Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

yeah. rabel rabel. you're an absolute scream

End of the road, we are both anti water charges but you must admit blocking a major city junction was so fooking foolish beyond words and will do serious damage to the water charges cause just as we were on the brink of major change.

When I challenged the lads on O'Connell bridge they failed to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

listermint wrote: »
    I want the change we were promised, And if governments have to fall to show them that we are dissatisfied and that they ARE accountable then so be it.

And if/when the government is replaced by another one that doesn't have a magic wand either - what will you do then?
    Election manifestos are not guarantees. They are not even "promises". They are statements of intent that you can like or not. They are also made on the basis of single party government so neither FG or much less Labour were given the mandate to deliver everything they "promised".
    So if your approach is to "punish" parties for not achieving everything you want, rather than look at who can deliver the MOST, then I fear you face a life of permanent dissapointment.
    'Cos I'll tell you this for nothing, the next government will continue water charges, irrespective of who is in it. You can write that down.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your additions have been positively enlightening. All hail our minty overlord.

Thanks man, That actually makes me feel warm inside.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

yipeeeee wrote: »
    The greed of the rich?

Irish people got this country into mess just as much as bankers.

If people weren't willing to take out ridiculous mortgages during the boom the banks wouldn't have ran up deficits.

So you are to blame then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Is there ANYTHING to be said for another protest? I do love protesting :pac:

All messing aside is it safe for me to leave the tap run when I'm brushing me teeth yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

very very minimum there was 80,000 there, anyone saying otherwise is just lying plain and simple or deluded enough to believe the mainstream gutter media and garda, on a midweek day in the run up to xmas 80k+ people from a cross section of society and all walks of life both young and old came out and held a massive peaceful protest while the delusional government who know they are on the ropes continue to spin propaganda bulls**t and lies, and of course you'll always have sheep or just plain deluded who believe them but thankfully the majority are now seeing them for what they are, liars,parasites and crooks of the highest order, one of the worst governments in the history of the state.

The next protest will have 200k at it, that is if this shambles of a government are not gone before then along with the toxic quango that is IW.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Thanks man

Why does everybody think I'm a man???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

gladrags wrote: »
    So you are to blame then.

Sorry I meant to say who can't pay the mortgages back now.

And I didn't buy during the boom or take out unrealistic loans, then blame everyone else except myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The pro Irish Water posters object to being called shills, trolls, Fg members and such do they?
    Well its this or they are grossly unintelligent, your choice.

Heres what I dont get.

Its a given that irish politics is rotten to the core. Enda even admitted this as FG took power when he referred to his intention to bring an end to FFs schleeveen, nod and wink politics. But instead he carried on in exactly the same vein with the Mc Nulty thing as just the most recent example, even as the Irish Water omnishambles began to come to light.

Then the omnishambles continued to deliver up more and more examples of how screwed up our politics is.
    We have a IW board stuffed to the gills with individuals who have been utter failures in previous roles costing the state multiples of millions, or people with no qualifications other than being in the FG clique, we have outrageous waste, shady shady dealings concerning tenders and Denis O'Brien (exaggerated I'll grant you but shady none the less), refusal to copper fasten the issue on future privatisation etc etc etc Christ theres so much !!!!
    Irish Water epitomises the corruption, eliteism, sense of entitlement and cronyism that is Irish Politics.
    If you are supporting or advocating the support of this insult then you are a either a FG hack, a troll or not very bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Erm ? where did i compare motor tax? you realise i was refering to IW.... i hope OMG.... (to paraphrase a young girl in a mc donalds queue)

I think you misunderstood two posts their Keith. I apologise if you cannot understand posts correctly. Perhaps read slower or perhaps maybe i could use slower letters.

lol

Calm down there chief .. I think you are going to pop something ;)

So were agreed you think pay as you use is a good system.

And the HSE, I gave you my opinion on what would be a better system than the current registered charity.

If you mean something else then please explain, there are many spelling mistakes in your post, perhaps I am missing something.

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    And if/when the government is replaced by another one that doesn't have a magic wand either - what will you do then?
    Election manifestos are not guarantees. They are not even "promises". They are statements of intent that you can like or not. They are also made on the basis of single party government so neither FG or much less Labour were given the mandate to deliver everything they "promised".
    So if your approach is to "punish" parties for not achieving everything you want, rather than look at who can deliver the MOST, then I fear you face a life of permanent dissapointment.
    'Cos I'll tell you this for nothing, the next government will continue water charges, irrespective of who is in it. You can write that down.

Oh but there is no such thing as a magic wand.

Please tell me its not some lofty ideals to actual want some clarity and transparancy in governance.

Or are these all maaaad ideas that other countries have and we cant.

I mean even in the UK they fall on their sword (quite regularly) Over here alot of our TDs are excuse my french self serving bastards and will claw their way over dead bodies rather than resign for anything.

But sure im an idealist.... accountability whats that... Tis Ireland , Sic anyone for another round.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

End of the road, we are both anti water charges but you must admit blocking a major city junction was so fooking foolish beyond words and will do serious damage to the water charges cause just as we were on the brink of major change.

When I challenged the lads on O'Connell bridge they failed to see this.

He's one of the lads on the bridge, so I doubt you'll get him admitting much of what you said there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

All messing aside is it safe for me to leave the tap run when I'm brushing me teeth yet?

Seemingly you can run the tap 24/7 if you like.
    The charge stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

jonnny68 wrote: »
    very very minimum there was 80,000 there, anyone saying otherwise is just lying plain and simple or deluded enough to believe the mainstream gutter media and garda, on a midweek day in the run up to xmas 80k+ people from a cross section of society and all walks of life both young and old came out and held a massive peaceful protest while the delusional government who know they are on the ropes continue to spin propaganda bulls**t and lies, and of course you'll always have sheep or just plain deluded who believe them but thankfully the majority are now seeing them for what they are, liars,parasites and crooks of the highest order, one of the worst governments in the history of the state.

The next protest will have 200k at it, that is if this shambles of a government are not gone before then along with the toxic quango that is IW.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

And you arrived at this number how???

Calm down there chief .. I think you are going to pop something ;)

So were agreed you think pay as you use is a good system.

And the HSE, I gave you my opinion on what would be a better system than the current registered charity.

If you mean something else then please explain, there are many spelling mistakes in your post, perhaps I am missing something.

Ok let me slow this down Chiefster.

I asked you what you think of a HSE 'STYLE' behemoth. Now in case you are short of sight this is an IW thread so the obvious conclusion is that i was referring to IW when i made that comment.

Again in case you missed it im opposed to a HSE 'STYLE' organisation managing our water for all the reason the HSE is such a mess. And this is the same way IW was started.

If the road looks bad dont travel it.

IW has to go now, and back to the drawing board.

I hope this explains the actual question i was asking you rather than the tangents you went off on because you didnt grasp the original question.

Mise le Meas

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

No change then. 200K were supposed to attend this one and the Government were to fall tonight. No sign of either happening, so why the re run?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

The pro Irish Water posters object

I'll stop you right there. Has a single poster claimed to be pro Irish Water? Being pro water charges is not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

hynesie08 wrote: »

Osmosis. Sure, may as well just say there were 300,000 at it. Why sell yourself short at 80,000?

First Up wrote: »

You dont need a magic wand to, for example, not give high profile high earning and very very important jobs to people who have absolutely and utterly failed in their previous roles.
    Multiple choice question:
    (Q) If I was in charge of my work place and ran it into the ground costing millions would I
    (1) Be sacked
    (2) Be sacked and investigated
    (3) Be sacked, investigated and perhaps some form of sanctions taken
    (4) All of the above and never ever employed in a similar role again
    (5) Given a lump sum retirement and then simple allowed walk into an even bigger role with an even bigger salary and then kept on in the role as it crumbles around mine and my employers ears.

No change then. 200K were supposed to attend this one and the Government were to fall tonight. No sign of either happening, so why the re run?

Oh right your basing your posts on the musings of a few random posters.

or was this a crystal ball thing?

Unsure.. does this mean its a promotion for the ideal that is IW or is it a negative. Its hard to read your posts. They are just so full of deflection rather than content.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »

i was there i seen it with my own eyes the whole of Nassau Street stretching back to College green was completely packed, there were so many people on Merrion Square you could barely move, this is in addition to protesters coming from O Connell street,etc.

not a chance was there only 30k, not a chance,absolute rubbish from the garda, but you'd expect nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

That's a very long sentence. Also, I think I'll believe the official figures rather than some random guestimate if it's all the same to you.

I'm curious as to why you think this is one of the worst governments in the history of the State? Really?
    The next protest will have 200k

Can I quote you on that? :pac: :rolleyes:

I'll stop you right there. Has a single poster claimed to be pro Irish Water? Being pro water charges is not the same thing.

Yes actually they have.

There was even a poll

So long as the charges are going to IW the difference is academic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ok let me slow this down Chiefster.

I asked you what you think of a HSE 'STYLE' behemoth. Now in case you are short of sight this is an IW thread so the obvious conclusion is that i was referring to IW when i made that comment.

Again in case you missed it im opposed to a HSE 'STYLE' organisation managing our water for all the reason the HSE is such a mess. And this is the same way IW was started.

If the road looks bad dont travel it.

Irish Water has to go now, and back to the drawing board.

I hope this explains the actual question i was asking you rather than the tangents you went off on because you didnt grasp the original question.

Mise le Meas

HSE is not a Semi State body and has no direct accountability.

That's the point.

People can die on trollies

More money is ploughed into it

People make mistakes

Huge payouts to people failed by the HSE

And nothing happens because they have a job for life.

That's why its a terrible comparison 'Chiefy woo' ;)

IW is in no way a HSE 'Style' setup at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Just in the door from a long day, on the whole the protest went quite well imo, quite the party/carnival atmosphere, the crowd was good humoured and in high spirits.

However, I am home about 3 hrs later than I was hoping for, the quays were devoid of traffic, couldn't get a bus, couldn't get a luas, found it nigh on impossible to get a taxi.

Why did these clowns have to block the bridge and upset not only people who were not protesting, but the folk who were protesting too?

Fcuk sake lads, if you're reading this, do yourselves a favour and stay the fcuk away on 31st of January FFS.

stop talking crap there was never gonna be that amount of people on this one.

there will be for the next one though.

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    That's a very long sentence. Also, I think I'll believe the official figures rather than some random guestimate if it's all the same to you.

I'm curious as to why you think this is one of the worst governments in the history of the State? Really?

Can I quote you on that? :pac: :rolleyes:

Obviously you have not been following the news the last year.

I mean Enda really is that bad. Gaff after Gaff after Gaff.

IF this was the UK there would be so few ministers left they would have collapsed. Scandal after scandal..

Do you read the news?

or ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

You dont need a magic wand to, for example, not give high profile high earning and very very important jobs to people who have absolutely and utterly failed in their previous roles.
    Multiple choice question:
    (Q) If I was in charge of my work place and ran it into the ground costing millions would I
    (1) Be sacked
    (2) Be sacked and investigated
    (3) Be sacked, investigated and perhaps some form of sanctions taken
    (4) All of the above and never ever employed in a similar role again
    (5) Given a lump sum retirement and then simple allowed walk into an even bigger role with an even bigger salary and then kept on in the role as it crumbles around mine and my employers ears.

But that is not fgs doing.

The job for life in the public sector has been here forever and ff rubber stamped it with the croke park agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Your additions have been positively enlightening. All hail our minty overlord.

Ovelord minty our hail All.enlightening positively been have additions Your.

Makes more sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement