Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

No it hasn't.

That murdering bastard will always be the most hated.

Well OK then

The second most hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I am on the dole, a total of 245 Euro per week.
    And I have signed up to pay come April 2015.
    I think the latest rate of 60 Euro per year for a single man (including the 100 dole rebate),
    is a fair one. 1.15 Euro per week. I don't have a problem with that, if it means a clean and reliable water supply.
    If this is capped until the end of 2018, then I think that is fair enough; so 60 per year for the next 3 years straight.
    The reality is that the dated Irish water system needs upgrading, and so its reasonable that the end service user, the man drinking then water; pays something towards the service provision and maintenance.
    Personally I think 60 Euro per year for a man on the dole is a fair amount. And this is coming from someone who gave up TV, so I don't need to pay for a TV licence.
    100 per year dole rebate is a fair amount too, paid every quarter. I think that is a fair contribution from the social welfare.

Im pretty sure you still have to pay the TV license anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

VinLieger wrote: »
    So you dont want to pay for water ever?

Finally you are starting to cop on, You see i knew you were not as slow as you sound

Come out Dec 10th, People power will win out

NO TO WATER CHARGES EVER

Logging off so won't be back again

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

VinLieger wrote: »
    She specifically states she was not thrown into a kerb on purpose and it was the guard attempting to stop her being harmed, also she said she possibly will make a complaint there's no definite about it.

You really should read it entirely without blanking out the parts you dont like

If you watch the video it is quite obvious that the two Garda without the yellow jackets had the matter in hand. There was simply no need for the Garda in yellow to become involved. Its like shooting a thief in the back when he is exiting the window. Its over the top. I would like to see the women take him to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Any reason why you think house insurance, PRSI and Corporation Tax are so offensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I think the latest rate of 60 Euro per year for a single man (including the 100 dole rebate),
    is a fair one. 1.15 Euro per week. I don't have a problem with that, if it means a clean and reliable water supply.
    If this is capped until the end of 2018, then I think that is fair enough; so 60 per year for the next 3 years straight.
    The reality is that the dated Irish water system needs upgrading, and so its reasonable that the end service user, the man drinking then water; pays something towards the service provision and maintenance.
    Personally I think 60 Euro per year for a man on the dole is a fair amount. And this is coming from someone who gave up TV, so I don't need to pay for a TV licence.
    100 per year dole rebate is a fair amount too, paid every quarter. I think that is a fair contribution from the social welfare.

Cant believe you got sucked into this, legislation can be withdrawn or rewritten at any time, the first concession they give and you cave into it

Shame that

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Crazygerry, you do realise vhi isn't a tax, and is completely voluntary?

Yes,just saying its another thing we all have to pay. Most of us anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Don't worry. You can start looking forward to the broadcasting charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kenny going all around the houses listing his failures here.. he is the worst, most uninspiring, "leader" we've ever had in this country.

And here's Joan to read from her spin sheet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

crazygeryy wrote: »

Bat**** crazy this having to pay for things!

• Advertisement

Benteke wrote: »
    Finally you are starting to cop on, You see i knew you were not as slow as you sound

If you don't want to pay for water just disconnect your house from the mains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I have some land to sell that you might be interested in.
    You can come and view it when the tide goes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Well, about a 1/3rd do.

That's the same

Yes,just saying its another thing we all have to pay.

Paying for services. The affront of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Another thread about the water charge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Kenny on Oireachtas TV now.. opened with the "reasonable people" bit they've been peddling the last few days again of course.

He is so wooden it's hard to tell him from the bench he's standing behind - the usual monotone reading from the script without any attempt to address the points raised beforehand.

Reference to inheriting the mess.. check. Good thing this isn't a drinking game!

He's so wooden. I laughed so hard at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

anncoates wrote: »
    Paying for services. The affront of it all.

No services = no tax.

The next protest movement is born!

NO!

I mean YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Very disappointed by the way things are going. I was in favour of water charges, and still am, as they were a good way of spreading a small amount of burden from middle income PAYE workers without grasping the impossible task of trying to reduce the punitively progressive level of income tax in the country. I was absolutely against Irish Water given how it was set up; over-staffing to placate unions, the cronyism and the senior management there (itll be unforgivable if its confirmed someone like Hubert Kearns is employed there)

The governments present course of action of simply reducing charges is a complete joke. The over-staffing and management remains in place. The shortfall in revenue Irish Water are going to have will come from central funding, which will of course be made up by middle income PAYE workers, reducing the impact Irish Water may have had at trying to spread the load more fairly among people of the country. The government are just digging deeper and deeper here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

anncoates wrote: »
    Any reason why you think house insurance, PRSI and Corporation Tax are so offensive?

It's the amount of things we have to pay, i realise somethings have to be paid, and offensive wouldn't be a word i would use.

• Advertisement

He's so wooden. I laughed so hard at this.

Someone said earlier it was obvious that they've all been coached on talking points and phrases like "Reasonable People"

It will be interesting to see which journalists and broadcasters start using those phrases over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Benteke wrote: »

Come out Dec 10th, People power will win out

NO TO WATER CHARGES EVER

Logging off so won't be back again

Ahhh so you think potable, drinkable, filtered water falls from the sky, requires absolutely no money to store, treat and then send it to the houses and that sewage taken from your home also costs no money to send to a treatment plant once again filter and treat to return to the system. And that all of the above equipment requires no maintenance.......

Any reasonable protestor will realise it costs money and I respect that belief that they just don't like IW but anyone with your opinions is just plain ignorant so good riddance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mr. Noonan is now thinking of a way to tax such threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

20% of top earners pay the vast majority of tax in the country so I don't see the issue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

You've obviously never read a history book if you think Irish Water is anything close to Oliver Cromwell.

It was a joke.

Lighten up with the conclusions.

Downs Survey

It's the amount of things we have to pay, i realise somethings have to be paid, and offensive wouldn't be a word i would use.

Presumably you're someone who would be happier if all these taxes were rolled into one simple income tax.

A reasonable position to get behind I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Meh, I only pay USC, VAT and (occasionally) Excise.

I can understand your concerns if you're being forced to pay corporation tax personally. You should talk to the tax office.

This is actually the point most people seem to have. It's not how much we pay but the huge effort of having another thing to pay. If it could be 'bundled' in with something else like Sky or the Car payment no one would give a feck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Sucker. They have you for life now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement