Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Hmmm,

I don't actually believe you.

I don't care if you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

You do know you can have your own protest right?

Just go down to your local TD's office and tell him you dont like him, or stand outside with a sign.

Even better is emails. Send them loads of emails.
    Use various email accounts and send to multiple TDs.

Emails are votes.

Especially send emails to TDs who are in a precarious position in your constituency e.g. elected in the last few counts or is a new TD.
    The replies can be funny too.

COLOR="DarkRed"][I]Vote RPPP #1[/I][/COLOR

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Benteke wrote: »
    Who's advocating violence? It does not take all of your 3 braincells to realise things are boiling over, Gardai throwing young girls into kerbs and pepper spraying young kids and if that continues the streets will get messy, As for tv licence, i will never pay to watch the crap on rte, What have they got to offer, Daily coverage of kissing the governments backside, Not for me thank you, Another 160 saved this year, Add that on top of the other 160 I will save by not paying IW, Come to think of it FG and Lab were right, Their is a way of saving when you put your mind to it

Well you specifically asked which politician should get a dig first, thats advocating violence is it not? Also get with the times the woman has made a statement she was not thrown into anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Even better is emails. Send them loads of emails.
    Use various email accounts and send to multiple TDs.

Emails are votes.

Especially send emails to TDs who are in a precarious position in your constituency e.g. elected in the last few counts or is a new TD.
    The replies can be funny too.

Does anyone actually write letters anymore?

I dont think ive hand written anything this year apart from my signature.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well you specifically asked which politician should get a dig first, thats advocating violence is it not? Also get with the times the woman has made a statement she was not thrown into anything.

I asked a question that's not advocating is it?

• Advertisement

He clearly doesn't know what advocating means.

Also the girl is going to make a complaint after she was viciously thrown like a rag doll, Get with the program

He clearly doesn't know what advocating means.

and you don't know the difference between that and a question it seems

and you don't know the difference between that and a question it seems

Yeah, I do. I have no idea what you're rambling about now.

Yeah, I do. I have no idea what you're rambling about now.

We can add not been able to read to the list also

• Advertisement

Also the girl is going to make a complaint after she was viciously thrown like a rag doll, Get with the program

Too be honest I dont care since you freely admit to be a filthy tax dodging sponger, chances are you cant read either:

http://www.thejournal.ie/tall-guard-black-protest-1785683-Nov2014/

I had to look up the word plebiscite as I hadn't a notion!

plebiscite (ˈplɛbɪˌsaɪt; -sɪt)
    n
    1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a direct vote by the electorate of a state, region, etc, on some question of usually national importance, such as union with another state or acceptance of a government programme
    2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) any expression or determination of public opinion on some matter

I'm guessing that the only difference between it and referendum is that it doesn't get written into the constitution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Prsi,usc,vhi,property tax,land tax,motor tax,gift tax,excise tax,corporation tax, stamp duty tax,car insurance, house insurance, nct tax,dirt tax and the list goes on.feel free to add to it.
    So no, the answer is no we don't want another tax, which is all it is.
    Just dont pay it no matter how small they make it.

She's making a complaint, Watch the video all that page does is confirm it, we seem to have a few slow folk on here, i better remove myself before I get banned, Bring on Dec 10th when the people come together

NO TO WATER CHARGES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Then you need a corresponding reduction in services.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Prsi,usc,vhi,property tax,land tax,motor tax,gift tax,excise tax,corporation tax, stamp duty tax,car insurance, house insurance, nct tax,dirt tax and the list goes on.feel free to add to it.
    So no, the answer is no we don't want another tax, which is all it is.
    Just dont pay it no matter how small they make it.

What services would you like cut so that we can balance the books? Country is still running at a deficit and we're borrowing to keep the lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

What are you gonna do ?????

Ring Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Apt user name there, Crazy Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What services would you like cut so that we can balance the books? Country is still running at a deficit and we're borrowing to keep the lights on.

Social welfare needs looking at tbh. I know that's a popular topic here but it really does need reining in.

She's making a complaint, Watch the video all that page does is confirm it, we seem to have a few slow folk on here, i better remove myself before I get banned, Bring on Dec 10th when the people come together

NO TO WATER CHARGES

She specifically states she was not thrown into a kerb on purpose and it was the guard attempting to stop her being harmed, also she said she possibly will make a complaint there's no definite about it.

You really should read it entirely without blanking out the parts you dont like

• Advertisement

We can add not been able to read to the list also

Clearly I can read if I'm responding to your typed words.

VinLieger wrote: »
    She specifically states she was not thrown into a kerb on purpose and it was the guard attempting to stop her being harmed, also she said she possibly will make a complaint there's no definite about it.

You really should read it entirely without blanking out the parts you dont like

An anti-water charge protester is set to lodge a complaint against Gardai after she was thrown towards a bollard.

Fiona Healy, 33, from Baldoyle in Dublin, was grabbed and forcibly removed by officers after heading towards Enda Kenny's car at an anti-water charge demonstration at Dublin's Mansion House on Sunday.

In a video that surfaced on Facebook, gardai were shown pulling Fiona away from the Fine Gael leader's vehicle and apparently flinging her towards a bollard.

The clip cuts away at the moment of supposed impact but Fiona is shown on the ground at the bollard a second later.

Speaking today, she said she planned to raise the matter with the Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission, which deals with complaints about gardai.

She told RTE Radio One she was "quite badly bruised" on the hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Is this another thread about water charges or is there some other tax being introduced? I've not been living in Ireland these last few years so I'm a little out of the loop and the OP is not exactly coherent and informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

Apt user name there, Crazy Gerry.

Is it yea?

I will leave it at that, Dec 10th, Everyone come out, People power will win out and we together will bring this corrupt government to it's knees

NO TO WAYER CHARGES EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Seems that as long as someone has no intention of selling their house they will get away with not paying, IW aren't going to take thousands of people to court.

Nothing to do with the fact that an election is only just over a year away...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Irish water has now replaced Oliver Cromwell,as the most hated two words in Irish history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

I had to look up the word plebiscite as I hadn't a notion!

plebiscite (ˈplɛbɪˌsaɪt; -sɪt)
    n
    1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a direct vote by the electorate of a state, region, etc, on some question of usually national importance, such as union with another state or acceptance of a government programme
    2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) any expression or determination of public opinion on some matter

I'm guessing that the only difference between it and referendum is that it doesn't get written into the constitution?

The question that needs to be asked is why don't they want a referendum on the issue? We are due a referendum shortly so why not add it to that?

Some might say that this government want/need to leave the possibility of a sale open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

It's about another tax being introduced. Ie water. We are swimming in the effing stuff.

Seriously aren't people pissed off with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kenny on Oireachtas TV now.. opened with the "reasonable people" bit they've been peddling the last few days again of course.

He is so wooden it's hard to tell him from the bench he's standing behind - the usual monotone reading from the script without any attempt to address the points raised beforehand.

Reference to inheriting the mess.. check. Good thing this isn't a drinking game!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement