Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Necessary for what? Alienating people from your protest?
    they're was no Alienating people from the protest. those who truely support it will continue, and those who never did would never start

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

EazyD wrote: »
    Says more about those on the fence than anything. "Oh 200 or so people disrupted my commute home, damn the whole movement!".

Nah, the stupidity of the movement does that all by itself anyway.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Why argue with anybody that's stupid enough to support Eirigi?

a shame for you that they don't support eirigi. i've nothing to do with them. withdraw the accusation

The public order unit should be sent in with dogs - watch how fast the crusties get off the road then. Watching Eirigi get gored off the road might even make for some entertainment for those stuck in traffic as a result of them
    can't be done as the gardai want this to end peacefully, so will wait it out. they're will be no blood shed to satisfy the blood lust of wild animals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

they're was no Alienating people from the protest.

That's not for you to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Just home after a long cold walk. All cross-city buses stopped. About 50 stupid looking ball-bags sitting on O'Connell Bridge. Hundreds standing at bus stops on the way home not knowing what was going on.
    Had to walk passed these morons, a right bunch of free loaders. Don't know why they were protesting, by the look of them they don't use much water to wash.
    Fcuk Paul Murphy, Boyd-Barrett and this shower of clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The public order unit should be sent in with dogs - watch how fast the crusties get off the road then. Watching Eirigi get gored off the road might even make for some entertainment for those stuck in traffic as a result of them

"Coming up next on ITV: 'I'm A Crusty, Get Me Out Of Here!'"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

they're was no Alienating people from the protest. those who truely support it will continue, and those who never did would never start

You realize you're fcuked then, if that's the case?

If you're giving up on trying to pursuade the middle ground (and are now in fact happy to just piss them off), then your number of supporters is a tiny fraction of the people. Might as well just hang up the dreadlocks and go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

RTE are still reporting Gardai said 30000-35000 yet I believe Gardai do not give out 'official' estimates.
    Anyone know for certain whether Garda give estimates officialy?

Is there much craic in being a member of Eirigi?
    i wouldn't know i'm not a member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

Can I drive through town yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The minister who set up Irish Water has said there are "forces" within the Department of the Environment who want to privatise the water network.

Fergus O'Dowd said there was good reason to be concerned about the possibility of Irish Water being sold to private hands.

The Fine Gael TD made his comments in the Dáil in the early hours of the morning, as TDs debated the Water Services Bill.

"We have reason to be concerned," he said. "I am convinced there are other forces at work here - not necessarily political forces - that are active and they do have an influence."

He said he wanted a ban on privatisation to be included in previous legislation, but that proposal was deleted.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/odowd-my-proposal-to-ban-irish-water-privatisation-was-deleted-654080.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ì genuinely have a hard time believing end of the road is a real person. He's like the boards equivalent of a **** republic of telly skit

a shame for you that they don't support eirigi. i've nothing to do with them. withdraw the accusation

I don't believe you. I think you're one of the cognatively impared people blocking the traffic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You don't have a clue whether that's the case. Stupid comment.

i'm not suggesting they get mowed down, just if they happen to get hit, then it's their own fault for sitting on a busy road where people might not see them until it's too late.

if they're going to block busy main roads in the capital during peak rush-hour, then it's their own fault for getting injured. fukc them.
    not fcuk them at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    RTE are still reporting Gardai said 30000-35000 yet I believe Gardai do not give out 'official' estimates.
    Anyone know for certain whether Garda give estimates officialy?

They do, yes. And Dublin Corporation puts the figure at 30,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

oh for **** sake I have to be on the other side of the city for 7:30 I thought this would be packed in by now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't believe you. I think you're one of the cognatively impared people blocking the traffic.

Who gives a fcuk what you believe?!

If you're going to call someone 'cognitively impaired' at least spell it right

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

can't be done as the gardai want this to end peacefully, so will wait it out. they're will be no blood shed to satisfy the blood lust of wild animals

I hope the guards leave them on the bridge all night, the more people they piss off the better imo. 30,000 people march, a couple of hundred bring the city to a standstill and cause a couple hundred thousand to blame the protesters in general. Idiots have shot themselves in the foot, goes to show the level of contempt these idiots hold towards people not in their little gang.

• Advertisement

If you're going to call someone 'cognitively impaired' at least spell it right

I think he was spelling it phonetically so the user would be able to read and understand what he was being called. :o

You, obviously. Enough to reply to it *blows kiss* ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Amazing day today and not one arrest im so proud of our people! :D

Bye bye FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Are Eirigi real? I can understand that a few fukwits would join them but surely the level of intellect involved in setting up an organisation would make it impossible for them to have been formed by themselves.
    It makes more sense that they are some devious plant with the purpose of discrediting legitimate protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Pocoyo wrote: »

Bye bye FG.

except for the lad arrested......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Bye bye FG.

You're correct in saying there wasn't one arrest, there were two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭893bet

Bye bye FG.

There will be no election before time. Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Im pissed off with the protesters on OConnell bridge so much so that I went to talk with them.
    I talked to 2 groups.

The first group was at the Westmoreland Street end. I asked them to get off the road because they were doing huge damage to the movement. The older fella said that they were taking the bridge and it wasn't done in 1916. I proceeded to explain that this was losing the movement support and images of this will be all over the papers tomorrow causing non social media saavy folk to turn against. Nice enough lads but naive to the damage they were doing. Its the only way they'll listen one said.

I then talked to a second group on the O'Connell St side. These lads were well covered up faces and all. I said straight out to them they should have thought about their actions and they have pissed off commuters and their images will be all over the media tomorrow. One fella said 'well its done now' and got a laugh out of it. These were unsavoury characters no doubt about it. One lad had his head covered in tatoos and he was giving an intense stare.

Anyone affiliated with these lads and you know what groups you are you have well and truly fooked up a good day. Seriously do they not think? We are winning.

Talked to gardai after who were anti water charge too on O'Connell st. They were of the same opinion as myself. ****ing it up for everyone else.

Im fuming tbh

I don't believe you.

i don't care what you believe. you're wrong. thats the end of it
    I think you're one of the cognatively impared people blocking the traffic.

well i don't think it, i know it for a fact i'm not

• Advertisement

Im pissed off with the protesters on OConnell bridge so much so that I went to talk with them.
    I talked to 2 groups.

The first group was at the Westmoreland Street end. I asked them to get off the road because they were doing huge damage to the movement. The older fella said that they were taking the bridge and it wasn't done in 1916. I proceeded to explain that this was losing the movement support and images of this will be all over the papers tomorrow causing non social media saavy folk to turn against. Nice enough lads but naive to the damage they were doing. Its the only way they'll listen one said.

I then talked to a second group on the O'Connell St side. These lads were well covered up faces and all. I said straight out to them they should have thought about their actions and they have pissed off commuters and their images will be all over the media tomorrow. One fella said 'well its done now' and got a laugh out of it. These were unsavoury characters no doubt about it. One lad had his head covered in tatoos and he was giving an intense stare.

Anyone affiliated with these lads and you know what groups you are you have well and truly fooked up a good day. Seriously do they not think? We are winning.

Talked to gardai after who were anti water charge too on O'Connell st. They were of the same opinion as myself. ****ing it up for everyone else.

Im fuming tbh

Fair play to you, I mean that sincerely.

It also explains why 'end of the road' hasn't posted in a while. How is he doing out on the bridge? Was he the one with the tattoos and his face covered? *waves*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement