Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Panic in the ranks of the government tonight I'd say. Labour for one are finished as a serious political movement. Well done to the at least 100k who marched today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

S.O wrote: »
    Coming up near merrion square this afternoon; a few walked up to the left side of the march asking everyone to march back down to o connell bridge; most people just ignored them and kept on the main march route; I took a good look at some of those protesting on o connell bridge; few of the faces I recognize from the papers/ social media they have held unofficial splinter/ separate protests in the past also.

To be quite honest, AGS did not do their job well today.
    They should have been moved on (the 50/100) and let transport flow.
    The same it has to be said should apply to the almost annual tractor/taxi demos in Dublin that fck it up for commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nice 3 Litre+ Engine you have there .. clearly you are into conservation.

Oh Keith. If that's the extent of what you've got.

I never said a thing about conservation? You and your FG mates in Brussels did. But that ain't the truth either.

Conservation lol.. Id buy a 4 litre to miff ya off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I see a lot of the anti-meter groups going mental on Facebook because they caught and detained some reporters secretly filming local protests. One would wonder why this would be an issue if they are doing nothing wrong at them.

Such irony considering they have been filming the guys putting in the water meters and the Gardai for the last few months.

That wasn't the point that was made though.

Oh wait. There was a point...

Grabs glasses looks more closely...

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

listermint wrote: »
    Oh Keith. If that's the extent of what you've got.

I never said a thing about conservation? You and your FG mates in Brussels did. But that ain't the truth either.

Conservation lol.. Id buy a 4 litre to miff ya off

Whats wrong listermint .. why so aggressive ? :)

You do know that Motor Tax does not go into the roads right ?

Contrary to your previous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You've had enough ?!?!?
    WTF ?
    We are budgeting a €6.5bn deficit in 2015. You are still living wildly beyond your means. And that all depends on no external shocks from the Euro or world economy in general. Far from certain. Significant further belt tightening required and in some years the country may return to financial health. More cuts to living standards are necessary.
    Sticking kicking up a storm on not paying your dues for your water.
    Who do you people think you are ? :confused:

E.U. slaves.
    Driven on bare-footed and hungry by FG/Lab to do the E.U.'s bidding so that the elite can prosper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Panic in the ranks of the government tonight I'd say. Labour for one are finished as a serious political movement. Well done to the at least 100k who marched today

you can say it all you want, doesn't make it true.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Panic in the ranks of the government tonight I'd say. Labour for one are finished as a serious political movement. Well done to th at least 100k who marched today

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

"Water charge protest attracts 32,000, says CrowdSize App"

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/water-charge-protest-attracts-32-000-says-crowdsize-app-1.2033259?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If your estimates on numbers are anything to go by, that 'panic' in the ranks of the government is probably more of a 'tepid concern' for how they will get home.

• Advertisement

Based on the posters on this thread and in the politics forum

The people you can put in as pro irish water can be categorised

The real party numpties like I mean those edgits who will sell raffle tickets in the pub all for the party.
    The paid shills, those who are paid by the party or work for the local td.
    The parents or relatives of the td who are so close to the bull**** that they can't see the forest for the trees.
    The Irish worker employee who to be fair is fighting for their job
    And finally the troll the ones that will say black is white just to get a rise.

Then there is the rest of the population the workers the people living in commuter towns the labourers and former building employees from towns across the country the pissed off mothers and fathers who have no family left in this country your friends down the pub or the coffee shop.

These normal people yes the decent ones the are pissed off with Irish politics and the Irish government they are pissed off at the lies and deceit.

But alas you'll still have the lads on here the ones from above who will just deflect and harp on for all the reasons above.

Whats wrong listermint .. why so aggressive ? :)

You do know that Motor Tax does not go into the roads right ?

Contrary to your previous statement.

Just like lpt and this irish water charge so.

Next......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Oh wait. There was a point...

Grabs glasses looks more closely...

Nope
    There was a point. Not being made by me. I just asked a simple question.
    Don't worry about it though. I realise a lack of education can make grown up issues difficult to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Falthyron wrote: »

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/water-charge-protest-attracts-32-000-says-crowdsize-app-1.2033259?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If your estimates on numbers are anything to go by, that 'panic' in the ranks of the government is probably more of a 'tepid concern' for how they will get home.

Both side exaggerating the numbers for their own reasons as usually happens.
    Probably about 60K which is big for such a bad day.

Panic in the ranks of the government Water protesters tonight I'd say. Labour for one are finished as a serious political movement. Well done to the at least 100k who marched today

FYP. 1/3 the number expected turned up. 30,000 do NOT speak for rest of the population.

Cartoons drawn by amateurs with opinions equate to facts now? The times we live in, eh?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The real party numpties like I mean those edgits who will sell raffle tickets in the pub all for the party.
    The parents or relatives of the td who are so close to the bull**** that they can't see the forest for the trees.

Makes you just as bad as those on the pro-direct taxation side claiming the anti-water protesters are all unemployed wasters really.

I think it's better generally to not make sweeping generalisations about large groups of people - they're invariably wrong.

Of course some app is a better estimation than people who where actually there :pac: Carry on.

This government is finished. Labour are getting wiped out next time out so they will jump and bring the whole show crashing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Then there is the rest of the population the workers the people living in commuter towns the labourers and former building employees from towns across the country the pissed off mothers and fathers who have no family left in this country your friends down the pub or the coffee shop.

These normal people yes the decent ones the are pissed off with Irish politics and the Irish government they are pissed off at the lies and deceit.

But alas you'll still have the lads on here the ones from above who will just deflect and harp on for all the reasons above.

Yeah everyone who disagrees with you is obviously a troll or a politician.
    And yet the majority have registered with Irish Water how odd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

The same government that cowered behind barriers and 3 rows of Gards all day.

The same government that fears its own citizens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

LOL

So true these kind of posters do it for the rise every poll and stat in the country in against them,Im loving it though if you actually read their posts and accept them for what they are,its quite funny. :)

That might have been factual if the reporter even bothered their arse getting the roads and locations correct.

Man I can't get how people think that because it's in the times its remotely factual.

Do you even know where the protests where? His streets are half of what was filled and barried.

Go back to your drawing board

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Cartoons drawn by amateurs with opinions equate to facts now? The times we live in, eh?

Don't seem to have gathered what the Troika actually is either (by double counting the IMF and the EU). Wouldn't be trusting their facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

hmmm wrote: »
    Stop spinning, the organisers were talking about a "mass mobilisation" that would overthrow the government.

That always happens from within.

It really sticks in the shills craw that the protesting has made a huge difference and upset the status quo. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Of course some app is a better estimation than people who where actually there :pac: Carry on.

Yes it fúcking is. It's technology, unbiased. 30,000 + were there, end of. Unless you were hiding 70,000 people up your arse.

I heore Denis O' Briieeeennnn develipped dat app, Joeee

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Stay on the continent Keith it suits your argument more. Sure we are paying for your stay there. 46% and all

A reminder of the mod note here

Keep the personal remarks out of it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This government is finished. Labour are getting wiped out next time out so they will jump and bring the whole show crashing down.

You are so right. Someone with a vetted interest in the need to make an event successful is a much better unbiased, unprejudiced source. I am going to guess you are.....anti-IW? Would I be right? The nuance and subtlety in your posts suggest a much more arbitrary approach, but I detected a hint of anti-IW a couple pages back.

Sorry, but I am more likely to trust a piece of software not subject to paying Irish Water fees than yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

It really sticks in the shills craw that the protesting has made a huge difference and upset the status quo. Love it.

Quite obviously. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement