Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

donvito99 wrote: »
    Yes it fúcking is. It's technology, unbiased. 30,000 + were there, end of. Unless you were hiding 70,000 people up your arse.

I heore Denis O' Briieeeennnn develipped dat app, Joeee

The app only works with correct information. That reporter put in the wrong information.

In short. You and the app are wrong. Factually speaking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

donvito99 wrote: »
    Yes it fúcking is. It's technology, unbiased. 30,000 + were there, end of. Unless you were hiding 70,000 people up your arse.

I heore Denis O' Briieeeennnn develipped dat app, Joeee

Calm down. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hynesie08 wrote: »
    you do know its more than just dublin bus that goes over the bridge right?
    Are people supposed to walk to balbriggan, drogheda, belfast. or should they have to pay 30-40 euro for a taxi/train.
    well yes, they should get the train. a hundred times more comfortable and civilized then a bus could ever be

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

E.U. slaves.
    Driven on bare-footed and hungry by FG/Lab to do the E.U.'s bidding so that the elite can prosper.

Are you in your bare feet now?

Poor diddums

The knock on effect is when they go home to their families and complain about it.

Then in work they talk about it at lunch

Then they talk about it in the pub

Then they hear more about it on TV

Eventually it snowballs into a "I am sick to death of people chanting bloody *insert slogan*"

At the very least you need to keep the people who are neutral on the topic or they can become polar opposites quite quickly.
    yeah. if they are suddenly going to change to the opposite opinion because of a few, chances are they were of that view in the first place. if they are talking about a little delay in work, the pub, or at home, they obviously need to get a grip and get over it

• Advertisement

Falthyron wrote: »
    You are so right. Someone with a vetted interest in the need to make an event successful is a much better unbiased, unprejudiced source. I am going to guess you are.....anti-IW? Would I be right? The nuance and subtlety in your posts suggest a much more arbitrary approach, but I detected a hint of anti-IW a couple pages back.

Sorry, but I am more likely to trust a piece of software not subject to paying Irish Water fees than yourself.

Please go and check with the what streets were closed today and filled and barried.

That reporter has wrong information. Quite wrong. He's missed at least three streets fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

well yes, they should get the train. a hundred times more comfortable and civilized then a bus could ever be

You are giving away too much. We now know you are in Eirigi and you have family who work in Iarnrod Eireann. The net is closing in...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

listermint wrote: »
    Just like lpt and this irish water charge so.

Next......

So you think its fair that you pay regardless of how much you drive ?

Would you not think it would be better that they just incorporate the Motor Tax into the cost of fuel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Of course some app is a better estimation than people who where actually there :pac: Carry on.

This government is finished. Labour are getting wiped out next time out so they will jump and bring the whole show crashing down.

Go on then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

How were you accurately able to tell how many were there?
    How, From standing in a crowd you claim was 100,000 plus, were you able to accurately see all the way to the front, all the way to the back and around corners? What system did you use to figure out the number?

Or are you just pulling it out your ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Im fortunate enough to earn over 100k. The 5 others who are here protesting with me today all earn good salaries.

I'm protesting at the formation of the states biggest ever quango with jobs for the boys and cronies. In a few years time we will be paying billions on the tribunals to investigate this whole scam. I'm also protesting at the arrogance, lies, broken promises and complete incompetence of this government.

I'm peacefully protesting to show my children that they should take nothing for granted and that questioning authority can be a good thing.

As a nation we had a history of never questioning our leaders (who lets face it were the Catholic Church) and look where that got us. Many of the older generation are still of this mindset of not rocking the boat.

You obviously wish it was 15k protesting. I'd say it's very very close to 100k overall.

The opinion on the street is that the Gardai were instructed to close off a road that we should have a right to protest on, and to deploy Gardai in riot gear, simply to antagonise people. The cynic in me thinks that the powers that be are hoping that this will inspire a few scum to start firing at things at Gardai because it suits the governments agenda. I didn't see anything like that happening.
    Idbatterim wrote: »
    has to be a troll, you earn over 100k, yet you have an issue with a few cent a day for water charges...

Jesus fücking Christ...

How blind do you have to be to completely miss the point being made.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Cant wait to copy and paste the journals next poll here.

Q. Do you support the water charges? 78% no. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

How is life in 1963?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Based on the posters on this thread and in the politics forum

The people you can put in as pro irish water can be categorised

The real party numpties like I mean those edgits who will sell raffle tickets in the pub all for the party.
    The paid shills, those who are paid by the party or work for the local td.
    The parents or relatives of the td who are so close to the bull**** that they can't see the forest for the trees.
    The Irish worker employee who to be fair is fighting for their job
    And finally the troll the ones that will say black is white just to get a rise.

Then there is the rest of the population the workers the people living in commuter towns the labourers and former building employees from towns across the country the pissed off mothers and fathers who have no family left in this country your friends down the pub or the coffee shop.

These normal people yes the decent ones the are pissed off with Irish politics and the Irish government they are pissed off at the lies and deceit.

But alas you'll still have the lads on here the ones from above who will just deflect and harp on for all the reasons above.

Oh, here we go - I was wondering when this would start...

"You disagree with my viewpoint so you MUST be a paid shill"

Conspiracy forum is that way

So you think its fair that you pay regardless of how much you drive ?

Would you not think it would be better that they just incorporate the Motor Tax into the cost of fuel ?

Oh im all for tax on fuel. I think its a better system,

Whats your thoughts on a HSE style behemoth just for a call centre and billing system?

Any thoughts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Falthyron wrote: »
    A bit much on the hyperbole there. I have a lot of respect for people who protest, as is their right, but I don't have any time for people who exaggerate potential outcomes, numbers, significance and importance. To suggest today's protest will be the 'downfall' of a government is ridiculous. Of the three protests, this has been the poorest and it has been tarnished by the actions of a small group of people. While it would be ideal to see past what the protesters did on O'Connell bridge, etc., unfortunately it will leave an unwanted mark on the success of the protest.

I don't particularly take any side of the debate, but I enjoy critiquing it as a whole. I find more room to manoeuvre with the anti-IW side because of the exaggerations and ridiculous statements.

Your last paragraph is entirely vacuous. What do you mean, exactly? You have to vote for someone in the next general election. To me, you seem to loathe and have a total disregard for the political system in this country, but you don't suggest an alternative. So what are you trying to achieve? The downfall of a government, then what, exactly? If FG/FF coalition got in, or FG/Lab were re-elected, would you keep on marching? How long would you march until you accepted the majority?

I do.
    Two conservative populist parties (two cheeks of the one a/rse) a conservative Labour party (the a/rsehole to compliment the above a/rse)
    The party system here is fundamentally flawed, it never grew up it's immature and it's that which has held this country back so much.

A cabinet that has zero accountability to the Dail, our National Parliament, our House of Representatives.
    A Taosieach and Tanaiste that never answer a question at Leaders Questions.
    And that's not taking into account now we have an inner cabinet unaccountable to the actual cabinet who are unaccountable to the Dail.
    Nevermind their failed populist attempt to rid themselves of the Upper House.

Yeah.
    I have zero regard for our political system, it fcking sucks balls.
    It is not setup to benefit the people.

I would love nothing better than an FG/FF majority as this would hopefully catalyse a true left-centre-right political system in a 100 year old "Republic"
    And yes, if I believed in something ad I wanted to change, I'd march because that's all I have alongside my ballot.

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Oh, here we go - I was wondering when this would start...

"You disagree with my viewpoint so you MUST be a paid shill"

Conspiracy forum is that way

Oh god no, just pointing out how im a shinner / crusty / unemployed / pay my taxes solely through the off license and ciggy store / have no interest in conservation / am self serving / dont have interest in other citizens / have no national social responsibility.

Ya know all the stuff ye are at pains to paint people with .... that stuff.

Brendan Ogle.

a great man. one of irelands best trade union leaders, and a man who's name always puts the fear of god into the most hardened person. if they're is anyone you need to fight for you, its him

http://www.thejournal.ie/fergus-odowd-irish-water-agendas-privatisation-1825719-Dec2014/

Enda's going to make you lot pay,YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE PATRIOTS FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh look

another moronic post

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ronsh2000

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Cant wait to copy and paste the journals next poll here.

Q. Do you support the water charges? 78% no. :D
    Do you agree with Paul Murphy of the Anti-Austerity Alliance that the Irish tax payer should foot the massive cost of fixing our water system up front, or would you prefer a public utility company to borrow the money? Do you want your taxes to go up or down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Pocoyo wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/fergus-odowd-irish-water-agendas-privatisation-1825719-Dec2014/

Enda's going to make you lot pay,YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE PATRIOTS FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS.

Man are the cap locks needed??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I was there and I have to admit I was quite impressed by the Garda operation, they must have learned a thing or two about crowd control from their colleagues in that police state across the water, The protest today actually ended up in two protests - one at Merrion Sq and the other on O'Connell bridge as hundreds of Gardai and barricades successfully prevented protesters from north and south Dublin meeting up. This obviously made the protest smaller than it actually was.

I haven't signed up for IW yet but I probably will like a lot of other people.
    If I pay for water through motor tax at the moment then it follows on I pay more than some one who doesn't pay motor tax.
    If there's someone(as there is) driving around without paying motor tax...is that fair I'm paying for their water.

Surely if EVERYONE paid for their water it would be more fair than this
    no . you will be paying twice. so it won't be fair. don't sign up

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Man are the cap locks needed??

Aye sir,I was shouting with pride. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Are you in your bare feet now?

Poor diddums

Slippers now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I do.
    Two conservative populist parties (two cheeks of the one a/rse) a conservative Labour party (the a/rsehole to compliment the above a/rse)
    The party system here is fundamentally flawed, it never grew up it's immature and it's that which has held this country back so much.

A cabinet that has zero accountability to the Dail, our National Parliament, our House of Representatives.
    A Taosieach and Tanaiste that never answer a question at Leaders Questions.
    And that's not taking into account now we have an inner cabinet unaccountable to the actual cabinet who are unaccountable to the Dail.
    Nevermind their failed populist attempt to rid themselves of the Upper House.

Yeah.
    I have zero regard for our political system, it fcking sucks balls.
    It is not setup to benefit the people.

I would love nothing better than an FG/FF majority as this would hopefully catalyse a true left-centre-right political system in a 100 year old "Republic"
    And yes, if I believed in something ad I wanted to change, I'd march because that's all I have alongside my ballot.

Fair enough, you hate the system. But, surely you must accept that you are not a part of the majority. The majority of this country favour this system and continue to vote for whomever they support or see as the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

a great man. one of irelands best trade union leaders, and a man who's name always puts the fear of god into the most hardened person. if they're is anyone you need to fight for you, its him

Talking about yourself in the third person is just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

You've had enough ?!?!?
    WTF ?
    We are budgeting a €6.5bn deficit in 2015. You are still living wildly beyond your means. And that all depends on no external shocks from the Euro or world economy in general. Far from certain. Significant further belt tightening required and in some years the country may return to financial health. More cuts to living standards are necessary.
    Still kicking up a storm on not paying your dues for your water.
    Who do you people think you are ? :confused:

You want to save €6.5 billion?
    Take €3.25 from the welfare bill and €3.25 billion from all the overpaid luvvies in the PS who are on over €50k......
    I know who I am pal and I know how much I contribute each year to this banana republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Based on the posters on this thread and in the politics forum

The people you can put in as pro irish water can be categorised

The real party numpties like I mean those edgits who will sell raffle tickets in the pub all for the party.
    The paid shills, those who are paid by the party or work for the local td.
    The parents or relatives of the td who are so close to the bull**** that they can't see the forest for the trees.
    The Irish worker employee who to be fair is fighting for their job
    And finally the troll the ones that will say black is white just to get a rise.

Then there is the rest of the population the workers the people living in commuter towns the labourers and former building employees from towns across the country the pissed off mothers and fathers who have no family left in this country your friends down the pub or the coffee shop.

These normal people yes the decent ones the are pissed off with Irish politics and the Irish government they are pissed off at the lies and deceit.

But alas you'll still have the lads on here the ones from above who will just deflect and harp on for all the reasons above.

I don't think many people are Pro Irish water as such. Personally I think Water Services should have been left with Local Authorities. One of the reasons for moving it to Irish water was to do with moving the borrowing off the Government Debt - which has some economic value.
    I think the comments about the "Party numpties" is hilarious when anyone with half a brain can see that the whole issue is being used as a political football or pissing contest between Sinn Fein and the AAA, in trying to establish which of them is going to get the disaffected Labour vote.
    We all know Bond Holders = Bad, Emigration= Bad etc etc. Although apparantly emigration is better than taking a job with Sierra to install water meters - am I correct??

Argue your case by all means - but you are genuinely deluded if you think that there are no right thinking, left wing community minded, working class people who are not in complete agreement with Right to water.

Yes I am pissed off with the Government - but I wish the Left politicians would concentrate on the real issues,

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yes you are
    no i'm not. and as you won't be able to post evidence to prove it, you will withdraw the accusation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement