Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Wurly wrote: »
    If that means that i'd prefer the government don't sell off OUR natural resources like they have done in the past, then yes please!

Would you prefer that waste collection had been left in the control of the Local Councils?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

any links? looking forward to it.

He prob believed him when he came on tv here and told us it "wasn't our fault, and we weren't to blame" for the countries financial crisis, then in the next breath headed off to to the EU for some hair ruffling by Sarkozy and Angie, while telling them "we all partied like mad yokes".

If Enda promised me morning followed night I'd be sceptical tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

moxin wrote: »
    200 women protesting against Garda violence are outside Coolock Garda station. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1500410160235437&set=pcb.1500410220235431&type=1&permPage=1

Sons Locked up by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭waking dreams

The networks still belong to the state, they just allow other suppliers to use them. You are against competition I take it? You'd prefer if all our utilities were written into the constitution as state monopolies?

That's the scary thing. The other suppliers are the ones that I am scared of. I would like to see the correct people looking after our utilities. That certainly isn't the people who are currently in charge of our state nor any of the current competition.

But that opens the box on how to correctly "run" a country.

We have been given a few options. But they are all ****e really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

The networks still belong to the state, they just allow other suppliers to use them. You are against competition I take it? You'd prefer if all our utilities were written into the constitution as state monopolies?

Does the government get involved in the pricing structure of other utilities? They really need to let IW be.

This whole water protest has gone from law abiding protest to alot of law breaking tuggery. And as was stated today shouting peaceful protest doesnt make it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Yes for no apparent reason , go figure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

This whole water protest has gone from law abiding protest to alot of law breaking tuggery. And as was stated today shouting peaceful protest doesnt make it so.

As much as shouting 'dissident' or 'ultra-factions' doesn't too.....

Nodster wrote: »
    that fella would turn up at the opening of a envelope these days

A brown one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Also shouting "There's a sick choile in da car!" or "You've sworn an oath!" or "De Rising leaders are turnin in der graves!" doesn't make the job of Gardaí facilitating legitimate public works/freedom of movement less legal.

any truth in the rumours, they're (Govt) are looking at placing outstanding charges against the house, as in a home can't be sold until any outstanding water charges associated with it are settled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

any truth in the rumours, they're (Govt) are looking at placing outstanding charges against the house, as in a home can't be sold until any outstanding water charges associated with it are settled?

Heard that on the news.

It would be a good move.

Stargate wrote: »

Yeah, sure. But here are a few anyway;

* Criminal damage
    * Wilful Obstruction
    * Obstruction of a peace officer

bajer101 wrote: »
    Would you prefer that waste collection had been left in the control of the Local Councils?

Seemingly the private operators are making handsome profits from waste collection.
    Why couldn't the LA's?

Ha ha so true prison is full of innocent people

Valetta wrote: »
    Heard that on the news.

It would be a good move.

Certainly would.

Definitely would encourage thousands of landlords, and local authorities to join the protests too. (seeing as tenants can't be forced into contracts with Irish Water)

I see a wee flaw in that 'masterplan' :pac:

donvito99 wrote: »
    Yeah, sure. But here are a few anyway;

* Criminal damage
    * Wilful Obstruction
    * Obstruction of a peace officer

My post donvito99 was tongue in cheek , but please go ahead and knock yourself out.

dated 30 Sept. Laughable I must say, not you, what Enda said in the article. So much has changed with regards to IW since that. Can I ask, do you believe him? Do you believe he will be re elected? Do you believe that the person who takes the throne wont big fat and make it private anyway?

I haven't got it in me to read the whole thread, so what is your view on the water charges? I would love to hear them, I am sure they are better than what they are currently asking.

My post donvito99 was tongue in cheek , but please go ahead and knock yourself out.

But I know you Stargate and your posts very often are serious...ly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I get the feeling that with all the concession the government are making to address concerns, we will start to see the real motives of the people leading some of the anti-meter groups.

donvito99 wrote: »
    But I know you Stargate and your posts very often are serious...ly wrong.

You know me Ha , you must be related to that other fella Beano1 or whatever he is called :pac:

I get the feeling that with all the concession the government are making to address concerns, we will start to see the real motives of the people leading some of the anti-meter groups.

That is the day I become a very happy man. I also think everyone shall also be very happy men and women and kids and dogs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

In terms of perception the government have appeared utterly cowardly in both their setup of Irish Water and their subsequent climbdowns in the face of protests.

They were cowardly in stuffing the new quango with legions of underutilised bureaucrats from local authorities and endemically overpaid and under-qualified staff (e.g Hubert Kearns). They were cowardly in expecting the taxpayer to front up the costs for the qaungo while at the same time determining operation policy on the fly and backing it up with a less than brutal customer service. And of course they had a puppet CEO (with a less than impressive track record) who seemed to accept political interference willingly.

It is a testament to the protesters but again the government appear cowardly in the successive climbdowns over the past few weeks. They are pushing out timelines, reducing yet to be published charges, adding overcomplicated tax relief, adding non-privatisation clauses (finally), setting up an inquiry (Jesus wept) on the IW guaranteed bonus scheme, removing PPS requirement etc etc etc. At the same time there is very little talk about fixing those all important leaks (40%?).

Be under no illusions, this is an exceptionally weak government with very weak leadership. I don't see them lasting until Summer 2015. Cowardly & inept but at least the arrogance is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Is that a sexist comment against women? While you're at it, provide evidence that you know any of these women have family locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

The govt's promises that water charges will be "fair" are a complete joke

What is fair about a household of 2 (adults) paying the same as a household of 6, 8, 10 . . .????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Valetta wrote: »
    Heard that on the news.

It would be a good move.

It's a bit naive to call another throw of the dice a "good move"

The govt's promises that water charges will be "fair" are a complete joke

What is fair about a household of 2 (adults) paying the same as a household of 6, 8, 10 . . .????

Ah, here. We'll just have to get out and protest about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

Ah, here. We'll just have to get out and protest about that.
    all in good time.....that's exactly what we will be doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement