Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

Look at the polls, look at the shocking jobless figures, look at the incredible anti water protest turn outs. If people can't see the end is nigh for this government they are fooling themselves. It's over.

Has the Government fallen as promised by the protest organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭efwren

listermint wrote: »
    Based on the posters on this thread and in the politics forum

The people you can put in as pro irish water can be categorised

The real party numpties like I mean those edgits who will sell raffle tickets in the pub all for the party.
    The paid shills, those who are paid by the party or work for the local td.
    The parents or relatives of the td who are so close to the bull**** that they can't see the forest for the trees.
    The Irish worker employee who to be fair is fighting for their job
    And finally the troll the ones that will say black is white just to get a rise.

Then there is the rest of the population the workers the people living in commuter towns the labourers and former building employees from towns across the country the pissed off mothers and fathers who have no family left in this country your friends down the pub or the coffee shop.

These normal people yes the decent ones the are pissed off with Irish politics and the Irish government they are pissed off at the lies and deceit.

But alas you'll still have the lads on here the ones from above who will just deflect and harp on for all the reasons above.

Funny that...I believe in water metering and water charges. I think delivering a proper water supply costs money, that money has to come from somewhere, and income tax is the wrong place to get this money.

I have no connection and never have had with a political party or a td, I don't work for Irish water or any other public group.

I think the creation of Irish Water has been an absolute mess and disagree completely with most aspects of it as an institution. However from how I can see it either everybody pays a reasonable amount for water based on usage, or the middle income tax payers of the country who are already struggling will pay for everybody's water as they do for nearly everything else in this country.

Why should somebody who already pays for water on a water scheme, pay more income tax to pay for other people's water..? Water metering is the only fair way to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Ah! So nothing has changed then.
    Next time!

What are you on about.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Falthyron wrote: »
    There were more paying to see Garth Brooks. :pac:

There will be more people at a script gig than were out today.
    Let that sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What change? If you have well defined goals/objectives, then list them, and the manner in which you expect them to be achieved. 'Change' is not a good description. And the government falls... then what? Who to take over? Or what shape should that government take?

When one goes on a campaign to war, meticulous planning is given to the goals/objectives. What is it you want to achieve, precisely?

Accountability is enough for me. Just because you get in doesnt mean you can abandon your mandate. As Pat Rabbitte said "sure thats what you say to get here"

The fact you are defending that demonstrates to me completely that you dont value good governance. What so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Let that sink in.

Jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

21:18, December 10th 2014 - Government yet to fall, as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Next time!
    Sure we get our country back yet!

But then what will we protest against!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Well, gone before Christmas was the cant. Some were certain of it, even.
    Only two weeks left. Looks inevitable now alright......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

gladrags wrote: »
    What are you on about.?

Where pretty much in the same position as we where at the start right?

Where still gonna be paying for water ya?

See where I'm going with this yet?

• Advertisement

efwren wrote: »
    Funny that...I believe in water metering and water charges. I think delivering a proper water supply costs money, that money has to come from somewhere, and income tax is the wrong place to get this money.

I have no connection and never have had with a political party or a td, I don't work for Irish water or any other public group.

I think the creation of Irish Water has been an absolute mess and disagree completely with most aspects of it as an institution. However from how I can see it either everybody pays a reasonable amount for water based on usage, or the middle income tax payers of the country who are already struggling will pay for everybody's water as they do for nearly everything else in this country.

Why should somebody who already pays for water on a water scheme, pay more income tax to pay for other people's water..? Water metering is the only fair way to do this.

Explain to me in detail how you as a middle income earner will be paying less tax towards all this, and also be getting a better standard system in this new IW euthopia that you are heralding with gusto.

You thoroughly realise i hope that your VAT and VRT and Motor tax that pays all this right now will not be reduced. So yes you will be paying more back to YOUR pocket again. Oh and some more people will be sprinkled in on top.

im confused by what you want from this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Accountability is enough for me. Just because you get in doesnt mean you can abandon your mandate. As Pat Rabbitte said "sure thats what you say to get here"

The fact you are defending that demonstrates to me completely that you dont value good governance. What so ever.

Defending what? Show me where I 'defended' Pat Rabbitte or this government?

You seem to have misinterpreted my position in this debacle. I am rather enjoying myself by ridiculing from an arbitrary point of view, it just so happens the anti-IW crowd are struggling more than 'the rest', so it is easy to take issue with their statements. Statements that tend to be full of hyperbole and emptiness. StreetWalker is your most prolific offender currently. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You are giving away too much. We now know you are in Eirigi and you have family who work in Iarnrod Eireann. The net is closing in...
    no . but if i did have family working on the railway, it would be a very prowd thing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Let that sink in.

How long did it take you to come up with above gem of knowledge.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Oh but its not, both provide a social service. Both have a bulk of workers that they cant get rid of. Both were setup badly, Both are currently badly managed. And both have ministers who really didnt want the portfolio.

Perfect example by all accounts Keith.

Perfect.

But just because the HSE is so bad that it doesnt suit your "Guardian of water" Irish water will be analogy you will be at paints to parallel the two.

Maybe you will open you're eyes to what is going on. This isnt the german system that you exampled. We have our own unique problems that this government is just compounding.

Understanding fail ^^

How is Motor Tax a public service ? :pac:

The HSE is a Registered Charity (an actual registered charity)..... not a good example ;)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/authorised-charities-resident.html

16412 Health Service Executive Oak House Millennium Business Park Naas Co. Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Only cos they are choosing to ignore people. They have lost their mandate simple as that. They bent over for the IMF and Merkel and it is the likes of me, a regular Joe struggling to get by, that are paying for the greed of the rich. Personally can't wait to see the back of them (although i still have no clue who to vote for! ). They deserve nothing but our disdain...

How is life in 1963?
    whats 1963 got to do with anything

Because FF were busy bribing their way into power and we didn't care because we were all loaded.

:rolleyes:

We're not willing to "wait and see", we'd like to have our say on IW and how it's run but we can't because Éirigí, water charges protestors and Paul Murphy/ Brendan Ogle are too busy having their say. I pointed out that getting rid of current management and bringing in people who have experience managing a major utility, as well as redundancies for the leftover CC workers is one solution. You guys don't have any solution so are imo contributing to the problem or are really just another problem to add to all of the problems.

We get it, you're loaded and you don't want to pay. Bully for you. By the way, you don't sound as clever as you think you do.

There's your and your "patriotic" friends achievement right there. You achieved that from your last day out.

See above. The difference that you made is in making the situation worse than it was. Metred charge = Good, Flat charge = Bad.

**SWOON**

You literally made no addition to the discussion, Like i mean you didnt even try to defend your buddies in leinster house.

What gives? long day at the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

whats 1963 got to do with anything

That's the last time anything you've said was of any relevance.

Understanding fail ^^

How is Motor Tax a public service ? :pac:

The HSE is a Registered Charity (an actual registered charity)..... not a good example ;)

Erm ? where did i compare motor tax? you realise i was refering to IW.... i hope OMG.... (to paraphrase a young girl in a mc donalds queue)

I think you misunderstood two posts their Keith. I apologise if you cannot understand posts correctly. Perhaps read slower or perhaps maybe i could use slower letters.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I imagine there will be a lot of people waking up tomorrow heartily surprised that the government (and IW) is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

gladrags wrote: »
    How long did it take you to come up with above gem of knowledge.?
    About 10 seconds. why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

You literally made no addition to the discussion, Like i mean you didnt even try to defend your buddies in leinster house.

What gives? long day at the office?

Your additions have been positively enlightening. All hail our minty overlord.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Gustav_Holst

Let that sink in.

Or the Ireland friendly against the USA on a Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Only cos they are choosing to ignore people. They have lost their mandate simple as that. They bent over for the IMF and Merkel and it is the likes of me, a regular Joe struggling to get by, that are paying for the greed of the rich. Personally can't wait to see the back of them (although i still have no clue who to vote for! ). They deserve nothing but our disdain...

The greed of the rich?

Irish people got this country into mess just as much as bankers.

If people weren't willing to take out ridiculous mortgages during the boom the banks wouldn't have ran up deficits.

They never rose,they remain in the gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

What change? If you have well defined goals/objectives, then list them, and the manner in which you expect them to be achieved. 'Change' is not a good description. And the government falls... then what? Who to take over? Or what shape should that government take?

When one goes on a campaign to war, meticulous planning is given to the goals/objectives. What is it you want to achieve, precisely?

The only goal I can see is "We won't pay" "We won't let you put in a meter" "we already pay"
    The perfect outcome to this protest would appear that we continue to pay for this through taxes (mainly PAYE) and abolish Irish Water and have difficulty borrowing due to the fact that it will be Government borrowing not outside Balance Sheet (whatever that means) which it would be if it was Irish Water.

This is the full total of what Right to Water is looking for - yet they are implying that they are a catch all community uprising looking for game change in Government. They are NOT. I went on most of the Anti Austerity marches - these aren't Anti Austerity marches they are Anti Water charges marches - that's a totally different thing.

donvito99 wrote: »
    That's the last time anything i've said was of any relevance.

fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

perhaps maybe i could use slower letters.

lol

I think your slow spelling and grammar is quite enough without using slow letters to boot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Next time!
    Sure we get our country back yet!

But then what will we protest against!!??

Is there ANYTHING to be said for another protest? I do love protesting :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement