Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Augmerson wrote: »
    I heard that out of the 45,000 Jobsbridge placements, 6,000 of those secured a job. That was on RTE Radio 1.
    From rte.ie
    That one sounds a bit more like a success.
    RTE.ie wrote:
    Three out of five people who have taken part in the Government's JobBridge scheme have secured full-time employment, with the Government claiming the internship scheme has been a success.

linky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Phoebas wrote: »
    From rte.ie

Hey Phoebas thanks, can you share the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

So much seems to be made of the water balloon incident - I must look into carrying one around in my pocket for self defensive purposes. Imagine the scenario - you're in a stand-off situation with a very aggressive person - you pull the water balloon from your pocket and the person immediately realises the game is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the logical explaination would be that FINALLY the protesters against austerity have realised that closing down the city on a Saturday is not good for the retail jobs that are still there.
    no its not. its probably to do with wednesday being human rights day as stated. closing down the city on a saturday is the best most effective way, and it means more can potentially turn up

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Only realised today the guy running the right 2 water group Brenda ogle .
    Is the same guy who tried to hold the country hostage to esb strikes over the winter and Christmas last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

no its not. its probably to do with wednesday being human rights day as stated. closing down the city on a saturday is the best most effective way, and it means more can potentially turn up
    There are protests on November 29, Saturday Dec 6 and also the Wednesday one on December 10.

Graces7 wrote: »
    As someone ha already said, she went back AFTER she had been removed so the second action WAS justified NOT Ok to defy the police! Not once, not twice.
    it wasn't justified at all. it is okay to defy the police in certain situations. the polices word isn't always final hence why we have rules to stop the police from behaving like wild animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

So much seems to be made of the water balloon incident - I must look into carrying one around in my pocket for self defensive purposes. Imagine the scenario - you're in a stand-off situation with a very aggressive person - you pull the water balloon from your pocket and the person immediately realises the game is up.

What about the tactic of blocking / banging on the car too? Sure if I have a dispute with a neighbour for example I can just try that to get my point across, particularly if they're female - harmless we're told.

Graces7 wrote: »
    So the ones who claim they cannot pay are out to spend?
    of course. they have to buy food for their families and the weekend is the best time to do the weekly shop. unless of course you would like them to starve

From rte.ie
    That one sounds a bit more like a success.

linky

This report is 18 months old though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Did you just read my comment in the other thread and repeat it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

it is okay to defy the police in certain situations.

Attacking the Taoiseachs car is not one of those situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,269 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

omega man wrote: »
    What about the tactic of blocking / banging on the car too? Sure if I have a dispute with a neighbour for example I can just try that to get my point across, particularly if they're female - harmless we're told.

Except it isn't a "neighbour".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

What? You mean that freeman bollixology doesn't actually work!!!!!

I mean it's proof Irish water have being spinning their figures/ numbers by counting all the unsigned forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

FREETV wrote: »
    There are protests on November 29, Saturday Dec 6 and also the Wednesday one on December 10.

I wasn't aware there was a protest on December 6th; link please.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Except it isn't a "neighbour".

So what? If I felt I had a genuine grievance with my neighbour why can't I do the same? She's a politician so it's open season yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

People are unhappy that they have to pay for water that they didnt use to have to pay for, whos running it is of relatively minor concern overall.

I know. Imagine what the figures must be like now in an improving labour market ;)

I know. Imagine what the figures must be like now in an improving labour market ;)

If the labour market was improving then why would there be a need for it?

• Advertisement

If the labour market was improving then why would there be a need for it?

Bad --> Improving --> More improvement --> Yet more improvement --> Full employment.

Even when we get back to a really strong employment market, there will still be a use for internship programs.

Gatling wrote: »
    Only realised today the guy running the right 2 water group Brenda ogle . Is the same guy who tried to hold the country hostage to esb strikes over the winter and Christmas last year

his name is Brendan ogle. he is one of irelands best trade union leaders and he will be shownn respect. he didn't try to hold anyone hostage but fought for our boys in the ESB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

his name is Brendan ogle. he is one of irelands best trade union leaders and he will be shownn respect. he didn't try to hold anyone hostage but fought for our boys in the ESB.

He will be shown nothing

Spoken like a union man

Our boys go away out of that

nm wrote: »
    Attacking the Taoiseachs car is not one of those situations.
    she didn't Attack the Taoiseachs car

Standing in front of a car and banging on the car = Attacking
    Throwing someone to the ground = Protection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Another reason for high electrical prices the crazy salaries ESB workers get plus benefits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

To be fair, the ESB is another commercial state company that needs a hell of a lot of trimming.
    Average wage in the ESB is twice that of similar companies in Europe.
    Almost as many dodgy 'allowances' as there is in the PS too.

"Our boys in the ESB". Then what about our boys in Irish Water??

• Advertisement

I just kind of banged on the bonnet ‘out, out, out’.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement