Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Fuhrer wrote: »
    It does if you consider that by protesting against Irish Water and causing minimal damage to Endas wagon to stop Irish Water, the tax payers will save a massive amount in crooks and thieves adding to their massive pensions and bribe money piles.

Damaging cars is against the law, no matter what you think of the person sitting in it.

Yeah hitting his car will really make him change his mind in water charges...

Stargate wrote: »

Bloody hell, he emails asking a question and they reply back "Thank you for your email, It is Appreciated".

Who are they employing at IW? Simple enough to send a reply back stating they have forwarded to relevant dept who will contact them in due course. And what's with the capital letters in the middle of the sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Damaging cars is against the law, no matter what you think of the person sitting in it.

Yeah hitting his car will really make him change his mind in water charges...

What damage was done to the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

People have been pushed beyond breaking point while Enda, Alan Kelly, Joan etc keep making smug remarks regarding the whole situation every time they give an interview. People feel like their voices are not being heard and the countless numbers of peaceful protests that have been taking place up and down the country are being ignored. Then people wonder why they are angry and banging on cars? If you ignore someone's voice long enough then they start to feel like they have to get your attention some other way.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What damage was done to the car?

I'm talking in general, as you were in your previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Bloody hell, he emails asking a question and they reply back "Thank you for your email, It is Appreciated".

Who are they employing at IW? Simple enough to send a reply back stating they have forwarded to relevant dept who will contact them in due course. And what's with the capital letters in the middle of the sentence?
    Quick. Shut Irish Water down. Somebody down at Abtran has bad grammar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Phoebas wrote: »

LoL Phoebas :D Can i quote you on that sometime in the future ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

People have been pushed beyond breaking point while Enda, Alan Kelly, Joan etc keep making smug remarks regarding the whole situation every time they give an interview. People feel like their voices are not being heard and the countless numbers of peaceful protests that have been taking place up and down the country are being ignored. Then people wonder why they are angry and banging on cars? If you ignore someone's voice long enough then they start to feel like they have to get your attention some other way.

Their voices are being heard. And not ignored.
    Just because the government doesnt do what these people want them to do doesnt mean they arent.
    Thats not how democracy works. Its not do what the parade, the protestors, or those making the loudest song and dance about a given topic want.
    If there was genuine merit in the anti water charge group, then they would have explained their case with sufficient reason, and the government would have changed their policy.
    But there isnt a strong enough case made. So the government does what it is elected to do - act in the best interest of all citizens. Just because some dont like the consequences of that, is not sufficient reason to do the wrong thing.

I thought i was answering your original point Galwayguy35 re you wanted someone to pay for any damage to cars .

I merely pointed out to you the sickening greed in Irish politics , and how we can pay for such "damage ".

Sorry my answer didn't suit your agenda.

No need for the edit, no agenda here.

Phoebas wrote: »

Considering you missed the main query in my post, it wouldn't surprise me if you sent IWs reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

AlekSmart wrote: »

As a 4 adult household,mine looked to be royally screwed under the original plan,however if it now comes in around the €200 per anum mark I'll be OK with it.

Really? So the fact that our water supply can be sold off by IW to another private entity in years to come is not worrying to you?

We actually don't know who will own our water supply in a few years if this quango goes ahead. So for me, it's not really about the paying of water per se, I just feel uncomfortable not knowing whose hands it will end up in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Wurly wrote: »
    Really? So the fact that our water supply can be sold off by IW to another private entity in years to come is not worrying to you?

We actually don't know who will own our water supply in a few years if this quango goes ahead. So for me, it's not really about the paying of water per se, I just feel uncomfortable not knowing whose hands it will end up in!

So are you looking for ESB and Bord Gais to be written into the constitution too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

throwing someone to the ground = brutality and assault

Just out of interest, if your car was being attacked, sorry not attacked - battered on by a braindead hooligan then, who had already been pulled away once by the Garda, how would you suggest they deal with it the second time?

Given that the attacker, protester could do anything next and had already shown complete unwillingness to co-operate?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Did you miss the news today where Enda Kenny promised laws to ensure IW stays public?

So are you looking for ESB and Bord Gais to be written into the constitution too?

If that means that i'd prefer the government don't sell off OUR natural resources like they have done in the past, then yes please!

Did you miss the news today where Enda Kenny promised laws to ensure IW stays public?

I did actually miss that. I would be very surprised if this happens. But we'l see. Anyways, it's not fully public as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

Ha ha this is a joke right? The ESB and Bord Gais do not own our electricity and gas anymore. Electric Ireland and Airtricity are 2 known companies that now sell us power and gas.

If the country bends over and takes the water chargers up its pipe we will have Waterticity and Splash Water and who's your face selling us our water.

Beyond a joke a this stage. But lets sit back and talk about yer man smashing bricks through the Garda's windows. That makes more sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ha ha this is a joke right? The ESB and Bord Gais do not own our electricity and gas anymore. Electric Ireland and Airtricity are 2 known companies that now sell us power and gas.

If the country bends over and takes the water chargers up its pipe we will have Waterticity and Splash Water and who's your face selling us our water.

Beyond a joke a this stage. But lets sit back and talk about yer man smashing bricks through the Garda's windows. That makes more sense.

Another one who missed this evenings news i see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

Did you miss the bit, sorry, BITS AFTER BITS AFTER where politicians tell fibs to placate the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

I did actually miss that. I would be very surprised if this happens. But we'l see. Anyways, it's not fully public as it stands.

Just because IW isn't privatised doesn't mean they won't ratchet up the price in years to come.
    The privatisation thing is a red herring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

...until enough 'customers' have signed up more like, sadly Mr Kenny has lost the confidence of the people/mob whatever you want to call them

Nodster wrote: »
    ...until enough 'customers' have signed up more like, sadly Mr Kenny has lost the confidence of the people/mob whatever you want to call them

I see the people in Navan are getting ready to welcome him there at 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I see the people in Navan are getting ready to welcome him there at 8pm

He's due in your neck of the woods on Friday I hear.

Nodster wrote: »

I have full confidence in him.

The opinion of the unthinking mob is valueless and will not deflect him or his government from doing what is best for the country as a whole.

AN TAOISEACH Enda Kenny is to visit Cork on Friday of next week to announce more jobs for the city.
    Mr Kenny will be at the offices of the Blackpool-based online gaming company, Xanadu, to make what has been described as a “significant job creation” announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

that fella would turn up at the opening of a envelope these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

200 women protesting against Garda violence are outside Coolock Garda station. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1500410160235437&set=pcb.1500410220235431&type=1&permPage=1

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

any links? looking forward to it.

Just because IW isn't privatised doesn't mean they won't ratchet up the price in years to come.
    The privatisation thing is a red herring.

Exactly. The price will ratchett up whoever owns it until the true price of delivering water through a sustainable infrastructure. One way or another we will be paying the correct price. Who owns it will have little or no effect on the price. So who cares who owns it. 'Public' does not mean 'free'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

The networks still belong to the state, they just allow other suppliers to use them. You are against competition I take it? You'd prefer if all our utilities were written into the constitution as state monopolies?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement