Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

ronsh2000 wrote: »
    No. It is a crime to leave the scene of an accident, but I think if there's an angry mob chasing after you that might be seen as a reasonable excuse. Do you not think so?

No, I don't.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR A MOTORIST TO MOUNT A PAVEMENT, KNOCK OVER PEDESTRIANS AND THEN LEAVE THE SCENE OF THE CRIME.

Surely, you can understand THAT.

Or does your understanding only extend to the guy you want to side with.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Daith

shinzon wrote: »
    How many buses were stopped what exact routes were effected not every single bus in Dublin was stopped by the protestors yesterday surely, if they were then again no contingency plans drawn up no alternate routes planned

The Luas only went to Smithfield. Not as if you or those protesters cared about your fellow Irish man though,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Who says they are innocent? For all you know they had attacked the driver and the driver was attempting to get away, The fact there is very little in the news about this says there is more to it than meets the eye regarding a short video.

No, you clearly haven't read the script. The driver was hired by the pro water alliance in order to injure as many of the peaceful protestors as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ronsh2000 wrote: »
    No. It is a crime to leave the scene of an accident, but I think if there's an angry mob chasing after you that might be seen as a reasonable excuse. Do you not think so?
    they're is no reasonable excuse for this act of terrorism. the person responsible must be caught and locked up as they are a danger to society

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

would cost to much and mean to much trouble compared to letting it fizel out naturally

Not in the least, find a nice open air pen for them to sit in and let them stew for a while as they are processed, couple of guards with pepper spray would easily keep the lowlifes in line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

And you have evidence of this lie right?

he probably has about as much evidence as joeswanson did earlier in the thread when he claimed the cyclist jumped infront of the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Daith wrote: »
    No, I watched my pregnant friend get a taxi because she couldn't use the Luas from the IFSC. But hey that's all fine right?

I could have told her to walk and watch the protesters do their democratic journey but I think I just called them ****ing cnuts tbh.

Yes tbh she got home made an alternative arrangement as ive been saying, whats wrong with that shed be more comfortable in a taxi then the luas im sure, just made my argument tbh

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Would have been quite ironic if the ambulance couldn't get to the protestor blocking the road in time to save their life.

Wonder if the protestors even thought they could be hindering an ambulance getting to someone quick if needed be.

Yes tbh she got home made an alternative arrangement as ive been saying, whats wrong with that shed be more comfortable in a taxi then the luas im sure, just made my argument tbh

Shin

That she had to spend more money to get home because of a bunch of twats?

Lucky she can afford it of course.

I thought your protest was about people not being able to pay "No way we won't pay" but you're happy for other people to pay more?

they're is no reasonable excuse for this act of terrorism. the person responsible must be caught and locked up as they are a danger to society

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Advertisement

he probably has about as much evidence as joeswanson did earlier in the thread when he claimed the cyclist jumped infront of the cops.

You mean in the video where the cyclist jumps in front of the cops in the van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I love the way people are taking the moral high ground about the hit and run victim (quite rightly) but are mentioning nothing about the Garda who was injured while doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Who says they are innocent? For all you know they had attacked the driver and the driver was attempting to get away, The fact there is very little in the news about this says there is more to it than meets the eye regarding a short video.
    they're was no excuse for this act of verminry and attempted murder. hopefully the dreg responsible will be caught and locked up

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

andyman wrote: »
    I love the way people are taking the moral high ground about the hit and run victim (quite rightly) but are mentioning nothing about the Garda who was injured while doing his job.

It's almost as if they were biased in some way. Kinda like how they portray the Guards to be Denis O'Briens personal security force.

they're was no excuse for this act of verminry and attempted murder. hopefully the dreg responsible will be caught and locked up

It wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Laugh of the day. The so called protesters attacking the car appear to have eirigi flags but its the person desperately trying to escape their violent attack thats a terrorist.

I think it's time for a wee lie down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ronsh2000

hju6 wrote: »
    No it's a crime to drive on a footpath occupied with innocent pedestrians, knock one over, and continue to drive with an other on the bonnet, then leave the scene.

Unacceptable, disgusting, thuggish, behaviour,
    I don't have all the details so I can't judge. I don't know.

The Luas only went to Smithfield. Not as if you or those protesters cared about your fellow Irish man though,

It was one day of protest no one not anyone anywhere on Dublin council could organise something to get people from the luas to home, Christ youd think Dublin was under siege or something they way people are going on

And you can play the sympathy card all you want doesn't wash with me, 5 minutes of planning would be all itd take to get around the protestors yesterday but people just seem to want to target it as something god awful that happened.

Such idiocy displayed on this thread by the pro side tis unbelieveable

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I thought your protest was about people not being able to pay "No way we won't pay" but you're happy for other people to pay more?

It's genius.... How can you pay your water bill if all your wages are going on taxi's.

Well played Eirigi, Well played.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Bob24 wrote: »
    Again, I don't see the word "water" mentioned a single time in the article you quoted, and it is an article published by an Irish based newspaper based on an Irish survey funded by a "Galway based businessman".

:confused: And I dont see the word water mentioned in your post, you said "the charges".
    Are you saying Red C are faking the poll? And they say the protestors have tinfoil hats!!! :pac:

And you can play the sympathy card all you want doesn't wash with me

That's rich given you play the sympathy card all the time about people being unable to afford to pay for water.

You don't want to pay for water. Make alternate arrangements for your water and waste water so

Saying it's okay for people to pay more to get a taxi but it's not okay for people to pay more water is hypocritical at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

I like how you edited it from "act of terrorism" to "attempted murder", you should never go 100% bullshît. 70% seems safe.

She got home end of story you want to make a point you need to come up with something better then a story that she had the sense to get a taxi and actually avoid the protest

Although thanks again for making my point for me

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Ok that's grand then, next time I feel threatened I'll mount the pavement and start running people over.

If the place awash with protesters, where were the Gards ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭gene_slackman

How is property a good indicator of the economy performing? Its clearly a supply issue.:rolleyes:

of course its an indicator , its a sign of confidence , houses were far better value four years ago yet no one wanted to buy

She got home end of story you want to make a point you need to come up with something better then a story that she had the sense to get a taxi and actually avoid the protest

Why should she pay more to get past protesters who don't want to pay more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

andyman wrote: »

i mentioned it. twice.

i said i was there when it happened and i called the guy a fuking idiot for doing it.

only 3 or 4 pages back too.

It was one day of protest no one not anyone anywhere on Dublin council could organise something to get people from the luas to home, Christ youd think Dublin was under siege or something they way people are going on

And you can play the sympathy card all you want doesn't wash with me, 5 minutes of planning would be all itd take to get around the protestors yesterday but people just seem to want to target it as something god awful that happened.

Such idiocy displayed on this thread by the pro side tis unbelieveable

Shin

Here with go with the black and white, pro vs. anti nonsense. You don't have to be against water charges to think protestors blocking off public transport is unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

hju6 wrote: »
    If the place awash with protesters, where were the Gards ?

Irrelevant, you're saying the driver should never be mounting the pavement like that. If the scenario is the what Timber described, why are people doing that to the car in the first place?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement