Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

- "IW will delete PPS data already collected and this will be subject to independent verification" .. doesn't say when though

- They'll be auditing occupancy declarations to ensure honesty. You may be asked to provide evidence

- It is the occupier of a premises who pays the bill. Owner = occupier unless proven otherwise which require landlords to pass on tenant contact details
    Landlords will be allowed deduct from deposits if necessary (to be covered by new legislation)

(Currently on Radio 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

BBJBIG wrote: »
    NO WAY !!! OUT THEY GO !!!

They have done nothing but LIED to the people.
    Bankers, Builders, Bondholders, EU, ECB, IMF - Foooook em all.

And the people are treated as DEBT SLAVES !!!
    No way, Hose !!!

They Go - end of story !!! !!! !!!

Foooookin Bunch of Clowns ...

:mad:

This kind of rabble is exactly what happens to a debate open to anyone with a mouth.

howiya wrote: »
    Just went over to rte.ie there and the homepage carries a picture of a line of Irish Water vans that appear to be blockaded by protestors.

Now ignoring the fact that two of the them have parked in a yellow box (could be photoshopped after all), I couldn't help wonder why they would all park in a line making it easy for protestors.

Have they never heard of the divide and conquer saying?

I imagine work vans are allowed to park in yellow boxes or double lines etc when theirs work to be done in the area or, the most likely scenario, when moving away from the yellow line would mean running over a bunch of people surrounding their vans.

As for the photoshopped statement - have you got your tinfoil hat on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

VinLieger wrote: »
    And you dont understand how easy going to gardai are compared to police forces in other countries when elected officials it is their job to protect are intimidated and attacked in this manner

To be honest the elected officials in this country have still got it easier than others around the world as well. Some have been dropped into bins like some of the parliamentarians in the Ukraine, the Czech president got egged the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

Nice panning shot of Herr Enda there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

mojesius wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for him. Doesn't seem like a bad fella really. Hogan left him with a complete ****storm.

Haven't seen the Dail that full all year :D

Yeah, I agree with you. He is now the government image of IW. Hogan is almost forgotton about while Kelly is left to clean up his mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Allyall wrote: »
    Don't I?

Why not?

Because in Germany or France anyone who got within that distance of the the president or prime minister would have been taken down with batons handcuffed and charged with attempting to assualt the president or prime minister, in America she would most likely have just been shot and you are complaining that she was manhandled out of the way and then let go?

Go and find some perspective maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Kelly confirms that "reasonable people" will accept the new scam.

Thats it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bills to be taken from deposits by landlords of non complaint tenents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Luvly Hurlin !!!
    Foooooookin Bunch of Clowns :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Really highlighting your ignorance here. See what happens to a UK politician who states he has some sympathies with UKIP. As for the US - are you joking?

Every country has a whip system (or some form of it) because crowd sourcing government policy is a ridiculous idea.

The Dáil doesn't allow the government to govern un-hindered. They often fail to get bills through or can only get bills through once revised to suit as many sides as possible - that's democracy: compromise. This mornings new is a fine example of that.

That Dáil is not there to tell the government how to do it's job, it's to make sure there's a proportional debate and say on policy based on elected officials, not the electorate. The electorate don't know how to run a country.

We're not talking about sympathies. We're talking about how people vote in the parliamentary chamber. The whip is about votes, not how people sympathise.

How many bills in the UK this year have been supported by each and every Conservative and Liberal Democrat member?

As for the US here is a recent example of a Democrat sponsored bill supported by Democrats and some republicans. You will also note from the link that a Democrat voted against said bill.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/us/nsa-phone-records.html?_r=0

If anyone is ignorant on this subject it would appear to be your good self

• Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So, in summary, if every single household paid, they would get a net €240 million or so in the first year.

That wont happen, so lets say they get 42% compliance (this is the number of those registered so far) = €100 million.

How much have they spent so far on metering, consultants and other wasteful practices, not to mention the undetermined cost of the social welfare administration for the €100 rebate? Make it a round €1 billion, and counting.

So these clowns have effectively p1ssed away €900 million from a bankrupt country.

Get out. Get the **** out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Because in Germany or France anyone who got within that distance of the the president or prime minister would have been taken down with batons handcuffed and charged with attempting to assualt the president or prime minister, in America she would most likely have just been shot and you are complaining that she was manhandled out of the way and then let go?

Where are you getting your information that I don't have perspective? Where did I complain she was manhandled and let go? Or complain?

In America she would have been shot?

My perspective is perfectly fine, thanks, and I don't think comparing what might/might not happen in other Countries in similar circumstances, with similar people involved etc.. to be a good perspective of things.

There's a video of a single protester tyring to grab Sarcozy's ties when he was in office in France. He was shaking hands with people along a barricade when this fool lunged at him. The dude was taken down in a split second and dozens of security (most undercover) dived on him, guns drawn, pinning him down before being cuffed, shirt ripped off to check for weapons/device and dragged away within seconds.

This, as opposed to a push off an unarmed garda.

Yeah. Real fascist dictatorship we have here in Ireland these days!!! :eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The idea that the ordinary punter on the street would be any better at running the country if they were elected, is laughable.

Firstly if you were elected into power your main concern would be, whether anyone admits it or not, to be re-elected. So you would find that you would do whatever it took regardless of whether it was popular or not.

Second if you were suddenly in a position of power and had more money than you knew what do with, I guarantee your only concern would be how best to hang to it and make more.

What are you on about ,A massive percentage of TD'S are only ordinary punters before they are elected , School teachers, Farmers, Builders etc etc etc,,
    if They are part of the cabinet they are advised by their department ,where the knowledge and experience lies (we hope).

OH YES I totally agree with you that most once they get in ,they milk the system some even make it a life long career .

Who is advising these clowns, more petrol for the fire LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Who were the animals? The Garda that decided not to restrain the lady, but rather fling her towards a bollard, or the protestors who flung a kids water balloon toy and splashed the neck of a TD, and then formed a line/blockade in protest (Which as previously mentioned, is a legit form of protest)?

BTW. You obviously don't understand peoples anger.

Another one who has chosen to ignore what the woman herself said happened. She said clearly and unequivocally that she was NOT thrown against anything but that it was the GARDA who it the bollard in an attempt to protect her.

I understand perfectly that people are at the end of the tether and that many just can't afford this charge. I understand that people feel they were lied to and that FG are the reason we're in the mess we're in ( they aren't of course but I know why people feel that way).

But you will never convince me that chasing people, locking them in their cars, threatening them with bombs, throwing things at them, jumping on their vehicles etc is the way to go about showing that anger.

Peaceful protests/lines/blockades I have no problem with. But that's not what we witnessed in recent days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

3 euro per week, per household isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

in America she would most likely have just been shot

If you repeat this enough times perhaps someone will eventually believe you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Another one who has chosen to ignore what the woman herself said happened. She said clearly and unequivocally that she was NOT thrown against anything but that it was the GARDA who it the bollard in an attempt to protect her.

I understand perfectly that people are at the end of the tether and that many just can't afford this charge. I understand that people feel they were lied to and that FG are the reason we're in the mess we're in ( they aren't of course but I know why people feel that way).

But you will never convince me that chasing people, locking them in their cars, threatening them with bombs, throwing things at them, jumping on their vehicles etc is the way to go about showing that anger.

Peaceful protests/lines/blockades I have no problem with. But that's not what we witnessed in recent days.

I ignored nothing.
    "TOWARDS"

• Advertisement

If you repeat this enough times perhaps someone will eventually believe you :rolleyes:

It worked for George W (errr oh maybe it didn't then!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    What are you on about ,A massive percentage of TD'S are only ordinary punters before they are elected , School teachers, Farmers, Builders etc etc etc,,
    if They are part of the cabinet they are advised by their department ,where the knowledge and experience lies (we hope).

OH YES I totally agree with you that most once they get in ,they milk the system some even make it a life long career .

I know they are, I was addressing the people who persist with this them-and-us attitudes. Politicians are no different from us, or they weren't at one time and it's useless to pretend otherwise or to act as if we are somehow superior in our morals and beliefs and policies than they were or are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Let the man speak ye fcuking clowns. Christ:mad:

Where are you getting your information that I don't have perspective? Where did I complain she was manhandled and let go? Or complain?

In America she would have been shot?

My perspective is perfectly fine, thanks, and I don't think comparing what might/might not happen in other Countries in similar circumstances, with similar people involved etc.. to be a good perspective of things.

In America, lunging at Obama would get you shot. Without a doubt.

Very rare you'd even get close though as Obama does maybe one unscheduled "walkabout" the Mall in DC per year. Other than that he's in a bubble so sterile a stray dog couldn't get through.

I've no problem with someone approaching Enda Kenny and having a heated exchange or asking him questions. But charging in huge numbers at politicians, blocking their cars and throwing things should not be tolerated in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

Dean0088 wrote: »
    I imagine work vans are allowed to park in yellow boxes or double lines etc when theirs work to be done in the area or, the most likely scenario, when moving away from the yellow line would mean running over a bunch of people surrounding their vans.

As for the photoshopped statement - have you got your tinfoil hat on?

I was going for humour with the photoshop comment. It seemed to be very topical recently. Will try harder next time

I was more wondering why they park together in a line rather than each van going to its place of work. It makes it easy for the protestors to target them.

If they are already in their place of work then the blockade is irrelevant so it would suggest that they have somewhere else to go and I'm wondering why they didn't go there in the first place i.e. park outside the property where they are installing the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Allright go get a clear line to run at Obama's car and see what happens, firstly you wouldn't get that close cus you would have secret service on top of you BUT if you did get past the first line the next line would have their guns out and be firing already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's a case of how IW treat reports of leaks: IW were installing a meter,resident informs them that there's a leak in the pipe beside where they are installing the meter,resident is told "so,none of my business" and the meter is installed & area reinstated.The result was damage to another 50 or so yards of water mains.
    A great bunch of lads.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Which makes no sense.

I would be unhappy if I was a landlord tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Let the man speak ye fcuking clowns. Christ:mad:

Pathetic behaviour to not let the man finish. 2yr olds would behave better!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

NO SURRENDER.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement