Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ronsh2000

Wow the pro water sheep now defending a hit and run.
    Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

they're is no deffence for driving a vehicle on to a footpath and moing down people. i don't care what supposibly happened to "cause" it. hopefully the bit of vermin responsible will be swiftly caught and locked up indefinitely

No of course you don't you just want something to beat the 'pro water' people with.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Idbatterim wrote: »
    yeah and look at the amount of wasters that want someone else to pay for it, at least those in IW are actually working and contributing to some extent...

I think there are good arguments for privatisation in general. You claim and possibly correctly so, that the private companies are parasites and what the government alternatives are models for efficiency and the pay / pension levels etc are ok, its just a case of which parasite is the best option...
    they're are no arguments for privatization of public services. if private companies want to be involved they can pay to use the infrastructure or build their own to complement ours, but the state option must be protected. given a choice the state and its faults is the better option, but ideally we'd wipe out the cronyism and the rest. but no parracitic private companies for our water unless as i said they are in along with the state company

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Trond wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense.

There was no protest planned for O'Connell St Bridge from 3pm to 730pm or Abbey St.

Blocking the Luas was a new low. With all your great "ideas" what do you suggest for people who rely on that mode of transport?

Plan ahead a month or more people knew this was on, what happened on O Connell bridge happened at the last protest as well or do people have collective amnesia as regards that

Easier to bitch and moan then take 5 minutes to make alternative arrangements

Shin

shinzon wrote: »
    Plan ahead a month or more people knew this was on, what happened on O Connell bridge happened at the last protest as well or do people have collective amnesia as regards that

Shin

Even easier to not block transport during an unrelated protest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

they're are no arguments for privatization of public services. if private companies want to be involved they can pay to use the infrastructure or build their own to complement ours, but the state option must be protected. given a choice the state and its faults is the better option, but ideally we'd wipe out the cronyism and the rest. but no parracitic private companies for our water unless as i said they are in along with the state company

a state owned mess can be changed at a push.

a privately owned mess will just keep getting sold on to the next highest bidder, while keeping the people behind the process nice and snug and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Shin

Easier to next time drag them into a fleet of vans and lock them away for a night, if nothing else i reckon crime in the city would drop a hefty % while they are otherwise occupied.

Comments like that really do no favours to the so called protesters. Man jumps in front of Garda van and rightfully gets arrested might be a more appropriate headline
    no . cyclist knocked over and bundled into a van is what happened. not surprising though, considering we have some wild animals hell bent on condoning and supporting brootlizing anti-water protesters

Daith wrote: »
    And all protesters do is bitch and moan without offering any alternative.

Though are you suggesting people should have bought bikes to get around the protesters on O'Connell street. What nonsense.

You must be physically incapacitated then not to be able to walk a couple of stops around the protestors and continue on your journey

Only conclusion I can think of tbh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ronsh2000

Tony EH wrote: »
    So, you're condoning a crime.
    No. It is a crime to leave the scene of an accident, but I think if there's an angry mob chasing after you that might be seen as a reasonable excuse. Do you not think so?

• Advertisement

Even easier to not block transport during an unrelated protest.

Nope next

Shin

no . cyclist knocked over and bundled into a van is what happened. not surprising though, considering we have some wild animals hell bent on condoning and supporting brootlizing anti-water protesters

And you have evidence of this lie right?

You must be physically incapacitated then not to be able to walk a couple of stops around the protestors and continue on your journey

Shin

Easy to walk around the protesters but no good if protesters are stopping the actual buses from getting to the stops :rolleyes:

Easier to next time drag them into a fleet of vans and lock them away for a night, if nothing else i reckon crime in the city would drop a hefty % while they are otherwise occupied.

For someone who said earlier you weren't inconvenienced in the slightest you seem hell bent on locking everyone up

Makes me laugh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

No of course you don't you just want something to beat the 'pro water' people with.

Not to mention the fact that for all we know the person driving the SUV might also have been a protestor :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

ronsh2000 wrote: »
    No. It is a crime to leave the scene of an accident, but I think if there's an angry mob chasing after you that might be seen as a reasonable excuse. Do you not think so?

No it's a crime to drive on a footpath occupied with innocent pedestrians, knock one over, and continue to drive with an other on the bonnet, then leave the scene.

Unacceptable, disgusting, thuggish, behaviour,

wrong. this bit of vermin drove on to a footpath. such vermin is a danger to society and must be locked up

Not to mention the fact that for all we know the person driving the SUV might also have been a protestor :pac:

Or indeed just some random with no interest in whats going on either way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Daith

Shin

No, I watched my pregnant friend get a taxi because she couldn't use the Luas from the IFSC. But hey that's all fine right?

I could have told her to walk and watch the protesters do their democratic journey but I think I just called them ****ing cnuts tbh.

Nope next

Shin

How is that not easier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Or indeed just some random with no interest in whats going on either way :D

Watch-out ... I think you are not taking side and having a balanced opinion there!

For someone who said earlier you weren't inconvenienced in the slightest you seem hell bent on locking everyone up

Makes me laugh

Shin

I left D'Olier street, walked to Tara street station and got dart home, many thousands were not so fortunate. Lowlifes blocked the roads and should have been dragged away and if they resisted then yes they should have been locked up. Says more about you than me that you are willing to let a few lowlifes hold a city to ransom at rush hour.

wrong. this bit of vermin drove on to a footpath. such vermin is a danger to society and must be locked up

I don't recall disagreeing with that. My issue is with your insistence on connecting it with the water debate.

a state owned mess can be changed at a push.

a privately owned mess will just keep getting sold on to the next highest bidder, while keeping the people behind the process nice and snug and warm.
    true, hence why any charges for using the infrastructure would be to high for private companies to bother, but we'd have any supposed "competition" nonsense covered but with no interest, the EU could do **** all about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Makes me laugh

Shin

So he's not allowed to care about the delays for his fellow commuters? Classic Mé Féin attitude, and you out protesting for the future of water for everyone in Ireland :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

How is that not easier?

I wouldn't humour him to be honest.

Easy to walk around the protesters but no good if protesters are stopping the actual buses from getting to the stops :rolleyes:

How many buses were stopped what exact routes were effected not every single bus in Dublin was stopped by the protestors yesterday surely, if they were then again no contingency plans drawn up no alternate routes planned

Jaysus Dublins a shambles as regards planning for a protest day if that actually happened, kinda like the leaves stopping the trains in the UK

:rolleyes:

Shin

would cost to much and mean to much trouble compared to letting it fizel out naturally

hju6 wrote: »
    No it's a crime to drive on a footpath occupied with innocent pedestrians, knock one over, and continue to drive with an other on the bonnet, then leave the scene.

Unacceptable, disgusting, thuggish, behaviour,

Who says they are innocent? For all you know they had attacked the driver and the driver was attempting to get away, The fact there is very little in the news about this says there is more to it than meets the eye regarding a short video.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't humour him to be honest.

Probably wise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement