Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

FREETV wrote: »
    Two thousand Euro annually per household in five to ten years.

I often wonder how far posters have to bend over when pulling random numbers from their asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I often wonder how far posters have to bend over when pulling random numbers from their asses.

Its not an unreasonable assumption to say that once the water charges are in place that they wont climb exponentially.

Just look at the rising cost of University Fees over the last ten years. I think I paid about 200 euro in my last year, now you're looking at around 2000 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Its not an unreasonable assumption to say that once the water charges are in place that they wont climb exponentially.

Just look at the rising cost of University Fees over the last ten years. I think I paid about 200 euro in my last year, now you're looking at around 2000 euro.

Ah here thats just ridiculous, its all speculation.

It also not unreasonable to expect them to stay at a relativly low level.

Its all just speculation, all over this thread speculation is attempting to being passed off as fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Not to mention she's also said unequivocally that she was not thrown against anything and that in fact the Garda involved actually saved her life by stopping her head hitting the bollard and injured himself in the process.

There were three Gardai involved. One of them stopped her head from hitting. One of the others was out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

nm wrote: »
    What in gods name are you trying to ramble on about? Dragging up more of your rubbish from the other thread, instead of addressing current posts?

Who cares actually.

It appears you do , i will let the link speak for itself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93072552&postcount=3676

Its self explanatory , your make comments you cannot back up and then try deflect the issue and then you say i avoid them . Kettle/Black eh?

Again your not telling the truth .

I think mynameisURL said it best to you.

" You need to brush up on how these things work"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Put it this way, I will leave the bending over and pulling of the random number from the asses to the ass***e politicians, who are running the Country in to the ground instead. ;):D

naughtb4 wrote: »

It also not unreasonable to expect them to stay at a relativly low level

Its more reasonable to expect them to rise, given the rise in electricity rates in recent years.

Remember when they brought in the household charge, and they just used it as a database to set up the property tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Its all just speculation, all over this thread speculation is attempting to being passed off as fact

You know what they say, don't you?

"You can wish in one hand and sh1t in the other. See which one gets full first" ;)

Put it this way, I will leave the bending over and pulling of the random number from the asses to the asshole politicians, who are running the Country in to the ground instead. ;):D

Yet we have the fastest growing economy in the EU, You're statement does not compute ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Yet we have the fastest growing economy in the EU, You're statement does not compute ;)

But Timberrrrrrrr , that's what they say , problem is people are not feeling that , or seeing the benefits .

• Advertisement

Stargate wrote: »
    But Timberrrrrrrr , that's what they say , problem is people are not feeling that , or seeing the benefits .

Ah so hundreds of jobs being announced, economy growing faster than the rest of the EU but still not good enough because it's not happening fast enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

The fastest growing massaged figures actually.
    Fiat currency is an elite tool used by big bankers engineered to bring about a boom bust cyclical cycle con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

You're statement does not compute ;)

Irony can be pretty ironic. ;)

The fastest growing massaged figures actually.
    Fiat currency is an elite tool used by big bankers engineered to bring about a boom bust cyclical cycle con.

I'm sorry but i don't subscribe to your conspiracy theories anymore.

Ah so hundreds of jobs being announced, economy growing faster than the rest of the EU but still not good enough because it's not happening fast enough :rolleyes:

How much of that is actual jobs being created though?

Real, workable jobs as opposed to Jobsbridge data scams and rising property prices.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Irony can be pretty ironic. ;)

Ohhhh you spotted a typo

Give that boy a tomato :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

Overlooked by many in these discussions unfortunately.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/ireland-set-to-become-fastest-growing-eu-economy-1.1987352

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

How much does he pay in USC, PRSI, Pension Levies, Insurance and Health Levies, VAT, VRT etc etc. on top of his Income Tax? Please ask him and come back and tell us.

If it might be helpful to the thread, we in Italy have had water metres since ever. We pay for what we use.
    The charge is about 1 euro every 1,000 litres, so, regarding my household, I pay something around 120 euro per year.
    We also pay 33% on our employee income, after the deduction for the pension (9% of the gross income) and for the national health service (600 euro per year).
    Our regular VAT is 22%, 10% on touristic services and 4% on food.
    Motor Tax depends on engine power and on where we live. In my region it's 2.58 euro per kW.
    I pay 400 euro per year for waste collection and 250 euro per year for property tax.

Nothing works, 25% of water is wasted along the route, roads are a mess, pension system is broken, sometimes the health system is a let down.

End of my Off-Topic :P

Fuhrer wrote: »
    How much of that is actual jobs being created though?

Real, workable jobs as opposed to Jobsbridge data scams and rising property prices.

Why don't you look it up and let us know? Start with Bristol myers squib announcing jobs last week, how many jobsbridge positions do you think they will have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I think your living more in hope then fact in that statement, Irish water is a for profit company, if its still around when the caps are lifted you don't think the board of directors is going to take pity on all the poor unfortunates that do sign up they'll jack up the prices the first chance they get

Everything goes up in price nothing ever comes down

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I'm sorry but i don't subscribe to your conspiracy theories anymore.

Yeah because bankers have a squeaky clean record of never doing anything like that in the past ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why don't you look it up and let us know? Start with Bristol myers squib announcing jobs last week, how many jobsbridge positions do you think they will have?

Are these the same crowd that sacked 149 workers a few months ago ?

Only now to be rehiring. Wonder what new contracts 'new' employees have.

To answer my question, yes they are the same crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

listermint wrote: »
    Are these the same crowd that sacked 149 workers a few months ago ?

Only now to be rehiring. Wonder what new contracts 'new' employees have.

To answer my question, yes they are the same crowd.

Excellent point.
    I was watching that announcement thinking "Bunch of chancers" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Stargate wrote: »
    Hi Phoebas do you know if she made a complaint yet , and if she did what do you think will be the outcome?
    As of this morning she hadn't made a complaint.
    She hadn't made up her mind yet if she is going to to make a complaint at all. She said she was still trying to get her head around the whole thing.

I'd say the chance of a complaint being upheld as being slim. I'd say the chance of a complaint being made against her is slim too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

We could be surprised. I myself will leave the office and go down for a couple of hours. There will be plenty of people there in work attire hopefully that the government PR machine cannot label as dissidents or sinister or scroungers.

Might have to take a long lunch myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Not to mention she's also said unequivocally that she was not thrown against anything and that in fact the Garda involved actually saved her life by stopping her head hitting the bollard and injured himself in the process.

Actually, how is it that she didn't also have an injury resulting from a knee to the head? I think she was acting the maggot and the high- vis guard was obviously overreacting but the clip is really short and it's difficult to really contextualise it as there is too much happening outside the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Smidge wrote: »
    Excellent point.
    I was watching that announcement thinking "Bunch of chancers" :mad:

No No, its all jobs loadsa jobs.

But just make sure to lower the wages across the board first.

PROFIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

On the 6pm news I saw a young woman with glasses being flung aside by the Gardai - she hit steel bollard really hard and her glasses fell off. She could have been seriously hurt with the force she fell. I felt really upset at that - no excuse for a man to do that to woman even in the line of work/duty.

Ah for cryin out loud(ish).....Read her own account ...she did'nt hit any steel-bollard,thanks to a Garda who ensured she did'nt !

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-tall-guard-in-black-saved-my-life-he-hit-his-knee-instead-of-my-head-30753426.html
    "He smiled at me... I saw an opportunity to bang on the bonnet".
    "He had that smirky grin on his face".
    Despite what circulated on social media yesterday, Healy did not collide with the bollard. She attributes this to one of the gardai in the clip, who she says "hit his knee instead of my head".

"The tall guard in black saved my life... he pushed me out of the way of the bollard".

"I'd like to thank him for that"

"He saved me by pushing my head away from the bollard".

Healy has not visited the doctor yet but is "on (her) way" today.
    Healy insists her protest was non-violent.

"I just tapped on the bonnet... non-violent just means not to hurt anyone - you can shout as much as you like. I didn't hurt anyone".
    "I'm just a Mam who wants the best for her son. I was forced out of work three years ago because I couldn't afford childcare".

As for the no-excuse line,sadly for us all,the likes of Samantha Louthwaite and many other female activists,make it observable in theory only.....the next "lovely wee girl who just wants to bang on Enda kenny's bonnet" may well have far more malicious intent...:(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/samantha-lewthwaite

I'd be more concerned at just how much of the GSOC's scarce budget Fiona's complaint is going to soak up,before somebody sees sense :rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I heard that out of the 45,000 Jobsbridge placements, 6,000 of those secured a job. That was on RTE Radio 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Augmerson wrote: »
    I heard that out of the 45,000 Jobsbridge placements, 6,000 of those secured a job. That was on RTE Radio 1.

Barely 15%, not exactly an overwhelming success to put it mildly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement