Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Phoebas wrote: »

That's 'attacking the taoiseach's car?
    FFS, you pro water tax lads really are quite the delicate little flowers, aren't you....
    Hard to know how you survive in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Standing in front of a car and banging on the car = Attacking
    Throwing someone to the ground = Protection
    throwing someone to the ground = brutality and assault

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

That all depends on the circumstances I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Another reason for high electrical prices the crazy salaries ESB workers get plus benefits
    the prices would be high anyway as a lot of money goes toards investment back into the infrastructure

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

FFS, you pro water tax lads really are quite the delicate little flowers, aren't you....

Personally I'm getting very tired of the line "you pro water tax lads" which you keep trotting out. Are you anti tax full stop? Personally I don't know anyone who is "pro tax". I'm not talking about IW here, just taxation in general.

Also can I ask if I had a gripe with you for whatever reason would it be acceptable to block your car in and bang the crap out of it whilst you were in it?

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Personally I'm getting very tired of the line "you pro water tax lads" which you keep trotting out. Are you anti tax full stop? Personally I don't know anyone who is "pro tax". I'm not talking about IW here, just taxation in general.

Also can I ask if I had a gripe with you for whatever reason would it be acceptable to block your car in and bang the crap out of it whilst you were in it?

Have my own successful business with a couple of full time employees so I'm hardly anti-tax. Fully compliant you'll be glad to hear.

You 'pro water tax' lads continually refer to protesters as shinners, scumbags, scroungers etc etc and have no problem with that.
    Funnily enough when you're referred to as 'pro tax' you get all defensive.
    As I said, delicate flowers.

You could try and block one of my vehicles in ok, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Hard to know how you survive in the real world

We're lovers NOT fighters. And don't you know, it's nice to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The government information service is flying the flag again, RTE being unbiased as normal :rolleyes:

Have my own successful business with a couple of full time employees so I'm hardly anti-tax. Fully compliant you'll be glad to hear.

You 'pro water tax' lads continually refer to protesters as shinners, scumbags, scroungers etc etc and have no problem with that.

You could try and block one of my vehicles in ok, I wouldn't recommend it though.

So you'd defend yourself, I see. Interesting double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

rte news reporting on the issue is biased towards support for the government

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

kneeing someone in the head = assault
    kneeing someone in the head to cushion their fall because your hot headed colleague threw them towards a metal pillar = heroic

I'm sensing an upward trend in people falling on to gardai appendages in the coming weeks

omega man wrote: »
    So you'd defend yourself, I see. Interesting double standards.

I would yea.
    Don't think I'd need a riot squad though.
    BTW, nice how you take one point to twist and ignore the other answers I gave you.
    Very, 'pro water tax' lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Just heard that there will be no charges until March? If so, I wonder will the pro-charges group still throw in a few bob for the water they use? Or will they sit back and enjoy the hard work the anti-charges protesters have put in and not pay...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

bjork wrote: »
    kneeing someone in the head = assault
    kneeing someone in the head to cushion their fall because your hot headed colleague threw them towards a metal pillar = heroic

I'm sensing an upward trend in people falling on to gardai appendages in the coming weeks

Followed by an increase in child benefits payments in 10 months time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It equates quite nicely with the large selection of "Activist" Vids on U Tube and elsewhere,depicting childderen being assaulted,wimmin being assaulted and dizabled people bein assaulted,not to mention the TOTAL disregard for Helt & Saftee by the oppressive agents of the State (Especially them forreners workin for Sierra & GMC)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSn-9zzMxIU

There's a skip load of excellent clips,but I kinda like the one above....

From the incoming phone-call at 5:20 onwards is rather good...."Go way wudja....:D"

Could'nt see Noírin doing any better to be honest ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I would yea.
    Don't think I'd need a riot squad though.
    BTW, nice how you take one point to twist and ignore the other answers I gave you.
    Very, 'pro water tax' lad!

What other point? You said you paid taxes, I never said you didn't. I was just genuinely curious about the pro taxers bit. Have I missed something?

You still have double standards about my other point. By the way I'd do the same as you but I also don't dispute an Garda's responsibility to do likewise to protect our national elected leaders whether I like them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Disgraceful scenes in Sligo last night, if any damage is done to one of the cars the person who did it should be made pay for the damage.

People seem to forget it's the taxpayer who pays for these cars.

Disgraceful scenes in Sligo last night, if any damage is done to one of the cars the person who did it should be made pay for the damage.

Like the people who did the damage to our state are made pay?

Like the people who did the damage to our state are made pay?

Well we voted them out, as for the bankers it's for the Gardai to investigate, anyway that's not what this thread is about.

Good to see a successful business,no matter what !

However,whats with this "Pro Water -Tax" thing you trot out ....I pay tax too...does'nt make me PRO Tax....I pay loadsa charges and impositions but I don't havta LIKE or LOVE any of them.

As far as the Water thing goes,my main concern was being ripped off TODAY,as was the original Government Plan...what's going to happen further down the line I have no idea..not a breeze,so I'll worry about that when it happens.

As a 4 adult household,mine looked to be royally screwed under the original plan,however if it now comes in around the €200 per anum mark I'll be OK with it.

If,as a society,we can support the ongoing success of Paddy Power,Ryanair,Diageo and Good ole Rupert Murdoch's SKY TV to the extent we do,then paying for other,more necessary stuff really should'nt be an issue ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Maybe we could ask

Mr Hubert Kearns (ex sligo county manager ) golden handshake € 270,000 , pension of € 68,000 per year now senior manager @IW earning €100,000.

OR

Mr. David O'Connor (ex fingal county manager)
    Retired in November 2013 with a €296,082.00 lump sum and a yearly pension of €73,394.00.

To step up and help our country and give us a "digout "

By the time Mr Kearns reaches the age of 85, he will have received €1.7m in annual pension payments.

Prior to retiring, Mr Kearns enjoyed a salary of €123,910

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/council-boss-retires-with-250k-lump-sum-250500.html

That could pay for many a "car repair "

Well we voted them out

And sent them off with pensions of €150k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Not sure if it has been posted yet but it looks like IW have made another mistake regarding private details. It's clear as day they don't have a clue what they are doing.

I can't post any links yet but the story is up near the top on The Journal.

Not sure if it has been posted yet but it looks like IW have made another mistake regarding private details. It's clear as day they don't have a clue what they are doing.

I can't post any links yet but the story is up near the top on The Journal.

This It ?

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-data-breach-wrong-email-address-1785115-Nov2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Stargate wrote: »
    Maybe we could ask

Mr Hubert Kearns (ex sligo county manager ) golden handshake € 270,000 , pension of € 68,000 per year now senior manager @IW earning €100,000.

OR

Retired in November 2013 with a €296,082.00 lump sum and a yearly pension of €73,394.00.

By the time Mr Kearns reaches the age of 85, he will have received €1.7m in annual pension payments.

irishexaminer.com/ireland/council-boss-retires-with-250k-lump-sum-250500.html[/url]

the lads at IW can't pay, no bonuses :(

.independent.ie/irish-news/water/controversial-irish-water-bonus-scheme-to-be-scrapped-30753881.html

Workers in the commercial semi-state had been in line to receive a maximum 'performance-related payment' of up to 15pc of salary, but a further 4pc payment which applied to those who "far exceeded" expectations has already been axed.

Staff had been in line for bonuses ranging from 2.75pc to 15pc for reaching these targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

This It ?

Yep that's the one. They say it won't happen again but sure that's what they said the last time it happened..

Maybe we could ask Mr Hubert Kearns (ex sligo county manager ) golden handshake € 270,000 , pension of € 68,000 per year now senior manager @IW earning €100,000.

OR

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/council-boss-retires-with-250k-lump-sum-250500.html

Absolutely 100% agree,not a single one of these people should have even been considered for IW positions.....On application they should have been sent the Dear John letter,telling them to fcux right off.

I would have no issue with the Government paying some lad €1,000,000 per anum to run the outfit IF he/she were of proven competence and had a track-record of success.

These fellah's have nothing on their CV's except decades of being "Safe Pairs of Hands",never excelling at any given task,merely ticking whatever box it was politically correct to tick.

To be brutally honest,Ireland really does'nt have people with such business competence in any great numbers (and will never have,should the various "Anti's"ever gain power) so I'd have searched further afield for the Top Brass.

These ex Local Authority types will stifle and destroy any real chance IW ever has of becoming "Class Leading" in Water Services Provision.

Maybe we could ask

OR

And?

A gravey train exists, I never said it didn't and no I'm not happy about it.

Again it has nothing to do with my original point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

t.

It does if you consider that by protesting against Irish Water and causing minimal damage to Endas wagon to stop Irish Water, the tax payers will save a massive amount in crooks and thieves adding to their massive pensions and bribe money piles.

• Advertisement

And?

A gravey train exists, I never said it didn't and no I'm not happy about it.

I thought i was answering your original point Galwayguy35 re you wanted someone to pay for any damage to cars .

I merely pointed out to you the sickening greed in Irish politics , and how we can pay for such "damage ".

Sorry my answer didn't suit your agenda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement