Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nodster wrote: »
    that fella would turn up at the opening of a envelope these days

Will be uncle Denis be there too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

hmmm wrote: »
    God Dublin city centre is going to be gouger central on the 10th.

I thought the Fianna fail ard fheis was earlier in the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

FG party gathering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

IW needs senior experienced managers of public services to manage such an crucial business. Makes sense to recruit him if they did.

like mr. kearns? sure isnt he a grand chap altogether.

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=28328
    Hubert Kearns yesterday, 3 November, finally ended a shambolic tenure as Sligo County Manager leaving in his wake a crippling debt of €80million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Taken from another thread.

Cross post here as this gets to the heart of the fiscal issues.

In 2013 we took in 37.8 billiion in taxes (1). That's our real spending money. We spent 20.3 billion on social welfare in 2013 (2). Yes that is 54% out of all of our taxes is spent on social welfare.

Whinge all you like and banks and bondholders this is the sickening reality for the irish tax payer.

Haha, do you write for the daily mail or sindo? Hilarious stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

In 2013 we took in 37.8 billiion in taxes (1). That's our real spending money. We spent 20.3 billion on social welfare in 2013 (2). Yes that is 54% out of all of our taxes is spent on social welfare.

Whinge all you like and banks and bondholders this is the sickening reality for the irish tax payer.

Less of your facts around here. People don't take kindly to facts and common sense

We need an election asap.

it was the banks and bondholders that helped create a social welfare bill that size.. lest we forget :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

dav3 wrote: »
    Haha, do you write for the daily mail or sindo? Hilarious stuff.

It's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Is'nt that every day when the Dail is in session?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

And yet we can afford a disproportionately higher per capita and substantially better paid number of politicians than most other EU states, can afford to put individuals who leave counties they managed 80m in debt heading up national utilities. Were not broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Satriale wrote: »
    Is'nt that every day when the Dail is in session?
    The organisers for this gathering have shown their complete contempt for anyone with a job by holding it on a working day. I think we know now who is complaining about water charges and who the protestors hope to foist the bill onto.

It will be interesting to see whether any "ordinary" people turn up to support those who will aim to throw bricks at the Guards and spit at politicians.

Pigfoot wrote: »
    Were not broke!

we're 'restructured' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Quick question... based on the new package, the charges for a single occupier are about half of that for 2 adults occupying. How will IW know how many adults are in a house?

There are 2 of us. If I say I'm here all on my lonesome, how can they prove otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Scarla fy ya.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Here's a poster moaning about waste of taxpayers money yet has no qualm with 700m+ of taxpayers money having being spent setting up Irish Water and installing water meters. I as a top rate taxpayer oppose the sickening reality of the Irish taxpayer who have faced this extra burden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

The organisers for this gathering have shown their complete contempt for anyone with a job by holding it on a working day. I think we know now who is complaining about water charges and who the protestors hope to foist the bill onto.

I know right, damn those organisers for holding International Human Rights day on a working day. And damn them for giving notice months in advance so people can book time off. You know that people work weekends as well right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

garhjw wrote: »
    Crime rates will be down elsewhere in the city though

These types of condescending, sneering comments are exactly what is currently bringing down this govt.

Keep it up though.

Posted by the same poster Who brought us this classic post

Gosub wrote: »
    Quick question... based on the new package, the charges for a single occupier are about half of that for 2 adults occupying. How will IW know how many adults are in a house?

There are 2 of us. If I say I'm here all on my lonesome, how can they prove otherwise?

they cant. which is part of what makes this so unfair and ridiculous. those of us lucky enough not to be metered can swim in nice fresh water all day long without paying a penny over our set 'tax'.

... that is if we chose to pay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

It will be interesting to see whether any "ordinary" people turn up to support those who will aim to throw bricks at the Guards and spit at politicians.

Where have protestors thrown bricks at Guards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Turn the water cannons on them for their yearly bath! THey will all be looking to the social welfare for a free shower gel allowance though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I hope 1 of the "protestors" doesn't rob or vandalise my bicycle. I lock it up in town when I am WORKING

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Why?

Will you be there?

Are you Enda Kenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

People keep making the same "It's only going to be all the scroungers out" comments before every protest then after the protest happens not a word for them, wonder why that is ;)

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Turn the water cannons on them for their yearly bath!

hope the cannons arent on a meter! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

The Dail sits on that day, not the Saturday. But hey, lets hear your Denis O'Brien controlled Indo rabble against the ordinary people, go on continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Yea, you might get hit by a water balloon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Yea, you might get hit by a water balloon :-)
    Nah, I'll be working - someone has to pay for their dole.

I hope 1 of the "protestors" doesn't rob or vandalise my bicycle. I lock it up in town when I am WORKING

Umm I work and I'll be at the protest. Shift work isn't real work is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Paul Murphy, Brendan ogle says it all.
    no it doesn't. Brendan ogle is a great man and one of irelands best trade unionists. he is a man who you need on your side, who will fight for you no matter what by whatever way he can

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement