Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Can someone summarise what way water charges are going to work for the foreseeable future?

Do we just pay a flat rate regardless of consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

donvito99 wrote: »
    So, there's no incentive to save. None. Well done FG, well fúcking done.

There is? Those with meters get a rebate if their usage is less then the flat charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But are people going to be charges the full amount per quarter (so family charged 260/4=65) and then get a refund from revenue. What will the timings be like. What if you register but don't pay, do you still be the rebate?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Fuhrer wrote: »
    We are already being taxed for Water. This is the second tax on water.

And there are multiple taxes on income, fuel, vehicle purchases, owning a TV.... etc... etc..

But when its water & sewage, its a Rubicon moment.

And there are multiple taxes on income, fuel, vehicle purchases, owning a TV.... etc... etc..

But when its water & sewage, its a Rubicon moment.

Its almost as if people have had enough of increased taxation

• Advertisement

An what of the allowance that was first muted per household (33k litres) is that now gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

92 pages and people still don't get it, The people are not going to pay, The majority have now got a taste for it and they will not budge, We should start a thread on which politician gets a dig first? My money would be on Enda but the wimp has to come out of hiding first and stop hiding behind his lap dog Joan Burton

PS Who pays for a tv licence? So 1999 get with the times and tell them to fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's all swings and roundabouts. I've read in a few places online that it costs about €600 a year to provide the average family home with water. Were going to pay €160, and the rest of the money will be given to Irish Water by the government in the form of a subsidy. And where will the money for that subsidy come from? The taxpayers of course!

If people are confused read this: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/q-a-all-your-water-charges-questions-answered-1.2007289

Benteke wrote: »

PS Who pays for a tv licence? So 1999 get with the times and tell them to fcuk off

I remember living in a house when I was at college and letters kept coming about the TV license with some weird name on it.

I asked the landlord about it and he said it was some student who gave his name years ago to the inspector when he came around. That hadnt been paid in four years apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I feel sick what more do we have to do
    I'm not paying never will thick feckers :mad:

• Advertisement

The government can charge what they want, still not paying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But are people going to be charges the full amount per quarter (so family charged 260/4=65) and then get a refund from revenue. What will the timings be like. What if you register but don't pay, do you still be the rebate?

You get a rebate only if you have paid. You apply for rebate in Sept I think.

I presume the person who's name is on the application gets the rebate. So would that person have to pay four times in the year? Or will they check if the dwelling has paid the full year and give the rebate to the person who's name is registered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I don't think the current government have done a bad job & I know I'm leaving myself open for a load of abuse but I don't have an issue with the water charges. Personally I'd hate to see FF back in power & I don't trust some of the other parties to not make a complete mess of things.

I think this says more about our shítty political system and permanent government (civil service/local authorities) than the calibre of any political parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If I pay,and that's a big IF, they will be paid €160. They are not getting a penny more,and then have me waiting like a beggar for my own money back. They can do their own internal paperwork if they want..

A musical interlude from RPPP....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

92 pages and people still don't get it, The people are not going to pay, The majority have now got a taste for it and they will not budge, We should start a thread on which politician gets a dig first? My money would be on Enda but the wimp has to come out of hiding first and stop hiding behind his lap dog Joan Burton

A taste for what, violence towards elected officials? That is what your advocating correct?

Also your admitting to be a tv license dodger so your opinion is null and void, im guessing you are one of the crowd who will refuse to pay for water full stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Red Pepper wrote: »
    What a climbdown by the government. Spineless.
    It is great to see what people power can do in this Banana Republic.

How are the RPPP doing ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Daith wrote: »
    There is? Those with meters get a rebate if their usage is less then the flat charge.
    Yes but the problem there is that large families would never have bills that low anyway by being metered so they can leave the taps on all day and it will make no difference to them. There is no incentive to save water at all. Also did i hear right that houses with wells and on a private water scheme are also entitled to the 100 euro grant even though they are not customers with IW? At this rate there wont be much left to fix the infrastructure.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I remember living in a house when I was at college and letters kept coming about the TV license with some weird name on it.

I asked the landlord about it and he said it was some student who gave his name years ago to the inspector when he came around. That hadnt been paid in four years apparently.

5 years ago i got a call on the door and they asked to come in, As you can imagine they got told were to go, Have not heard anything since, So laughing in their face does work

shinzon wrote: »
    jaysus I cant believe how many people have posted on this thread saying those charges aren't bad there drawing you in not forcing you to sign up just offering sweetners, can you not see this.

This government wont be in power in 2016 so anything he says as regards legislation can be all rolled back on.

Don't be fooled FFS

Shin

yes and there is NOTHING to stop Dept of Socical Protection in any future budget withdrawing their €100 "conservation grant" (or whatever it's called this week) - or cutting it. This is just a carrot to get us in.

Wait and see...... Budget 2016 or 2017..... "the €100 houshold grant for water is to be cut with immediate effect" - I can see those headlines already....

• Advertisement

5 years ago i got a call on the door and they asked to come in, As you can imagine they got told were to go, Have not heard anything since, So laughing in their face does work

Hmmm,

I don't actually believe you.

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's all swings and roundabouts. I've read in a few places online that it costs about €600 a year to provide the average family home with water. Were going to pay €160, and the rest of the money will be given to Irish Water by the government in the form of a subsidy. And where will the money for that subsidy come from? The taxpayers of course!

If people are confused read this: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/q-a-all-your-water-charges-questions-answered-1.2007289

Well where else would it come from? The people are refusing to pay for their water directly so the shortfall in payments will then have to be taken indirectly.

The people who have fallen for the propaganda that water doesn't cost anything are gonna get a shock in 10 years time when they are on a boil water notice

So are we being asked to pay 65 per quarter to IW and then wait until september to get 100 back? I won't be doing that. No one would pay the queartely charge unti lthe year end. So at this point, IW will not be seeing any revenue until April 2016

The december 10th protest is too far away, we need a protest this weekend

Stargate wrote: »
    How are the RPPP doing ? :D

The polls say that 60% of the time, we are right every time.

The RPPP is always looking out for suitable candidates.

So far we have only two policies;
    1) Abolish Irish Water
    2) Stick a Husqvarna leaf blower up Enda's chocolate starfish and turn it on full blast.

It was too long a gap. It created a vacuum of anger.

And how will a protest stop the real cost of water being around 600 euro per average household? Protesting won't make the real cost to produce potable water go away.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So are we being asked to pay 65 per quarter to IW and then wait until september to get 100 back? I won't be doing that. No one would pay the queartely charge unti lthe year end. So at this point, IW will not be seeing any revenue until April 2016

Yeah, but as many people have pointed out, its not about making revenue yet. Its about getting people used to paying Irish Water.

Thats why they have the rebate, so people will register their details, probably set up a direct debit and more or less just take it for granted that they now have to pay Irish Water.

Once that's all in place, a nice regular occurrence they'll start increasing the price until they're making money out of it

You do know you can have your own protest right?

Just go down to your local TD's office and tell him you dont like him, or stand outside with a sign.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    A taste for what, violence towards elected officials? That is what your advocating correct?

Also your admitting to be a tv license dodger so your opinion is null and void, im guessing you are one of the crowd who will refuse to pay for water full stop

Who's advocating violence? It does not take all of your 3 braincells to realise things are boiling over, Gardai throwing young girls into kerbs and pepper spraying young kids and if that continues the streets will get messy, As for tv licence, i will never pay to watch the crap on rte, What have they got to offer, Daily coverage of kissing the governments backside, Not for me thank you, Another 160 saved this year, Add that on top of the other 160 I will save by not paying IW, Come to think of it FG and Lab were right, Their is a way of saving when you put your mind to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement