast our little revolutionaries are in the face of the prospect of getting belted off the road by the riot police. At least in the unlikely event that they stick around, it would give the commuters of Dublin some recompence for their delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Im sure if it was a pro IW/Fine Gael march theyd only be too happy to be stuck in traffic :)
    Of course they wouldn't, that's the point. A protest is supposed to win hearts and minds and swing public opinion in one direction.
    You don't do that by pissing them off.
    This undermines the movement. The Gardai will let this play out to let the bad feeling against the protesters build up. That will be the image on the papers tomorrow.
    The Gardai have no pro-IW agenda, they don't give a flying fnck about the public sentiment about Irish Water, they just want this to be over and done with, with the minimal amount of hassle.

Likewise, there's no reason to assume the numbers being quoted are wrong. The Gardai have given no official numbers, so when the media quote "Garda sources", what they mean is that a reporter went and had a chat with a Garda down there and asked them what they think.
    That Garda has no particular reason to lie or lowball it.

Unlike Third World Problems, with no water and that.

How will normal protesters get home now?

What movement is this? The 'cover the streets in litter' movement? Yeah, dirty ****.

As would happen after every big event in the city centre. Ever see town at the end of Paddys day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

http://my.liveireland.com/page/webcams-1

http://www.camvista.com/ireland/dublin/dublin.php (doesn't seem to load for me)

Birneybau wrote: »
    Irish Times reporting that Gardai are stating that there are up to 35,000 on O' Connell Bridge :eek:

No. They are saying that between 30,000 and 40,000 protested today and that about 200 protesters moved to the junction of Westmoreland Street and O’Connell bridge and are blocking the road.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/water-charge-protests-over-30-000-demonstrate-outside-d%C3%A1il-1.2032524

Because hopefully someone finally stopped taking sh*t from jobless knuckle-dragging Communist republican thugs. Good to see someone standing up to Eirigi subversives.

If the Gardai had a backbone they'd have cleared the roads to prevent such a situation.
    you're a complete extremist who i would say is actually a danger to society unlike the bad few in the protests

I'm guessing you're about 16 with no responsibilities, job, kids or deadlines in your life.

How's the CSPE revision going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Lol a few roads blocked. Oh god help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Don't let a small group of people blocking traffic take over what went on today.

Couple of great pictures from the march I found on Twitter

B4f07mWIIAAaAYN.jpg

B4f1mltIMAAORTb.jpg

B4gHyFmIIAAWXxC.jpg

Part of the group that came over from Detroit meeting some Irish bachelors :P
    B4f70AoIcAAc-po.jpg

While i think they should protest, i do ask where were all these protests when the 45,000 euro debt was hung around the neck of every man women and child in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Birneybau wrote: »

I suspect that may be their figure for the original protest earlier. No way is there that many on the bridge!

Looks like 50 people tops. And they're just standing around sparsely. I can't understand why Gardai haven't moved them on yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

As would happen after every big event in the city centre. Ever see town at the end of Paddys day?

Yeah As ever when crowds gather here it's like a Bomb site . The irony us that the same mob out today protested against bin charges, ah well someone else will pick up the bill and sort it

Radiosonde wrote: »
    The bigger picture is paying a water charge for the rest of their lives. A day's worth of business pales in comparison.

So now we lose a days business AND get water charges - hooray for our brave protestors! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Lol a few roads blocked. Oh god help us all.
    Lol a measly €3 each week. Oh god help us all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement