Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Lol a few roads blocked. Oh god help us all.

I'm against water charges but them ejets blocking that road have NO right to do that at all none everyone of them could be and should be arrested under the public order act

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jimmii wrote: »

Looks like even less than 50 people 'blocking' the road there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

50? That's over 100,000. #ProtestMaths

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yipeeeee wrote: »
    But the while of town has been a disaster all day, could they not have went to the phoenix park and shouted, letting the rest of Dublin get on with their lives.

Inconsiderate.
    not at all. they can move around the peoples city and we can just plan ahead to try avoid the disruption

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Yeah As ever when crowds gather here it's like a Bomb site . The irony us that the same mob out today protested against bin charges, ah well someone else will pick up the bill and sort it

Language out of some posters is disgraceful. Mob, ****, scroungers. These are ordinary decent Irish citizens ffs. The minority come out and cause some trouble yet many posters tar everybody else with the same brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

As would happen after every big event in the city centre. Ever see town at the end of Paddys day?

It wasn't a party no matter how many of you acted like it was one. Just goes to show the level of personal responsibility that people possess, how hard is it to clean up after yourself, why should everybody else do it?? Can't you hold something in your hand for 5 minutes until you're passing a bin, or just put it in your bag until you get home??
    I suspect that may be their figure for the original protest earlier. No way is there that many on the bridge!

Looks like 50 people tops. And they're just standing around sparsely. I can't understand why Gardai haven't moved them on yet.

These people are aware that they are blocking traffic and annoying the s***e out of everyone. Can't they walk themselves out of the way???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Taxi for FG. Labour can get in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Actual people x 1000 = number of people protesting. Think thats how it normally works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

More crust on O'Connell bridge than in a fire at Pat The Baker's. Had to get a taxi. Have no issues with the main protest, but the right to protest has to be balanced with other rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Taxi for FG. Labour can get in the boot.

We should get a minibus for the trolls...

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »
    Not so good natured for all the commuters trying to get home now that you are deliberately blocking the city. Is there a right2work or a right2gohometothekids?
    get over it, its only a bit of a delay. go another way and stop whining. its only the odd day in the year this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just back from the city. When I was there, the luas was still being blocked at abbey street junction with o connell street. Half a dozen protester were also blocking the entrance to one of the fast food places on o connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

not at all. they can move around the peoples city and we can just plan ahead to try avoid the disruption

I'm still waiting for you to explain how one plans ahead when the protest area we were all told about is Leinster House and those idiots are blocking the traffic at O'Connell Bridge?

banquo wrote: »
    More crust on O'Connell bridge than in a fire at Pat The Baker's. Had to get a taxi. Have no issues with the main protest, but the right to protest has to be balanced with other rights.

Im off down to give them a bollocking the stupid fools!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

For those who rely on public transport they can't just go another way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for you to explain how one plans ahead when the protest area we were all told about is Leinster House and those idiots are blocking the traffic at O'Connell Bridge?
    You'll be waiting a long time I suspect. Plan ahead for something that wasn't supposed to happen, ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Im off down to give them a bollocking the stupid fools!!

Post a selfie of you tackling them, g'lad.

mikom wrote: »
    Post a selfie of you tackling them, g'lad.

Haha no seriously, I'm pissed off with this. I think they are too stupid to realise the damage they could do to this huge movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm walking home, as usual, 50 minutes but then I'm relatively young and fit.

Can't imagine elderly people, of whom I imagine many were at the LEINSTER HOUSE/MERRION SQUARE protest getting home easily. Guess they should have planned ahead. Freezing out too.

Just back from the city. When I was there, the luas was still being blocked at abbey street junction with o connell street. Half a dozen protester were also blocking the entrance to one of the fast food places on o connell street.

The revolution starts at supermacs? :pac:

• Advertisement

One could say those who organised this protest are as bad as those who organised the formation of Irish Water. :pac:

get over it, its only a bit of a delay. go another way and stop whining. its only the odd day in the year this happens

I'm starting to think you're one of the idiots blocking the road.

Could you ask your Eirigi friends what they hope to achieve with this action?

This isn't just incidental disruption - this is a bunch of headbangers purposely blocking out one of the busiest roads in our nations capital. I'm hours delayed as a result of it.

thats life. protests disrupt. up to you to plan ahead.
    Ask people who have kids to collect whether they care. What is the benefit to your protest of pissing people off?

because it will show their true colours. if they are pissed off over a bit of a delay rather then cronyism and the rest it shows they have contempt for their country. block the city

because it will show their true colours. if they are pissed off over a bit of a delay rather then cronyism and the rest it shows they have contempt for their country. block the city

Awful bang of Eirigi around here....

papu wrote: »
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4gj41vIUAEqbfL.jpg

Blocking the bridges is pretty low. Especially during rush hour..
    Doesn't do them any favors
    its not low at all. its very necessary and will do them a lot of favours

For the fifth time: HOW CAN YOU PLAN AHEAD WHEN THE TRAFFIC BLOCK IS IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AREA OF THE CITY THAN WHERE WE WERE ALL TOLD THE PROTEST WOULD BE?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What favours? Pissing of potential support is all it'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

So you're saying that their views aren't as important as yours then? That if they choose to oppose you then tough on them? Why aren't you president of the whole world??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

And here you are claiming to speak for a majority of the Irish people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Language out of some posters is disgraceful. Mob, ****, scroungers. These are ordinary decent Irish citizens ffs. The minority come out and cause some trouble yet many posters tar everybody else with the same brush.

happy enough with my use of the word mob

"mob
    \ˈmäb\
    noun
    1. a large group or crowd of people who are angry or violent or difficult to control

2. a large number of people"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement