Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

I see a lot of the anti-meter groups going mental on Facebook because they caught and detained some reporters secretly filming local protests. One would wonder why this would be an issue if they are doing nothing wrong at them.

You trust Enda kenny,You admire him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Which is why metering is so important. Everyone should pay for what they use.

Only it's not being metered, is it?
    Until 2019 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

If people want to sit on a bus that's obviously going nowhere, for 4 hours, that's up to them.

Personally, if I used public transport and was stuck in traffic, I'd get off and walk after 15 mins or so.

I suppose some people like to be victims all their lives.

So to put it in plain english, you think Eirigi have the right to stop traffic and it's everyone else fault for not planning their day around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Still the same old argument/accusation after three threads.

Still very accurate though.
    Easy to spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

166 million.

^That's obviously a Garda 'estimate'
    I'll wait for RTE to confirm that at 9!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Easy to spot.

just look for the person who disagrees with you right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Easy to spot.

I actually voted for sinn fein in the last election.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Those who blocked the bridge are a very tiny minority of the Water Protest.
    They act on their own and are not truly representative of the vast majority of protesters.

But according to some anti IW the minority of the people who protested today are allegedly "truly representetive" of the majority of Irish citizens. :rolleyes:

yipeeeee wrote: »
    TV licence.
    Car tax.
    Petrol.
    ESB.
    Gas bills.

All the same for everyone, why not water charges?

I can live without the 5 mentioned there, I can't live without water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Yet

Doh. I hit enter button by mistake after only 5 words. Post edited:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You definitely didn't

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    So to put it in plain english, you think Eirigi have the right to stop traffic and it's everyone else fault for not planning their day around that?

If that's what you take from my post then there's not a lot I can do for you.:rolleyes:

I voted FG to stop cronyism and clean up politics. Crazy old world.

Or food?

Should that be free, oh yeah Paul murphy seems to think it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

What do you do for electricity & heating?

But according to some anti IW the minority of the people who protested today are allegedly "truly representetive" of the majority of Irish citizens. :rolleyes:

They are.

Your arguments have been falling down for weeks. It gets more amusing by the day

They are right They obviously meant the majority.

listermint wrote: »
    You definitely didn't

I swear on my kids life I did.

I voted for them too. Be the last time Pearse gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They are.

Your arguments have been falling down for weeks. It gets more amusing by the day

Funny because i haven't posted here in weeks ;)

• Advertisement

just look for the person who disagrees with your right?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc ...

One thing I want gone is jobs for life in the public sector.

This is one thing that annoys me about Irish water

It's lads moved there because they have no jobs for them but can't let them go because of the jobs for life. But that has been in for years before this govt but it needs to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

"Before this I was opposed to the water protests now I'm even more opposed" There is so much lol in your post I don't know where to start.

Enjoy that road your on which my €1811 motor tax pays for. Top bracket paye protestor right here

Next.....

Nice 3 Litre+ Engine you have there .. clearly you are into conservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Pocoyo wrote: »
    THEY HAVE NOT GOT THE MANDATE OF THE PEOPLE THEY GOVERN,they only have the mandate of Europe, banks and bond holders!!

... and the majority of people who voted in 2011. They do have a mandate, whether you're pleased about that or not is irrelevent. We do this by election, not who howls loudest.

What do you do for electricity & heating?

Not already pay for them from my current and historical general taxation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I cannot get over your loathing and disregard for peaceful, democratic marchers from all walks of life making their feelings known over 3 highly successful and peaceful protests against the biggest cock-up since the last biggest cock-up administered by the ignorant loons of the inner-inner cabinet.

I don't want to be validated but if you feel so strongly on the opposite side of this argument/debate, go out and represent yourself or don't and use your ballot to return an FG or Lab or FF in 2015 or 2016.
    That is your choice.

My choice is to march and vote and make my voice heard and stand beside fellow citizens from all walks of life and effect change that I believe in.

A bit much on the hyperbole there. I have a lot of respect for people who protest, as is their right, but I don't have any time for people who exaggerate potential outcomes, numbers, significance and importance. To suggest today's protest will be the 'downfall' of a government is ridiculous. Of the three protests, this has been the poorest and it has been tarnished by the actions of a small group of people. While it would be ideal to see past what the protesters did on O'Connell bridge, etc., unfortunately it will leave an unwanted mark on the success of the protest.

I don't particularly take any side of the debate, but I enjoy critiquing it as a whole. I find more room to manoeuvre with the anti-IW side because of the exaggerations and ridiculous statements.

Your last paragraph is entirely vacuous. What do you mean, exactly? You have to vote for someone in the next general election. To me, you seem to loathe and have a total disregard for the political system in this country, but you don't suggest an alternative. So what are you trying to achieve? The downfall of a government, then what, exactly? If FG/FF coalition got in, or FG/Lab were re-elected, would you keep on marching? How long would you march until you accepted the majority?

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    ... and the majority of people who voted in 2011. They do have a mandate, whether you're pleased about that or not is irrelevent. We do this by election, not who howls loudest.

I suspect you know your post is crap.... Plenty of governments have fallen before.

Even FG have.

But sure you know that already.

.... I hope.. Or are you too young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

The Irish people have stood by, patriotically, for the last 6 years while living standards and wages were slashed, taxes raised and public services cut to keep FFail and FG's EU buddies happy.

We've had enough.

You've had enough ?!?!?
    WTF ?
    We are budgeting a €6.5bn deficit in 2015. You are still living wildly beyond your means. And that all depends on no external shocks from the Euro or world economy in general. Far from certain. Significant further belt tightening required and in some years the country may return to financial health. More cuts to living standards are necessary.
    Still kicking up a storm on not paying your dues for your water.
    Who do you people think you are ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Where were all these protests when the Legislation to set up Irish Water went through the Dáil a year ago with almost no debate, apart from Ming Flanagan.

The company is there, a lot of the money is spent. It's a disaster - yes. But it's done and dusted. End of story. Now that it's there I would prefer the costs to be born by a larger population than the PAYE taxpayer. I think water should be metered to conserve it.

I think the time of our left wing politicians would be better spent dealing with the Homeless crises and the cutbacks to Drug treatment services, the breakdown of our Mental Health services, the state of our Health Services. The cut backs to small grants to Community groups who are doing wonderful work on a shoestring.

Call me a Right wing FG lackie if ye want - but maybe its time the Left stopped spending all their time on this simplistic pet issue and actually did some f**king real work.

• Advertisement

Not already pay for them from my current and historical general taxation.....
    That wasn't the point that was made though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement