Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seemingly you can run the tap 24/7 if you like.
    The charge stays the same.

Interesting....

Might get a Christmas bath in yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

You dont need a magic wand to, for example, not give high profile high earning and very very important jobs to people who have absolutely and utterly failed in their previous roles.
    Multiple choice question:
    (Q) If I was in charge of my work place and ran it into the ground costing millions would I
    (1) Be sacked
    (2) Be sacked and investigated
    (3) Be sacked, investigated and perhaps some form of sanctions taken
    (4) All of the above and never ever employed in a similar role again
    (5) Given a lump sum retirement and then simple allowed walk into an even bigger role with an even bigger salary and then kept on in the role as it crumbles around mine and my employers ears.

And you are talking about who?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

yipeeeee wrote: »
    But that is not fgs doing.

The job for life in the public sector has been here forever and ff rubber stamped it with the croke park agreement.

Oh wasnt it them that said they would erm... tackle it properly this time.

Efficiencies... accountabilities.

yes i think they were the tag lines.

FF are gone stop making excuses lads youve had 4 years, youve done nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

The job for life in the public sector has been here forever and ff rubber stamped it with the croke park agreement.

Well then do something about it.
    They ARE the government. Thats what we pay them for. It takes will and back bone

gladrags wrote: »
    Ovelord minty our hail All.enlightening positively been have additions Your.

Makes more sense.

Now i know you are in the boozer.

Its Wednesday fella. School night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ronsh2000

The pro Irish Water posters object to being called shills, trolls, Fg members and such do they?
    Well its this or they are grossly unintelligent, your choice.

Heres what I dont get.

Its a given that irish politics is rotten to the core. Enda even admitted this as FG took power when he referred to his intention to bring an end to FFs schleeveen, nod and wink politics. But instead he carried on in exactly the same vein and even as the Irish Water omnishambles began to come to light.

Then the omnishambles continued to deliver up more and more examples of how screwed up our politics is.
    We have a IW board stuffed to the gills with individuals who have been utter failures in previous roles costing the state multiples of millions, or people with no qualifications other than being in the FG clique, we have outrageous waste, shady shady dealings concerning tenders and Denis O'Brien (exaggerated I'll grant you but shady none the less), refusal to copper fasten the issue on future privatisation etc etc etc Christ theres so much !!!!
    Irish Water epitomises the corruption, eliteism, sense of entitlement and cronyism that is Irish Politics.
    If you are supporting or advocating the support of this insult then you are a either a FG hack, a troll or not very bright.
    It's a given that we've had enough austerity already. It's a given that we don't want any more tax increases. Paul Murphy TD, of the Anti Austerity Alliance, one of the organisers today, wrote in the Irish Times on Saturday that he wants us to pay the billions of euros needed to fix the water system directly through central taxation (rather than have it borrowed by Irish Water.) It is a given that it would be unintelligent to go out marching in support of an idiot like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Well then do something about it.
    They ARE the government. Thats what we pay them for. It takes will and back bone

One word.

Unions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    That's a very long sentence. Also, I think I'll believe the official figures rather than some random guestimate if it's all the same to you.

I'm curious as to why you think this is one of the worst governments in the history of the State? Really?

Can I quote you on that? :pac: :rolleyes:

how long you have got, they are far worse than FF , no one thought that was possible but with this lot they have "excelled themselves"

quote me all you want, if half a million showed up at the next one RTE /TV3 and the Garda would say 50,000, lies,lies and more lies!!!

you are what is referred to as a "gullible person" believe the propaganda and lies that is the so-called "official figures"

First Up wrote: »

There two to look up
    John Tierney
    Hubert Kearns

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

jonnny68 wrote: »
    i was there i seen it with my own eyes the whole of Nassau Street stretching back to College green was completely packed, there were so many people on Merrion Square you could barely move, this is in addition to protesters coming from O Connell street,etc.

not a chance was there only 30k, not a chance,absolute rubbish from the garda, but you'd expect nothing less.

Simply put,there is no way to estimate a crowd while standing in the middle of it. It's physically impossible. you just cannot see far enough in all directions to make an accurate judgement. based on video/photos id say 30-40,000 is accurate.

• Advertisement

One word.

Unions.

There is no real unions anymore, bunch of heads of unions that quite frankly are not serving their members and are in the pockets of some high level civil servants.

A smart politician would target that nonsense and show it to the members. (or former members)

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Simply put,there is no way to estimate a crowd while standing in the middle of it. It's physically impossible. you just cannot see far enough in all directions to make an accurate judgement. based on video/photos id say 30-40,000 is accurate.

Id say 60 - 70 based on attendance (myself) and photographs and images

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

First Up wrote: »

Phil Hogan?
    Enda Kenny?
    Yer man O'Rielly.?

One word.

Unions.

Ok. But I have nom power to change this but i have the power to not not support it.
    On the other hand we have these folk called The Government whos job it kinda is to sort this crap out.
    Oh BUT unions had no hand in the appointment of Coleman 'My daddy gives Fg money but other than that Im not remotely qualified' Sheehy.
    That pure FG cronyism right there.

listermint wrote: »
    There is no real unions anymore, bunch of heads of unions that quite frankly are not serving their members and are in the pockets of some high level civil servants.

A smart politician would target that nonsense and show it to the members. (or former members)

The govt have tried, wasn't there another agreement a while back?

They have cut public sector wages and tried getting rid of the highest earners.

But the unions and the threat from the likes of ESB to turn off electricity has held them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

listermint wrote: »
    Yes actually they have.

There was even a poll

Where is it? Any posters here pro IW?
    So long as the charges are going to IW the difference is academic.

Au contraire, it's elementary. I want to pay for the water I use. I do not want my water utility managed by a politicians buddy who has already proven themselves incompetent in a similar role. I would like to see people with sufficient experience taking over the role. I would also like the government to concede to the fact that it was very wrong to draft in job-for-lifers from CCs, and am willing to accept that the only way to get rid of them is by paid redundancy which will cost yet more money.

Is that clear enough? I am not in favour of Irish Water, but am in favour of water charges.

Au contraire, it's elementary. I want to pay for the water I use. I do not want my water utility managed by a politicians buddy who has already proven themselves incompetent in a similar role. I'll would like to see people with sufficient experience taking over the role. I would also like the government to concede to the fact that it was very wrong to draft in job-for-lifers from CCs, and am willing to accept that the only way to get rid of them is by paid redundancy which will cost yet more money.

Is that clear enough? I am not in favour of Irish Water, but am in favour of water charges.

This is basically my feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

hynesie08 wrote: »

i dont think so, to compare many times ive been to Croke Park when it was completely sold out, and the crowd today seemed bigger than that,they lied about the figures on every single protest that has happened so id expect them to do the same this time, regardless the fact that so many came from right across the country and beyond on a mid week day in the run up to xmas is in itself significant despite what some might try and say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

What are you on about? The Croke Park agreeement and it's replacement the Haddington Road was all about Pay Cuts and longer hours etc. Meanwhile Fine Gael created the monstrosity that is Irish Water, paying its staff way above Local Authority rates, way above while all the actual work is still being done by Local Authorities. If you see a leak you ring the Council, as you are used to doing, they give you the number in Irish Water to ring, then Irish water contact the Council who do all the work and then have to bill Irish Water for the work. You get your current Commercial Water bill from your local council, their staff have to read your meter, issue the bill, deal with any queries, receipt your payment, and then hand it all over in a lump sum to Irish Water. All FG doing - all FG doing. Give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Me Also

• Advertisement

how long you have got, they are far worse than FF , no one thought that was possible but with this lot they have "excelled themselves"

quote me all you want, if half a million showed up at the next one RTE /TV3 and the Garda would say 50,000, lies,lies and more lies!!!

you are what is referred to as a "gullible person" believe the propaganda and lies that is the so-called "official figures"

You are right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Au contraire, it's elementary. I want to pay for the water I use. I do not want my water utility managed by a politicians buddy who has already proven themselves incompetent in a similar role. I would like to see people with sufficient experience taking over the role. I would also like the government to concede to the fact that it was very wrong to draft in job-for-lifers from CCs, and am willing to accept that the only way to get rid of them is by paid redundancy which will cost yet more money.

So you're not in favour of Irish Water yet you are going to give them your money? Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

i dont think so, to compare many times ive been to Croke Park when it was completely sold out, and the crowd today seemed bigger than that,they lied about the figures on every single protest that has happened so id expect them to do the same this time, regardless the fact that so many came from right across the country and beyond on a mid week day in the run up to xmas is in itself significant despite what some might try and say.

It's not really comparable to croke park since a seat in croke park allows you a 360 view. In any crowd of this context you'd be lucky to see more than 10 people back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

So you're not in favour of Irish Water yet you are going to give them your money? Makes sense.

This, here, is the problem. Reading the last line of a post is the equivalent of looking at the black and white and ignoring the grey.

I thought making paragraphs in my posts would make them easier to read but apparently it's better if I just mash it all together and don't bother to use capitals or full stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

No change then. 200K were supposed to attend this one and the Government were to fall tonight. No sign of either happening, so why the re run?

If 1,000,000 turned up, you and your FG/Labour buddies would still cling to your positions....
    As is was, somewhere between 40,000-80,000 turned up to protest, on a freezing cold work day in December.
    If FG/Labour and their shills don't pay attention fairly soon they're heading to the opposition benches for another 15 years.
    They are there because of us and to work for us, they shouldn't forget that little fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Why the hell do you want to hand money over to IW then? Seriously like? People would have no issue paying for water if things were done fairly in this country.

And by fairly I mean there is a lot of work to be done which includes putting an end to corrupt civil war politics and starting again.

I am not in favour of being mugged by Irish water.

You are.

Let's leave it at that.

There two to look up
    John Tierney
    Hubert Kearns

So its personal with you then?

If 1,000,000 turned up, you and your FG/Labour buddies would still cling to your positions....
    As is was, somewhere between 40,000-80,000 turned up to protest, on a freezing cold work day in December.
    If FG/Labour and their shills don't pay attention fairly soon they're heading to the opposition benches for another 15 years.
    They are there because of us and to work for us, they shouldn't forget that little fact.

I'm sure I asked you this before but.... Who do you think should replace them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The organisers of these protests really need to cut the likes of Eirigi out of the movement. You had a successful enough protest today but what is everyone talking about? The 50 or so gobshítes who made everyone else's journey home a misery. Now say they aren't representative of the movement till you're blue in the face but try telling that to someone who was stuck in the freezing cold for hours waiting on their bus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement