Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Pigfoot

Who's the alternative though? Sinn Fein? Fianna Fail?

In all reality is there actually an alternative?

A rainbow coalition of all parties such as many small countries have. a reformed Dail with a neutral Ceann Comhairle, free vote, speaking right for all elected TD, . Force all these different ideologies to step up to the mark. Could be a disaster but we are already in a disaster. Clutching at straws seems like a good alternative to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

That fool hasn't a clue and is an embarrassment to the people he is supposed to be representing.
    No, he tells the truth and you may be biased it seems.

That fool hasn't a clue and is an embarrassment to the people he is supposed to be representing.

He fits in perfectly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FREETV wrote: »
    True and that is exactly why Enda Kenny said NO to Mick Wallace in the Dail yesterday when Mick asked him to dissolve the Dail and call for a general election after Mick said that they had lost the trust of the people and had no mandate.

To be honest if I was in Enda's position I would have told that prick to **** off myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nothing biased about pointing out that the man is as thick as 2 planks.

• Advertisement

Who's the alternative though? Sinn Fein? Fianna Fail?

In all reality is there actually an alternative?

Unless a new liberal non-religious party starts up then no there isn't from my perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

At the moment he looks like a ****ing genius compared to what's sitting across the Dail from him.. IMHO.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    At the moment he looks like a ****ing genius compared to what's sitting across the Dail from him.. IMHO.

The genius who set up a quango, with a bonus culture and failed Fg buddies at the top on massive wages and cannot understand why theres resistance to it. Mensa material indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Look, will someone keep an eye on my bicycle during the demos in town next month. I don't want 1 of the any gougers attending the protest to rob or vandalise it.
    There has to be an honest protestor or 2 out there who will help a hard working person such as myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

To be fair Mick Wallace has also left the taxpayer out of pocket. For someone who does so much political posturing I cannot take him seriously. I find it hard to believe he is not in the Dail for his own selfish reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Pigfoot wrote: »
    A rainbow coalition of all parties such as many small countries have. a reformed Dail with a neutral Ceann Comhairle, free vote, speaking right for all elected TD, . Force all these different ideologies to step up to the mark. Could be a disaster but we are already in a disaster. Clutching at straws seems like a good alternative to me!

In any event whoever governs will be kept in check by the 'Outer House' ie - us lot on Facebook. A new force in politics - no more flankers will be pulled in the twilight zone of mid term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

He brought down Shatter though.

I'm guessing Shatter was educated to a higher level than Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He also defrauded the state out of €1.4 million euro, You gave some strange hero's to look up to i'll give you that.

ROCKMAN wrote: »

Mick Wallace is the flip side of the same coin. Just because he wears different clothes and has the hair do of a clown doesn't mitigate from the fact he has avoided paying substantial taxes to the exchequer and imho should no longer be allowed to sit in Dail Eireann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

He also defrauded the state out of €1.4 million euro, You gave some strange hero's to look up to i'll give you that.

Micks no hero of mine, but I'd consider him less snake-like than Shatter, a truly obnoxious and spiteful individual.

Shatter took down Shatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

gandalf wrote: »
    Mick Wallace is the flip side of the same coin. Just because he wears difference clothes and has the hair do of a clown doesn't mitigate from the fact he has avoided paying substantial taxes to the exchequer and imho should no longer be allowed to sit in Dail Eireann.

A crook and a liar

Honestly wouldn't mind seen some of this in Action ,
    I would love to see the party whip system done away with and allow free voting ,
    also forget the idea that Government bills always have to pass for them to stay in power. Could lead to some worthwhile and refreshing approaches and ideas .
    Could be a totally disaster but how will be ever know if we don't try.

Ps can I see it happening ,NO ,but it's nice to dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

He has a teaching degree so he is hardly that.
    He also has more balls than Enda Kenny who won't go on Vincent Brown, The Late Late Show or Primetime for interviews because he knows that he is a con man and would be taken apart and exposed for the liar that he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Wallace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Fuhrer wrote: »
    A crook and a liar

He should fit in well so :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Mick Wallace is the flip side of the same coin. Just because he wears difference clothes and has the hair do of a clown doesn't mitigate from the fact he has avoided paying substantial taxes to the exchequer and imho should no longer be allowed to sit in Dail Eireann.

What does that say about Ireland and our tolerance for these matters? Yes he should have been thrown out of Dail Eireann. People like him are part of the problem and not the solution. That goes for all sides of the political spectrum. No accountability whatsoever.

He also has more balls than Enda Kenny who won't go on Vincent Brown. The Late Late Show or Primetime for interviews because he knows that he is a con man and would be taken apart and exposed for the liar that he is.

Mick Wallace is an independant with no party funding or political operatives to forward his agenda, he has to appear on shows like Vincent Browne to get himself heard.

I doubt hes doing it because hes braver than Enda Kenny

LOL this gets better. Apparently Irish Water only stated to look for a Data Protection Manager from the 30th of October (the date of the linked article). No wonder they are in a shambles (although I thought the award of the contract to Bord Gais was to ensure all the "teethin" problems associated with "Green Field" operation would going to be bypassed?).
    Irish Water has finally started a hunt for a data protection manager, months after it started the process of demanding and recording customers’ PPS numbers.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/search-for-irish-water-data-boss-begins-295584.html

Surely given the nature of the information they were seeking this would have been one of the first management positions that they would have filled??

Surely given the nature of the information they were seeking this would have been one of the first management positions that they would have filled??

It also asks the question, what exactly did they spend all that consulting money on if this basic position wasn't filled at the very start?

It also asks the question, what exactly did they spend all that consulting money on if this basic position wasn't filled at the very start?

Did the money actually go to consultants or to the Buddies at the helm?
    Creative accountancy wouldnt be unheard of.

He also has more balls than Enda Kenny who won't go on Vincent Brown. The Late Late Show or Primetime for interviews because he knows that he is a con man and would be taken apart and exposed for the liar that he is.

Ok leave out Mick Wallace for a moment '
    It still a good question.
    why have we not seen Enda Kenny on Vincent Brown, The Late Late Show or Primetime.

Surely as a nation we deserve to see and hear a frank and honest interview from the leader of the country at this time and not just rehearsed little snippets here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Mick Wallace is an independant with no party funding or political operatives to forward his agenda, he has to appear on shows like Vincent Browne to get himself heard.

I doubt hes doing it because hes braver than Enda Kenny

Wallace ****ed us over and has already shown us what a dishonest little **** he is., he's only in it for the money.
    irishexaminer.com/viewpoints/ourview/wallace-scandal--intolerable-position-196891.html

Mr Wallace admitted that he filed a dishonest tax return, but it would seem that he cannot be prosecuted, because he has reached a settlement with the Revenue Commissions to have his company pay €2.1m, even though he knows the company is unlikely to be able to pay that money. He cannot be put into bankruptcy over this matter because he was representing a limited company.

Our system is clearly broken. People are being invited to conclude that a member of the Oireachtas has a licence to evade tax. This is an intolerable position in any self-respecting Republic

Did the money actually go to consultants or to the Buddies at the helm?
    Creative accountancy wouldnt be unheard of.

Probably mostly friends of friends, a few team building exercises and a little bit
    probably went to carrying out a report that they've had sitting in a drawer for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

The state has defrauded the Irish people out of €60 odd billion in order to keep their banking buddies here and in the ECB happy.
    I know which one I see as the bigger crime.

• Advertisement

Probably mostly friends of friends, a few team building exercises and a little bit
    probably went to carrying out a report that they've had sitting in a drawer for years.

Many years ago one Sinead O'Connor, probably more in relation to the church and rather rapeily said something to the effect of 'This country needs dragging down an alley way and ****ed"
    I concur.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement